Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need help: How to best use training points for Balance wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2011
I’m a level 30 Balance wizard wondering how to best advance my character. I have 7 training points. In addition to Balance spells, I have a few Death spells and several good amulets. I’ve seen people recommending that wizards use training points for blades/shields/traps, but I already have Elemental trap/blade/shield, Spirit trap/blade/shield, Hex and Power Play, precision, balance blade, weakness...where to go from here? Do I invest in other schools? What’s the wisest way to use 7 training points?

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
Definitely invest in tower shields and/or feints! They'll be useful for balance wizards since tower shields will be able to block incoming balance attacks and feints are universal traps.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
I definitely would recommend to train all the way up until Feint for your wizard. That should be your #1 priority!
After that I recommend in saving the rest until you reach Celestia and train into the school: strong, giant, monstrous, gargantuan, and colossal once you get to Zafaria

Additionally, I recommend doing Grizzleheim/Wintertusk because it will give you access to the Availing Hands spell, which is an excellent heal for us Balance Wizards

Later in the game towards Azteca, you will want to train the spells Sharpened Blade and Potent Trap

An optional thing you can train once you unlock Celestia is the school: Fortify is the only spell I recommend from there. Once you get to Zafaria, again, train Berzerk because far later in the game you will need it for Frenzy!

In Khrysalis you're gonna have to spend a point for Shadow Shrike, so make sure to keep one on the side!

I highly recommend doing as many Zeke Quests as possible, there's lots of guides available to help you find the locations.