Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New vs veteran players and cost of items

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
I spent 240 dollars on my alt account trying to get perm mounts and spells for my fire with no success. I paid the full price for crowns, put in 10 hrs of game play for 4 days in a row grinding lore master constantly to get spells that don't fit my school department and becomes useless at max level.

I am a veteran player of 5 yrs and counting and have seen the flaws and success the ups and downs and the length a few will go to accomplish their goals. Whether its creating pets, endless grinding for paid content, decoration etc all have its limits set by the interaction of RNG.

I've seen the attempted bad adjustments in items sales that were potentially free in game, that's because as a veteran player one knows how to manage their budget around this.

What I do not understand is the consequences of supporting a system despite knowing its rng is heavily against the players. The outcome of "chance" is seemly a consequence laid out by the algorithm than can be modified to be more or less. I started noticing this when the x3 times the lore spell drops came out.

Administrator
angellifeheart on Oct 26, 2020 wrote:
I spent 240 dollars on my alt account trying to get perm mounts and spells for my fire with no success. I paid the full price for crowns, put in 10 hrs of game play for 4 days in a row grinding lore master constantly to get spells that don't fit my school department and becomes useless at max level.

I am a veteran player of 5 yrs and counting and have seen the flaws and success the ups and downs and the length a few will go to accomplish their goals. Whether its creating pets, endless grinding for paid content, decoration etc all have its limits set by the interaction of RNG.

I've seen the attempted bad adjustments in items sales that were potentially free in game, that's because as a veteran player one knows how to manage their budget around this.

What I do not understand is the consequences of supporting a system despite knowing its rng is heavily against the players. The outcome of "chance" is seemly a consequence laid out by the algorithm than can be modified to be more or less. I started noticing this when the x3 times the lore spell drops came out.
Hi angellifeheart! I went ahead and approved your post, though to help keep the discussion on topic we had to remove some of the points that were directed at us and not for general discussion in the forums.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Sparck on Oct 27, 2020 wrote:
Hi angellifeheart! I went ahead and approved your post, though to help keep the discussion on topic we had to remove some of the points that were directed at us and not for general discussion in the forums.
I understand and I do apologize Mr. Spark, i just can fathom the idea of how people can get in 1-10 pack openings of items they specifically want or value, vs people spending x10 or 100 of that and don't get anything.