Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scroll of Fortune

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Oran of Urz on Aug 6, 2019 wrote:
Yes, all idols can be harvested from the plants. I'm currently farming to get additional Ninja Pig idols to upgrade to another tier (they are extremely rare drops, because I assume the Fairy idols also come from Death seeds).

Additionally, there is no silver Ninja Pig idol. Gold just happens to be the color they gave Ninja Pig (Cyclops is pink, Krokomummy is purple, etc). Higher tiers require more idols (which again, are extremely hard to come buy), but the colors don't seem to play a factor.

I've exclusively been farming Death, Life and Balance seeds with the following results:

1x Ninja Pig idol (with an additional idol from Scroll of Fortune)

3x Cyclops idol (with a fourth from Beastmoon event)

1x Draconian idol
Really? I'd better give it a shot! (If I can, my Lunari is currently going towards unlocking the Cyclops...)

Survivor
May 30, 2009
to be honest i just love the beastmoon hunt but one of the downsides to some of the new events is the spiral showcase. one of the quests requires the highest world which is empyrea at the time and that is very unfair to low level wizards like me. also some feedback for the beastmoon hunt, maybe you should add schools to it like ! finnigan unicorndreamer level 63

Survivor
May 30, 2009
lightbringer311 on Aug 5, 2019 wrote:
Question: Why can't I get past 1000 points on the Scroll of Fortune rewards? I have 1400+ points now, but the rewards are stuck on Tier 4 and 1000 points. Is this a glitch?
my friend had the same issue so i am pretty sure yes finnigan unicorndreamer level 63

Survivor
Apr 17, 2017
A idea for a prize could be a chance to win a Peacock bird as a mount.

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
As seen earlier in this post by several other people, I think because there are so many different things to do while playing W101, I don't think KI can please all of its fan base with all of the items in a singular Scroll. That being said it might be wise to create multiple different Scrolls of Fortune that are tailored to the different playstyles and activities in the game. Points towards each Scroll could be earned through doing the activity related to that scroll. Scrolls specifically for pvp (arguably because pvp is a touchy thing), pet training, gardening, fishing, along with a generic scroll for questing would be a must. As for filling them with items and other goodies, that's up to KI but me hinks they could come up with something. At the same time it would be a good way of introducing new items and exilirs to players.

So for example say KI does this and, there's a pet specific Scroll of Fortune. Where you can earn the base items are already available in the game/crown shop (ie. Mega Snack Pack, plant seeds that can drop mega snacks as they grow, 1hr Pet XP Exilir, Pet Hatching Exilir, Pureu's Potion #9, energy exilir, etc...) just by doing pet training related things like raising pets, hatching pets, playing pet mini games, participating in the pet derby (would love to see more players in per derby, even if they are only there for the rewards from the Scroll). Then for items in the part of the scroll that require purchase make these items 'Scroll Exclusives' things that can only be obtained through the Scroll and nowhere else (these rewards could be new pets with great first generation talents, new exilirs for pet trainers maybe a reroll talent exilir that rerolls the last talent a pet earned, a 1 hr Triple Pet XP exilir, new mega snacks. etc...). This would make the Scroll more enticing to players and worth buying, and still even if you decide not to buy the scroll you still walk away with very useful items that players still covet. To prevent issues regarding fairness and to avoid a pay to win mechanic you could limit the amount of rewards that could be unlocked per day per scroll. Say you decide later to buy the scroll, no big deal keep the retroactive reward mechanic active. This approach to the Scroll would provide players a more customizable game experience and gives players more reason to come back and keep playing.

On top of this certain Scrolls could be bundled together in a kind of package, and points from either activities could contribute towards progression of either scroll OR another teir of exclusive rewards unlocked by doing both respective activities (this would be fair in my mind because you're already paying for two Scrolls verses one) for example bundling a Pet Scroll with a Gardening Scroll as those tend to go hand in hand for most players and provide exclusivr rewards geared towards both activities.

