Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Micro Stutters in Wizard101 pls FIX

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
I wanted the know whats the causes of these small micro stutters.

When you open your backpack or spellbook, either one of them, there is an fps drop problem. I used MSI afterburner to monitor the fps.

in wizard101 I test this on a regular work computer, and high-end gaming computer its seem both have the same problem even when I'm playing on the lowest settings wizard101 has to offer it still stutters when you're joining another realm such as crowded realms in the commons the fps drop very very low I found out that using and turning off these settings boost performance a bit and causes your fps to drop

(Texture Detail) (LOW)
Using High, you don't see the difference much so Recommend using LOW

(Smoothing) (OFF)
This is pretty much the same as FXAA or Anti-aliasing which may cause you performance problems, but it does help to remove pixilated edges

(Shadows) (OFF)
Removes Shadows from your wizard and pets and NPC this option you can either leave it on or off it doesn't decrease performance, but it does increase performance a bit by 1%, so it's not a big deal

(Particles) (OFF)
turn this down it does decrease performance if you turn this all the way up this Particles is for PostProcessing fx such as spells lighting dust particles glow particles etc. even mounts that have fx particles or housing items that have animations

(Jewel Effects) (OFF)
this option is pointless to be honest not sure why they added this in instead of Vsync like other MMORPG games have, but Jewel effects are for the pet that has a unique jewel such as rare jewels we can't get but some can you might see this from people who have rare jewels that their pet glows I seen it once but other than that nothing else this option is pointless to people who don't have these special jewels that others have

Classic Mode (ON)
I know people want to see the new graphics instead of the old graphics, but this does decrease performance a lot turning on the classic mode will increase your fps turning this off however will decrease your fps plus less stuttering

oh btw don't use bloom just turn your brightness up and your good bloom is way too bright they need to look into it I know they are trying to make bloom more like an anime color filter, but this bloom is a bit dark and way to much contrast plus the bloom threshold is blurry a bit I do play on high-end gaming computer which I do get about 144 fps, and all my settings are set to performance it plays BF4 and BF1/BFV without any stuttering, so I'm guessing its KIs game engine for wiz they should optimization the game to see what's causing the stuttering i asked so many players in wiz, and they said they do get some stuttering and texture glitches

Administrator
apache475 on Jan 12, 2020 wrote:
I wanted the know whats the causes of these small micro stutters.

When you open your backpack or spellbook, either one of them, there is an fps drop problem. I used MSI afterburner to monitor the fps.

in wizard101 I test this on a regular work computer, and high-end gaming computer its seem both have the same problem even when I'm playing on the lowest settings wizard101 has to offer it still stutters when you're joining another realm such as crowded realms in the commons the fps drop very very low I found out that using and turning off these settings boost performance a bit and causes your fps to drop

(Texture Detail) (LOW)
Using High, you don't see the difference much so Recommend using LOW

(Smoothing) (OFF)
This is pretty much the same as FXAA or Anti-aliasing which may cause you performance problems, but it does help to remove pixilated edges

(Shadows) (OFF)
Removes Shadows from your wizard and pets and NPC this option you can either leave it on or off it doesn't decrease performance, but it does increase performance a bit by 1%, so it's not a big deal

(Particles) (OFF)
turn this down it does decrease performance if you turn this all the way up this Particles is for PostProcessing fx such as spells lighting dust particles glow particles etc. even mounts that have fx particles or housing items that have animations

(Jewel Effects) (OFF)
this option is pointless to be honest not sure why they added this in instead of Vsync like other MMORPG games have, but Jewel effects are for the pet that has a unique jewel such as rare jewels we can't get but some can you might see this from people who have rare jewels that their pet glows I seen it once but other than that nothing else this option is pointless to people who don't have these special jewels that others have

Classic Mode (ON)
I know people want to see the new graphics instead of the old graphics, but this does decrease performance a lot turning on the classic mode will increase your fps turning this off however will decrease your fps plus less stuttering

oh btw don't use bloom just turn your brightness up and your good bloom is way too bright they need to look into it I know they are trying to make bloom more like an anime color filter, but this bloom is a bit dark and way to much contrast plus the bloom threshold is blurry a bit I do play on high-end gaming computer which I do get about 144 fps, and all my settings are set to performance it plays BF4 and BF1/BFV without any stuttering, so I'm guessing its KIs game engine for wiz they should optimization the game to see what's causing the stuttering i asked so many players in wiz, and they said they do get some stuttering and texture glitches
Hi apache475! Please contact our support team for account related concern. I'm sure we'll be able to help you out here to identify the cause of the stuttering:

https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game