Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problems with monstrology

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Players are required to get 30 and up animus to craft a summoning card spell that can be used only once. It is a waste of hard work. Same as the cancel spell card.

Extracting monsters by using damage spells is too hard.
There could be different ways to collect animus wothout depending on defeating a monster . Specialy when you face hard bosses .

There are bosses who needs to be defeated a certain way.
One shot / a speciphic strategy is required and there's no time to collect animus/ trying to collect animus can mess out the battle.

Damage spells can't be enchanted with damage which makes it harder to collect animus.

Animus farming is mostly soloing- so the process of collecting it is hard and long.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2020
ever thought of using a triple animus elixir? which ones are needing 30 animus? the most I see are 20. some as low as 6 animus. I see 30+ for expel cards.

rank 19 hangriest gobbler boss in karamelle is 10 animus to create a summoning card, 20 to create house guest and 15 for expel card.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2016
Star Gator on Dec 4, 2020 wrote:
Players are required to get 30 and up animus to craft a summoning card spell that can be used only once. It is a waste of hard work. Same as the cancel spell card.

There could be different ways to collect animus wothout depending on defeating a monster . Specialy when you face hard bosses .

One shot / a speciphic strategy is required and there's no time to collect animus/ trying to collect animus can mess out the battle.

Damage spells can't be enchanted with damage which makes it harder to collect animus.

Animus farming is mostly soloing- so the process of collecting it is hard and long.
I'm going to respond to your claims in order:

1. The only creature that costs 30 animus to make a summon treasure card is Malistaire the Undying (Shadow). All other creatures, as far as I know, cost less for a summon treasure card. I wouldn't say it's a waste of hard work. If you get a high ranking creature, it could help you out in solo fights, such as the battles with Wanadi Black Sky or Clemente Moraga (which are tough battles). You could put that creature in the monstrodome, and fight it as many times as you want, but the sad thing is, once it's in there, you can't get it back (I personally dislike this). You don't have to make a summon treasure card out of it. You can make a housing guest instead. I don't use expel cards, though.

If you want a short response, you can use a creature to help you out in a difficult solo battle, put it in the monstrodome, or make a housing guest out of it.

If you want to know how much monsters cost, here it is:

Minions cost 10 animus for a summon treasure card (6 for some Wizard City minions), 20 for a house guest (15 for some Wizard City minions), and 15 for an expel treasure card.

Bosses cost 20 animus for a summon treasure card (30 for Malistaire the Undying (Shadow)) and 30 for a house guest (50 for Malistaire the Undying (Shadow)). Bosses cannot be expelled.

2. It would be nice if there were other ways of collecting animus, but attacking them is the only way to collect animus. What I would like, however, is to combine an animus card with an enchantment card and use that on a damage card (single or AOE), which would make things easier.

3. I agree that it's a struggle to collect the animus of some bosses. When I collected animus from Malistaire the Undying, I would usually hit at the beginning of the battle if I can (since I'm usually the one going first), while everyone else blades up, preparing a big hit. After the first turn, I would do what everyone else was doing. You don't have to kill to collect animus, but you won't get as much as you do when you kill, which is a one animus difference. However, you must win the duel to get the animus. After the painful hours of farming Darkmoor, I managed to make Malistaire both as a summon treasure card (I placed him in the monstrodome) and as a housing guest. It may not be easy, but it can be done. I even made summon treasure cards out of his minions.

4. I don't like the fact that I can't combine the animus card with the enchantment card either. I just use enough blades to kill the creatures for their animus. I might even bring another character with me to give me blades so I can kill. I mainly fight minions.

5. I occasionally bring one of my other characters, or friends, with me when I'm collecting animus. I agree that collecting the animus of some monsters, especially bosses, is time consuming, but using the triple animus elixir can save you time. It costs 150 crowns, which is not bad.

I was recently farming in Karamelle for the animus of Gummy Bunnies and Gummy Worms, using a triple animus elixir. I was farming non-stop for an hour, collecting 9 animus for each kill, getting a total of 36 animus from each battle (since the duel circle is full). I managed to get even some Gummy Bears. When I was finished farming, I had about 50-70 animus for some Gummy Bunnies and Gummy Worms (note that there are varieties of Gummy Bunnies and Gummy Worms). I didn't get as much Gummy Bears, but I had enough to make tons of treasure cards, and made a few house guests out of them.

I hope my response to your post wasn't too confusing.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Star Gator on Dec 4, 2020 wrote:

What you should do when Animus farming, is to farm wisely. The second fight at Mirror lake in Zafaria can use the same animus extraction spell for all 4 monsters. When they die, you get animus for 4 different monsters. The same with the Tree Root (right before the end of Khrysalis part 2) fight, although if you get "lucky" (which depends on your definition), you might get animus from 4 - 6 or 7 monsters at a time. Then there is the Pacman Maze in Mirage. All of the instances I just mentioned have 4 monsters you can extract animus from using one spell only. In one 2x animus weekend, I received over 100 cards worth of animus for the monsters I was searching for, and like 10 cards worth of the others from the Tree Root fight. It's all about farming properly. I HOPE you found a sweet spot to use. If not, try one of these instances.