Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Annoying pet fails

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Hello fellow wizards!

Trained a pet for my new ice wizard today.
Ice giver. Great
Spell proof. Amazing
Critical striker? I guess, my wizard is still new but this couldn't hurt

But then, there was darkness, a nightmare, something old cob himself wouldn't wish on his worse enemies!

I got a maycast storm trap

I spent so much time, so many snacks, and this is my reward?! Sorry guys, felt like I needed to vent. It's annoying especially when I barely have pet snacks as it is :(

What are your pet fail stories? Feel free to share!

Jonathan Dawnhunter

lvl 130

Historian
May 15, 2009
you don't know suffering until you train a pet to Mega, only for a derby trait to manifest

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Most would rather a pet fail at teen, adult or even ancient rather than epic or mega.

Many have hence advocated for a overhaul of how the current pet system operates.

Possible to remove a talent using crowns or so and try training the pet again are among the ideas postulated.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
Star Edward on Jan 18, 2020 wrote:
Most would rather a pet fail at teen, adult or even ancient rather than epic or mega.

Many have hence advocated for a overhaul of how the current pet system operates.

Possible to remove a talent using crowns or so and try training the pet again are among the ideas postulated.

I agree! I think having that option could be a great idea

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Star Edward on Jan 18, 2020 wrote:

I have hatched many, many pets--almost all fail pets. Yes, a fail at mega is heartbreaking.

But I wouldn't like just being able to pay to remove a talent. I like the challenge of finding the right hatching pairs and doing it over and over until my pet is perfect. It gives a real feeling of accomplishment.

Yes, it takes a lot of pet snacks, but I currently have 36 couch potatoes growing in my garden at all times. I like to harvest snacks from them until I have enough built up to go crazy with the hatching.

I find the limiting resource is energy, so I tend to wait for double pet XP benefit to roll around. I wish it were possible to farm for energy elixirs.