These are my thoughts and suggestions for the Scroll of Fortune.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
eriddlem on Aug 8, 2019 wrote:
to be honest i just love the beastmoon hunt but one of the downsides to some of the new events is the spiral showcase. one of the quests requires the highest world which is empyrea at the time and that is very unfair to low level wizards like me. also some feedback for the beastmoon hunt, maybe you should add schools to it like ! finnigan unicorndreamer level 63
Hi, is your name a riddle? Riddle me back(wards)!

Anyway, you have wrong info on "highest world". It is not Empyrea. It is the highest world of the particular wizard you are on.

But this can cause a problem still. My lvl 41 highest world right now is Wysteria.
Problem 1 -
Not many dungeons in WS.
Problem 2 -
No one was asking for help with WS the past few days.
Problem 3 -
I found out the reason for problem 2. It was because I had yet to start any dungeon. How was I to know

As for Spiral Showcase and Scroll of Fortune. These too have a problem.

I redeemed a reward for 3 tc from a pack. I got 2 of the 3 tc and a message from Harold Argleston saying I have too many tc. I lost my reward that I worked hard earning points for.

I sent the information to Customer Support who told me they will not give me my reward. I then suggested they give us a warning if a reward will be lost upon redeeming. They told me they don't take suggestions and guided me to post here. Ugh.

Now I have questions concerning all of the other rewards. I know the answer to crowns rewards, those are never lost even if our backpack and bank are both full. That is real good. But many of us wizards have near-full inventories. I am now hesitant to redeem my rewards because I don't want my backpack filling up with rewards I will want to save. I want to fill up my backpack before redeeming anything but do not want to lose any reward.

Another problem is - not being able to see what a reward is once after we get the points for it. Not everyone can remember what they are. I think a way to improve this is to not have the reward go into our inventory upon the first click to redeem it. Give us a quick message reminding us what the reward is and a choice to redeem now. Furthermore, if our inventory would be over the amount allowed if we click to redeem, then you have to give us a warning or just make it like buying packs that don't allow the purchase or opening of them if it would take us over the limit.

Sparck, Vanessa Mythdust, can someone please answer my concerns in this post, and also let us know about every single reward in all the Events, if we do not have inventory room then will we lose our hard-earned reward?

Thank you :D

PS: Oh yea, having to pay for rewards for each wizard... that's no good. Please also answer the poster above wanting to know if we have to buy the Scroll every season. I'd like to know that too. And will the reduced price of 7,500 crowns always be there?

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
So, has anyone got the Death Ninja Pig GOLD Idol as a drop from the plant?
I have had 17 regular Death Ninja Pig Idols from plants,
But none are GOLD.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I understand that the balance cyclops is only red and will unlock and upgrade the beast form. There is only one kind of cyclops statue, compared to the ninja pig which has two: an orange/copper statue, (for regular tier upgrade/ lvl 5 unlock) and the GOLD statue to initially unlock the beast form. I have elder harvested at least 20 death seeds by now and have yet to receive a gold statue. I have only received the orange/copper pig statues.
It would seem you must get the gold one from the SOF if you want to play this beast form in the hunt.

Autumn WH

Survivor
Jan 10, 2015
What about the people who aren't as high a level and/or don't do PVP very much?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Is the Scroll of Fortune available across all accounts yet? I can easily envision a person wanting the rewards on all their Wizards, and finding the price reasonable. But if it's only available on a single account per purchase, then the price suddenly becomes outlandish and admittingly frustrating. Is the Scroll of fortune available across our entire account, or are there plans to do this soon?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Nordic Champion on Aug 15, 2019 wrote:
I understand that the balance cyclops is only red and will unlock and upgrade the beast form. There is only one kind of cyclops statue, compared to the ninja pig which has two: an orange/copper statue, (for regular tier upgrade/ lvl 5 unlock) and the GOLD statue to initially unlock the beast form. I have elder harvested at least 20 death seeds by now and have yet to receive a gold statue. I have only received the orange/copper pig statues.
It would seem you must get the gold one from the SOF if you want to play this beast form in the hunt.

