Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Quest Finder

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2009
Hello, I don't have a quest finder anymore on my life wizard. Its just quests and when I reach the end of them it's nothing. there's a blank space where the quest finder should be.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I have the same issue, I lost the Quest Finder on my ice wizard a week ago and I have not seen it since.

Administrator
Thanks for reporting this issue. We're aware and are investigating. If you have any more details that may be helpful for us to resolve the issue, please feel free to reply back with them. Thanks again!

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I have not lost the quest finder completely, but I have had it "stick" pointing straight ahead so it was effectively useless. I tried swapping quests and swapping characters and neither helped, but when I shut down the game completely and restarted it the issue cleared. This was about a week ago, it only happened once.

When similar things happen in other games, I often get told to "clear the cache". I get that this is a game for kids and KinsIsle doesn't want young kids to mess with advanced troubleshooting that involves the integrity of game files, but some of us are adults who are old hands at this sort of thing. Is there an equivalent of "clearing cache" in Wizard101?

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
DanTheTerrible on Dec 9, 2020 wrote:
I have not lost the quest finder completely, but I have had it "stick" pointing straight ahead so it was effectively useless. I tried swapping quests and swapping characters and neither helped, but when I shut down the game completely and restarted it the issue cleared. This was about a week ago, it only happened once.

When similar things happen in other games, I often get told to "clear the cache". I get that this is a game for kids and KinsIsle doesn't want young kids to mess with advanced troubleshooting that involves the integrity of game files, but some of us are adults who are old hands at this sort of thing. Is there an equivalent of "clearing cache" in Wizard101?
This happened again a few minutes ago. The quest finder locked to point straight ahead. I closed down the game and restarted it and now the quest finder works fine again. It appears anything KingsIsle has done to address this issue has not completely worked.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
DanTheTerrible on Dec 9, 2020 wrote:

This happened again today, December 16. The instant I opened the game window, not after I had played a while as has occurred before. The other navigation arrows work fine but the quest arrow gets stuck pointing straight ahead no matter how you turn, and changing quests or instances doesn't seem to help, you have to close down the game and restart.