Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Everything was good until the fire nation attacked

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Why is fire allowed allowed to have almost broken tool for pvp, while schools like death consistently receive nerfs? Spells like fire beetle, ffa, hephateus, efreet and rampage make fire completely untouchable( Especially from first). For the last couple of metas first has been given the benefit of the doubt.

Example:
  • How is it fair that fire is allowed to have a pet like scaryonette? This pet has 9 cards. 3 fire traps, 3 fuels and 3 fire beetles? This needs to be nerfed
  • Why does fire beetle have 3 traps that are 35% and 2 pips? While Life and death scarabs are only 25% and 30% 1 trap.
  • Why isn't efreet nerfed? This card does more than most cards and gives a crippling 90%. This spell is even worst than bad juju when you think about.
  • Burning rampage dominates all level bases of pvp. This spell is completely uncounterable. Even if you prediction this spell you are still going to take a open hit from even attempting to remove it. Not to mention this spell does more than stormzilla.
  • Fire has a Treasure called ashen bones which is more effective than a fully epic enchanted skeletal dragon. But i mean why use it when you got rampage which is less pips and even more effective
  • Magma colossus. It doesn't break the game but why does it have to universal 40% shield?

Fire seems to be to be extremely favored while Life and death(Especially) are the black sheeps of the 7 schools. Please do something about this "even though" I know i'm not the first nor will i be the last to stress this topic. Thank You

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
As it is, it is impossible to beat a skilled fire wizard from second. Fire has too good of spells, no weaknesses really. Fire beetle is an illogical spell as it is 2 pips and does what fuel does except it is a stronger fuel AND it hits as well. Something should be done about fire beetle such as adding one more pip to it, because fire beetle makes it impossible to shield vs a fire if your second.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
"Everything was good until the fire nation attacked"

LOL. Classic

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I love that show.

Element schools can hit very hard there's no getting around that. But they have to trade damage for resist like everybody does. I have had good luck boosting my resist against element schools. Then pack set Shields for the schools I'm vulnerable to do.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
wakaflame201 on Jun 20, 2019 wrote:
Why is fire allowed allowed to have almost broken tool for pvp, while schools like death consistently receive nerfs? Spells like fire beetle, ffa, hephateus, efreet and rampage make fire completely untouchable( Especially from first). For the last couple of metas first has been given the benefit of the doubt.

Example:
  • How is it fair that fire is allowed to have a pet like scaryonette? This pet has 9 cards. 3 fire traps, 3 fuels and 3 fire beetles? This needs to be nerfed
  • Why does fire beetle have 3 traps that are 35% and 2 pips? While Life and death scarabs are only 25% and 30% 1 trap.
  • Why isn't efreet nerfed? This card does more than most cards and gives a crippling 90%. This spell is even worst than bad juju when you think about.
  • Burning rampage dominates all level bases of pvp. This spell is completely uncounterable. Even if you prediction this spell you are still going to take a open hit from even attempting to remove it. Not to mention this spell does more than stormzilla.
  • Fire has a Treasure called ashen bones which is more effective than a fully epic enchanted skeletal dragon. But i mean why use it when you got rampage which is less pips and even more effective
  • Magma colossus. It doesn't break the game but why does it have to universal 40% shield?

Fire seems to be to be extremely favored while Life and death(Especially) are the black sheeps of the 7 schools. Please do something about this "even though" I know i'm not the first nor will i be the last to stress this topic. Thank You
In my Honest opinion I believe nerfing Efreet and hot fixing burning rampage into a 3 round Dot would put fire on a semi cool down. This would force fires into playing defensive and not being able to prevent their opponents from setting up because their not balance schools. Almost many fire i face use Efreet when they realize their opponents is about to defeat them because they played so careless. I've already explain how trouble some this card is and its in fact more broken than juju at 895(1000+) enchanted for only 4 power pips(8pips) is essentially game broken.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This thread title is hilarious!

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Star Edward on Jun 23, 2019 wrote:
This thread title is hilarious!

But its the truth though? lol Fire has way to many power spikes in their kit that makes them nearly unstoppable.
Fire beetle-Burning rampage-Efreet- Fire colossus(-40% shield effect), That iron Goldem card that gives -70% shield to storm and ice.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2013
I dunno all this hatred towards fire makes sense but still seems silly. I mean isn't it just hard to beat any skilled wizard from first on a strong school like balance fire or ice? Sure these schools are very strong but it seems like a much more fundamental problem then simple bandaid fixes that are being requested. I'm not saying some things said aren't true but I think The turn system just provides too much power for the first player and its really abusable on those 3 schools.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2013
Also why does no one harp on the fact that Ice's deal storm damage while having the most hp in the game with a 35-45 bubble and also one of the best spells in the game (Weaver) and that balances can prevent you from gaining pips, star spelling, having a reliable hit and heal(Lore and Availing (Crit)) while also having a hard double hit (Gaze) that provides a damage aura afterwards. I'm just confused as to why Fire is the only school that receives this much hate.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
king140506 on Jun 27, 2019 wrote:
Also why does no one harp on the fact that Ice's deal storm damage while having the most hp in the game with a 35-45 bubble and also one of the best spells in the game (Weaver) and that balances can prevent you from gaining pips, star spelling, having a reliable hit and heal(Lore and Availing (Crit)) while also having a hard double hit (Gaze) that provides a damage aura afterwards. I'm just confused as to why Fire is the only school that receives this much hate.
Thank You! for bringing up that ice fact even with fire also. Yes its true that those 3 S tier schools are still in the top followed by life. Fire is receiving most of the attention right now due to it being the most dangerous in power spike.
Fire now has more damage and utility than storm which not only makes it busted but nearly 9/10 games you should be able to dominate with fire now with ez. A major factor that can contribute to this is the fire beetle- efreet strategy or pretty much fire beetle into anything at this point esp with you have shrike up already. This puts fire in a favorable play safe mode which to be honest schools like storm death and myth lacks.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Fire school is completely broken and idk how you're trying to justify it. You're comparing one ice spell to like a numerous broken fire tools which efreet is still greater than weaver. Ice only has this spike with bubble control and a shadow. Fire can perform feats greater than storm without shadows and with them. Even though i dont agree with the supernova spell you still have the option to not use a aura which makes it useless.