Autumn WH
That's what I'm understanding now, as well. Initially, I thought the colors didn't mean anything (and still don't for the other forms), but Ninja Pig does have an actual special idol of "gold" that seems only available in Scroll of Fortune. Looking at all the Ninja Pigs I collected in my inventory from gardening were simply just "Ninja Pig idol". The gold one I received must have come from me redeeming Scroll of Fortune, without realizing it (since both Ninja Pig idols are offered as rewards in SoF).

I do find it odd that the "gold idol" is not discussed on the update notes, KI developer vlog, etc. There is absolutely no official information on this aspect of Beastmoon that I could find.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Can someone please answer,

Which rewards do we lose if we do not have the inventory space when we click to redeem?

@Sparck, Can you please make the game give us a warning if we will not receive our reward!?

I am waiting on a lot of rewards that I will not redeem because I am low on inventory space and I do not want to lose any more items. I already lost 1 tc that I earned! And Customer Support response was a basic, 'too bad, so sad'.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
stemogstel on Aug 21, 2019 wrote:
Can someone please answer,

Which rewards do we lose if we do not have the inventory space when we click to redeem?

@Sparck, Can you please make the game give us a warning if we will not receive our reward!?

I am waiting on a lot of rewards that I will not redeem because I am low on inventory space and I do not want to lose any more items. I already lost 1 tc that I earned! And Customer Support response was a basic, 'too bad, so sad'.
Unless the item is marked with a Crowns symbol, it will automatically get trashed. This happened to me regarding the new Scroll of Fortune jewel (the one with may cast tower shield). It wasn't marked as a Crowns item (even though you can only obtain it from Crowns) and my jewel inventory become full when I redeemed one of the SoF rewards prior (a pack that contained some random jewels).

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Has anyone else noticed the Scroll of Fortune's new fourth page? It has a single item in it: A picture furniture item that appears to be limited-time to this event. It's available one point after the last item on the list, and is labeled simple as "Fall Scroll of Fortune Season 1." I look forward to getting it!

Defender
May 31, 2009
I’ve seen this question a few times on this thread and would love an “official” answer. I see we’re going for the FALL scroll - I assume there will be one for each season. But if I get the FALL scroll, will it be good for NEXT Fall as well? And the next Fall? Or is this not so much a FALL Scroll as a Fall 2019 Scroll? A bit of clarity would be greatly appreciated

Casp

Also, props to getting a Derby mention in this thread. Yes, more Derby stuff!!

Survivor
Jun 28, 2013
Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
Did anyone else believe that getting to the final prize in the scroll of fortune would actually be a scroll of fortune from the way it was labeled? All six wizards in my family (on my account) are on pace to reach that reward. Being the eldest I of course made sure I was the first imagine my disappointment when I clicked on this reward and all the locks on the board did not open. I received the wall hanging pictured cool as a collectible yes but not what I expected. We are a low income family who have always relied on prepaid cards as membership fees could possibly overdraw us on certain months and want to continue to play(in areas bought with crowns from the bundles) and have always appreciated that king's isle has designed a system that much of the best gear comes from farming of course that are some that must be bought.
That is what made me believe that the end prize was the scroll the way it was labeled. Let me be clear I got exactly what was pictured not trying to claim false advertising just please be careful about labeling in the future. I brought this up through support and was encouraged to post it here

