Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ongoing Game Issues - Playability!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2014
I'm experiencing ongoing difficulties with game play, and it seems many other players are too. Logging in takes many times two or three tries. Then it is as slow as molasses in January loading. Once logged in the screens take forever changing, IF they don't freeze and force you to exit the game and start over. Entering the world tree takes forever now. Questing extremely difficult because you can't half control the characters. Motion is jerky, glitchy, and subject to freezing. Getting caught and having to fight battles due to lack of control. The updates and special events all fine and dandy, but utterly useless if you can't play properly! The reason for this post is being kicked out for the third time, due to freezing screen not switching. I know it gets bumpy sometimes after a update, but this is utterly ridiculous! There has been plenty of time to work the bugs out, but the problems persist. Trying to play has become a exercise in frustration, rather than a pleasure! I see fewer and fewer friends logging in each day, same story, frustration with the game.So when can we expect the game to work properly again?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Eightball88 on May 24, 2019 wrote:
I'm experiencing ongoing difficulties with game play, and it seems many other players are too. Logging in takes many times two or three tries. Then it is as slow as molasses in January loading. Once logged in the screens take forever changing, IF they don't freeze and force you to exit the game and start over. Entering the world tree takes forever now. Questing extremely difficult because you can't half control the characters. Motion is jerky, glitchy, and subject to freezing. Getting caught and having to fight battles due to lack of control. The updates and special events all fine and dandy, but utterly useless if you can't play properly! The reason for this post is being kicked out for the third time, due to freezing screen not switching. I know it gets bumpy sometimes after a update, but this is utterly ridiculous! There has been plenty of time to work the bugs out, but the problems persist. Trying to play has become a exercise in frustration, rather than a pleasure! I see fewer and fewer friends logging in each day, same story, frustration with the game.So when can we expect the game to work properly again?
I have been experiencing the same issues.

Additionally, I also have an account on the Steam version. If you attempt to buy a zone, the game will get stuck on the loading screen, attempting but never actually bringing up the box to make the purchase. I can hear all the music and sound effects, but can't do anything because of the loading screen. Restarting the game will temporarily allow the purchase of the zone, but the issue does come back. I noticed this bug as the same time as the server stability issues you are mentioning above.

BTW, I don't think the multiple attempts to login problem will ever go away. It has been that way ever since the new launcher was introduced (which has been months now). I don't think KI is working a fix for that (since it has been so long now).

Survivor
Sep 01, 2013
Eightball88 on May 24, 2019 wrote:
This needs to be noticed for sure. The functionability of the game is on a decline. I have no idea what's causing the launcher issues where even typing in my info correctly still doesn't take it but, the gameplay glitches are really bad too.

Survivor
May 14, 2015
Sadly, I have noticed a drop in the games overall performance, too.

- The game tends to hang on loading screens, forcing me to restart the game.
- The game LAGS LIKE CRAZY, often resulting in loading zones not working. I've actually glitched out of bounds multiple times because of this.

- Sometimes, players and objects in heavily populated areas, such as the PVP Lobby, take up to 20-30 seconds to load in.

Something is definitely not right with the game. I recently upgraded my PC to double it's RAM and gave it a stronger processor, and the game handled FLAWLESSLY before that point, so I know it isn't my PC or my internet that's having the trouble here, when everything else I do works like a charm and a half.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
I too am very sad about what has happened to game play. For example WarfRat Brigand f2237540 has been loading for over half an hour and is still at 0%. I've turned off Quest Helper, reinstalled, changed to new computer. It takes many tries to even teleport home. World Gate is now my portal to game freeze. No access to Crown Shop in a battle and can't even buy a pack in the Crown Shop. I have loved playing this fabulous game for ten years but I feel this is an ending.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I've also been experiencing issues like this. Loading takes ages, the game lags like crazy, and it's generally unplayable at times. I wish we'd get a statement on what's been going on with the game.