Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gristle-tusk

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 03, 2020
The gristle-tusk boss is extremely hard for me i am a level 52 life wizard and i cannot beat him he has a storm minion and he is life which means i have to use prism but he is a cheat boss and uses hexes whenever you use a trap prism or blade. LMK if you have any tips.
Gristle-tusk:health 5280 has a very strong natural.
Minion: health 990 loves to use stormzilla.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Ad1ngr on Oct 25, 2020 wrote:
The gristle-tusk boss is extremely hard for me i am a level 52 life wizard and i cannot beat him he has a storm minion and he is life which means i have to use prism but he is a cheat boss and uses hexes whenever you use a trap prism or blade. LMK if you have any tips.
Gristle-tusk:health 5280 has a very strong natural.
Minion: health 990 loves to use stormzilla.
According to the Wizard 101 Central page, he has a boost to Death and Fire and he cheats if you use wards or charms. Were it me, I would load my treasure cards up with Death and Fire, and try to get the most powerful one hit ones you can get. I would also try to get a pet with wards and charms that are maycast as the page also says that pet spells do not trigger the cheats.

Alternatively you can spam Forest Lord (as you should have it by level 52) and prism. It is grating to have to do this (trust me, I understand), but it should get the job done provided you have a large enough deck (try to get one with as many cards as possible that way you can maximize your ability to hit your opponent). Also, don't discount your Sprite Guardian spell. He casts Satyr, which can really help you out. I get Sprite Guardian as a TC on my characters that aren't even Life wizards, I love that spell so much.

Hope some of this helped!

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hi,
I guess it's a solo fight cuz if not the best way is to go with a friend.

So first thing get rid of the minion quick,im sure an hex+stormzilla is hard to swallow if your resist are not high, a forest lord with sun boost (the lvl52 from celestia or a tc) should do it.
After just stack boost and heal when you need the idea is to one shot the boss so prism first (if you prism before he put a death shield the shield will not trigger):
life trap/spiritual trap/feint/tc traps/items traps/pet traps
Life blade/spiritual blade/tc blades/items blades/pet blades
Bring few life shield that dont cost pip

Maycast healing pet are a great help for solo questing in general
If you see he staked too much pip use life dispel
After few try you should be able to guess what spell the enemie has so some tc utility card could help:
Cleanse against fire efreet or any negative blade
Pierce or steal shield against ice tower shield or any life shielding boss
Cleanse ward against big trap on you
Triage for the dots

Depend of your gear and choice you probably has focused damage or défense/power pip or incoming outgoing heal
If you have good heal stat well send fairy instead of satyr
If you have good power pip you will gain pip faster so you will get more spell flexibility
A good damage can make you one shot the minion without casting a blade so no hex
A good defense mean less damage you have more time to everything

A mix between all these stats (+accuracy cuz fizzle is bad)is the best

If after that you still stuck at this boss there is still henchman but they cost crown

I hope this will help

Erin GoldenFlame 108 theurgist