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Daniel Windheart on Oct 10, 2019 wrote:
Did anyone else believe that getting to the final prize in the scroll of fortune would actually be a scroll of fortune from the way it was labeled? All six wizards in my family (on my account) are on pace to reach that reward. Being the eldest I of course made sure I was the first imagine my disappointment when I clicked on this reward and all the locks on the board did not open. I received the wall hanging pictured cool as a collectible yes but not what I expected. We are a low income family who have always relied on prepaid cards as membership fees could possibly overdraw us on certain months and want to continue to play(in areas bought with crowns from the bundles) and have always appreciated that king's isle has designed a system that much of the best gear comes from farming of course that are some that must be bought.
That is what made me believe that the end prize was the scroll the way it was labeled. Let me be clear I got exactly what was pictured not trying to claim false advertising just please be careful about labeling in the future. I brought this up through support and was encouraged to post it here
Hi Daniel,

I think you mean, why didn't you get all of the locked prizes when you reached the end, right?
If that is not what you meant, let me know.
The Scroll is there just to award even more prizes to each wizard whether they purchase the scroll or not.
Wizards earn points for each qualifying Event, while also accumulating points on the Fall SOF for more prizes.

It sounds like you did not purchase the scroll at 15,000 crowns for the non-member price. It is a lot of crowns!
If you did not purchase the scroll, you would not receive any of the locked prizes whether you are on Tier 2 or Tier 10. You would only get "all the locks on the board" open if you bought the scroll for that wizard.

Hope this helps to explain it.

Autumn WH

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Survivor
Apr 26, 2014
I love love love the beastmoon hunt and the scroll of fortune idea! I understand the concept of not making it free for each account but perhaps you could make it so that if you buy one then you could carry it through your wizards on that account. For example one calendar of rewards per account and no matter which wizard was playing on that account the points would continue to accrue. The rewards could be claimed on whichever wizard wanted to click on it.

As far as rewards go...love the idea of items that have only been craftable or bought with crowns..such as the personalized signs to place by your teleporters...or even the teleporters! The elixirs are great! Now that there are no double seed rewards...maybe a reward for crowns plants? Also an ultimate gift I would love to see is developing a 'trade the talent' elixir that would allow you to trade one of your failed pet talents for others in his/her pool!! The gold is ok and I love that the you added the pet jewel this time!

I do have an issue with the beastmoon hunt though in that sometimes you get kicked out due to a loss in connection and you are not able to rejoin, so that is definitely something that should be fixed! You know, do it like a dungeon that you could rejoin in the amount of minutes it takes to reboot! Also make it so you can see which beastmoon forms are going to be unavailable until unlocked in the hunt and let us know how to find the coveted gold idols, I know the regular idols come from plant drops...I have many of the mummy idols but none that unlock it! EEK! I leveled him up to 5, joined the hunt and could not use my ice mummy!

Thank you for the wonderful events though! Having a wonderful time!!

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
TL;DR Posting for the devs about my first time Scroll experience, exhausting & insulting experience with support for a resolution and what I like do about and offering some improvement suggestions to the Scroll.

Scroll Purchase:

I had an unfortunate(ironic) first Scroll of Fortune experience and had no idea that this would not be an account wide unlock and that the purchase would be per character only as it's not stated anywhere at the time of purchase in the popup or in the Scroll help info, infact there is really extremely little info about the Scroll when purchasing. I am really very extremely disappointed that my purchase of the Scroll having been placed on my Life wizard meant that I'm precluded to have certain items that I wished to have only for my Ice wiz(both Snow emotes & Winter teleport effect). Had this been made clear at the time of purchase in the popup for the Scroll that it was a per character unlock only, I would have made it on my Ice wiz instead. KI puts warning popups for much lesser items in the game asking if we are sure we want to claim a purchased item(s) on a wizard, so I don't understand why a bigger purchase like this doesn't come with this critical info when purchasing. I would have made a different purchasing decision had this important information been present and is a huge ball drop on the part of the team to not have this critical info posted at the time of purchase and in the Scroll help info.

I wanted both of the Snow emotes and Winter teleport effect for my Ice wizard and I discovered that cant happen since those are not made available account wide when claiming and are not an actual item I can transfer to my Ice wizard. I don't understand why the Scroll is not an account wide unlock just claiming the items once per character of choice.