Fire beetles are stackable and remove shields and adds 3 35%. Then you got efreet that hits insanely hard and puts on a 90%? Why can it be like balance king with a 40%?

Rampage is legit uncounterable because even if you take it off you're still open to mass damage.

This not hate for fire but rather a problem that needs to be addressed and corrected. Any player that pvps at high level knows fire is the most problematic school with exception of angel life players, which most lifes play like this because their pass released spells has been horrible.(Fate, scion and sacred charge).

Another fun fact: At high level/rank pvp notice how there are declines on almost every school which there has been a increase in fires. Why do you think this happened?

Schools like death that basically had nothing to compete with got nerfed(Beguile,drains,bad juju,animate,lulu,monster tc and darkmoor gear)on numerous occasion which the only things fires has received were buffs.(fire elf, brim, raging bull, scaryonette pet and etc)

btw I said darkmoor gear was a nerf because balance and death always mirrored in stats with the exception of health in the dungeon/dropped sets. Now balance basically dominate them in every stat but critical and pips.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
angellifeheart on Jun 21, 2019 wrote:
In my Honest opinion I believe nerfing Efreet and hot fixing burning rampage into a 3 round Dot would put fire on a semi cool down. This would force fires into playing defensive and not being able to prevent their opponents from setting up because their not balance schools. Almost many fire i face use Efreet when they realize their opponents is about to defeat them because they played so careless. I've already explain how trouble some this card is and its in fact more broken than juju at 895(1000+) enchanted for only 4 power pips(8pips) is essentially game broken.
I completely agree with you dude

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Fire has so many overpowered spells, fire beetle makes it impossible to shield vs a fire from second as if you do they will just break them and buff up their next hit. Efreet is crazy over powered, the -90% weakness that can't be pierced unlike ices weaver shield only 75% makes ice the defensive schools hit and defense spell look like a child's toy. Burning rampage offers so many combo options and is impossible to counter from second, even from first it forces someone to chose to triage the rampage and take an open hit like ffa or efreet or shield the ffa or efreet and take the rampage damage by not using triage. Fire also is favored in stats, they get the most damage while not suffering from the lowest health, they get the most benefit from wands and boots where as other schools get weaker versions of the stats that they get on their gear. If you take a look at the crafted wand fire gets 22 damage and 5 pierce on a wand while life and ice get 17 damage and a weak 3 pierce without any other stats to compensate for the loss in stats. Also the nimbari boots that people use in pvp allow fire to get the best end of the stat deal as well. Fire gets 35 damage and 12 resist on boots while ice gets 29 damage and 12 resist and the same other stats. Storm and myth get 11 resist and 32 damage, less resist and damage then fire. Fire has insane damage and can use a ward pet while still keeping 130 damage. Thats more damage then schools like life and ice and balance can get when they use a full damage pet.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2011
I absolutely agree, fire is the most powerful school in max pvp. The only school that is able to counter it somewhat is balance because they can mana burn them and disallow them from efreet into ffa comboing you. Fire beetle is really busted indeed and when it's stacked with fuel too but with dark scaryonette fuel and beetlle too you have technicaally quadruple trap stacked. .But that's too extra as one fire beetle triple trap is enough to oneshot especially under shrike. I think the only problem with scaryonette is that it gives 3 fire beetles in the main deck of the fire which is extremely helpful since they can always pull it by discarding and they don't have to bother drawing tcs iin order to pull it. That makes it way harder to fail deck and they can always set up their combos on time. But I think that the true problem with fire in max pvp is EFREET. This spell has absolutely 0 counterplay. You have to waste a round taking off the -90 weakness leaving an open shot for the fire no matter what let alone taking 3k+ dmg from the efreet alone. So if you face that from second it's almost guaranteed you've lost.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
blizzard092 on Jul 1, 2019 wrote:
I absolutely agree, fire is the most powerful school in max pvp. The only school that is able to counter it somewhat is balance because they can mana burn them and disallow them from efreet into ffa comboing you. Fire beetle is really busted indeed and when it's stacked with fuel too but with dark scaryonette fuel and beetlle too you have technicaally quadruple trap stacked. .But that's too extra as one fire beetle triple trap is enough to oneshot especially under shrike. I think the only problem with scaryonette is that it gives 3 fire beetles in the main deck of the fire which is extremely helpful since they can always pull it by discarding and they don't have to bother drawing tcs iin order to pull it. That makes it way harder to fail deck and they can always set up their combos on time. But I think that the true problem with fire in max pvp is EFREET. This spell has absolutely 0 counterplay. You have to waste a round taking off the -90 weakness leaving an open shot for the fire no matter what let alone taking 3k+ dmg from the efreet alone. So if you face that from second it's almost guaranteed you've lost.
Thank you! As if its not so obvious already. Talk about storm being the hardest hitter low health school who doesn't have access to dot because they said its gonna be broken? but yet they contradict themselves by allowing fire to get this strong. Balance still have a hard time against fire if fire sets for balance in terms of ward pets i've seen it.
There is a try hard fire wizard warlord who is always in practice pvp who goes by the name of chase. He is the most
best fire pvp player ive come across in my matches because he knows what to do and when to do it. But the only thing that always save him from being destroyed is Efreet.