Critical Purchase Information Update Needed:

KI needs to update the Scroll purchase popup AND the Scroll help info with a warning that this will be a PER CHARACTER ONLY purchase and wont be account wide so other players are not burned by this.

Scroll Suggestions & Improvements:

Despite this personally horrific experience(one that I suspect I am not alone in experiencing), in concept I really do like the Scroll of Fortune and would love to see it evolve and develop and would also be a great platform for throwback & new full stitch armor and weapon sets, mount, and pet introductions at latter end tiers. In other words, it would be great if it followed a similar format as say Dauntless' Hunt Pass which has a similar core format as the Scroll offering both basic tier and premium tier items, but the premium tiers could be buffed up a little in terms of having those be the full stitch set pieces, pets, mounts, etc. at those higher/later/end tiers rather than so cluttered up with random materials and unappealing/unuseful packs(push these down to the lower premium tiers).The Winter hair and wand stitch are great and the emotes and teleport effects are great also, keep those types of things going.

Most importantly is my suggestion for usability & streamlining, in this whole debacle. I'd like to see the devs make the Scroll more flexible like I already touched on a bit. Make it so that we can claim an item(s) on any wiz character of choice limited to that one claim of each item as we do now but just on whichever wiz we want rather than just the wiz in which we purchased the Scroll only.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Winter Teleport Effect(final scroll reward)

I recently finished the Winter Scroll of Fortune and acquired the last reward, the Winter teleport effect. I am greatly disappointed by the very painfully apparent low effort that was placed into this teleport effect, it's actually quite shocking. Where is the visual beauty, glimmer, sparkle, the magic effects with the "ohhs and ahhs" wow effect we have come to expect from Wiz101 that is placed into these kinds of things?

The Problem:

This teleport effect looks like a lackluster clumpy clumsy cluster of dull, drab, boring, opaque thick blue crystal shaped rocks. Then there is the sound effect, it's so brutish and sluggish sounding like someone just hit a rock with a sledgehammer. The only redeeming thing about this teleport effect is that it has the exploding action, but that is also missing something in that action's visuals. It's very extremely uninspiring and very unsatisfying to use and just does not express Wintry or Magical at all in any form.

The Suggested solution:

I imagined that these ice crystals would be shaped a bit more like actual ice shard crystals, not thick, clunky, blunt faceted geode type crystals. It needs that translucence, shimmer, and opalescence coloring of the Borealis Icecrystal Artifact weapon(the weapon's ice crystal shards shapes would be pretty as well) from Polaris in the ice crystals with some light shine glinting effects as they emerge and as they explode.

It needs the emerging sfx of a light playful and magical wintry ice forming sound as it quickly grows into form and a combo of delicate and thick crackling sounds closer to breaking glass when it explodes(but not too harsh and grating on the ears), not as it is now like heavy blunt boulder pieces falling from a landslide. Something with magical sounding "dink" sounds as well when the ice crystals start to shatter and the thick glass-like breaking sound as it explodes into pieces.

It needs to have some light shimmery magical ice glinting sparkle of a brief airy, gossamer, diaphanous ice dust plume from that explosion, like it's glinting diamond dust that quickly dissipates as it falls. And, then the small broken ice shard pieces that fall to the ground glinting along with sounds of hitting the ground with something less brutish sounding(like I mentioned above).

The timing on the post explosion plume at the explosion lingering very briefly and the quickly fading dissipation of the plume downward would come to it's full conclusion along with the ending movements of the remnant small ice shard pieces with their very quick brief rocking "to and fro" as it completes. The small ice shard pieces will have hit the ground before the plume began dissipating as those would be heavier. Of course all of this would be timed to flow together within the full teleport animation time effect's coming and going.

Please overhaul this teleport effect, this just does not say premium teleport effect at all... I very much would love to use it, but I don't even want to use it as it is, very disappointing.

Gabriel Jadeheart/Frostheart

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
When you buy the scroll is it good for the whole account or just the wizard you buy it on... even with premium membership 7500 crowns for one wizard is way too much...

Survivor
Jan 02, 2020
So I purchased the Winter Scroll of Fortune. But it didn't unlock any of the rewards. Is this a glitch? I've emailed support, but they seem to be ignoring me. I'm really frustrated since I soemt 7,500 crowns to not get any of the rewards.

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Professor Falmea on Jul 19, 2019 wrote:
Hello Wizards! I wanted to swing by and chat about the Scroll of Fortune. We’re really excited about this Summer Update, and it seems like y’all are as well. We’ve been voraciously consuming all of the feedback out there about everything on Test Realm, and most of it seems to be rather positive, which we love! However, we’ve seen some mixed reviews on the Scroll of Fortune, and I wanted to talk with you about what it is, what it isn’t, and provide a centralized place for rewards discussion.

First of all, I wanted to clear up two things I’ve been hearing all over the interwebs:
  1. This is not replacing member benefits. We plan to continue to run those as normal.
  2. The 50% discount is not just for Test Realm. It’s a 50% discount for members, and while prices are subject to change (as is anything and everything on Test Realm), we still plan to make the price reduced for members on Live.

So, what is a Scroll of Fortune?

If you play the Events and earn points, you’ll earn FREE rewards on top of all the other rewards those activities and Events are giving you. If you want to earn EVEN MORE rewards, you can purchase the Scroll of Fortune and unlock the premium rewards. You don’t even have to decide right away. If you play the game regularly and rack up a lot of points on the Scroll of Fortune, you can purchase it later (before the season is over) and retroactively collect all the rewards you unlocked.

Overall, the Scroll of Fortune has about 10x as many rewards as if you bought them all from the Crown Shop, and a few exclusive items you can’t get anywhere else. Keep in mind, we’re not going to spill EVERY SINGLE COOL THING on Test Realm. There’s probably one or two things we have up our sleeves as a surprise for Live.

What ISN’T a Scroll of Fortune?

A pay to win system. We’ve gotten some comments that the rewards are lackluster. Honestly, I’m relieved to hear that as a starting point, because I believe with some changes, we can make them worthwhile without them being the only way to be powerful. We are committed to make sure that the premium rewards on the Scroll of Fortune are great, but they’re totally optional.

Now that we’ve shared our intentions and hopefully cleared up some things, we want to hear from you!

The MOST ESSENTIAL question I have for you now is this – what rewards on the Scroll of Fortune do you think could be better, and what would you like to see instead? Since I seem to like numbered lists in this post, I have two things for you to keep in mind:

1. We have a certain VALUE target for the price of the Scroll – about 10x the value of the items in the pass – either their price in the Crown Shop, or what we would price them in the Crown Shop if they were for sale. While I totally understand that you’d be more interested in a permanent mount instead of a Major Fishing Elixir in a certain reward slot, the values of these two items are drastically different (to the tune about of 20x the value), so that probably isn’t something we can do. However, we could switch out that elixir for one with broader appeal, like an XP elixir.
  2. We have many different types of Wizards in the Spiral. While we could switch out that fishing elixir, someone who’s more interested in fishing than questing might disagree with that choice. A Monstrology enthusiast might want a Monstrodome more than anything else. A Wizard just starting out (or someone doing their 20th Deckathlon run) may be hurting for gold and really appreciate hitting those reward tiers. We want to balance these rewards to be appealing for many types of Wizards.
So, without further ado, let’s open this up to your comments and feedback. We’ve been scouring the internet and already have some great ideas for changes, thank you to the community for that, but if you reply here, you can be guaranteed that the team will read and review it.
I wish to ask, how do you earn he points for them? At first, for me, using treasure cards worked but then that stopped... Treasure cards for me no longer give me points. I know doing the daily assignments also earn you 20 event points...What else lets you earn points?