Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quick question about the new pet kiosk thingy,

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 21, 2019
okay, I’m fairly new to this game, haven’t played since like 2015. But I’ve always wanted a mythical basilisk, or even a forest basilisk, any basilisk except the hydra one. So when I found out about the pet kiosk thingy I got super hyped, so not knowing anything about what I was doing I thought that when you hit pet type or whatever it’s called, it gives you a bunch of people with basilisks to breed with. They’re all super expensive but I have the money to spend crown on with gold and such. Will I get the Basilisk or do I have this Pet Kiosk thing all messed up?

Explorer
Jul 20, 2018
The Hatchmaking Kiosk is exactly what you think it is: a place where you can get the pet you want without needing a meetup scheduled in-game. Just like with regular hatching, you will either get your pet body or the other person's pet body (with hybrid bodies appearing where possible). This has made getting the perfect pet easier than ever before and will be a useful tool towards getting your Basilisk.

BTW, if you have any more questions about, pets, hatching, or anything of that sort, ask Victoria FireHeart (she may have responded by now). She's our unofficial Hatchmaster and will help you to the best of her ability.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Hi and welcome to the forum and community!

There are so many things to share with new wizards and players who are new to hatching that I don't really know where to start or what would be most useful to you without over-loading you with information!

Hatching with pets in the kiosk works almost exactly the same as on the sigils inside the Hatchery. Same as inside on the sigils, we get a chance of getting a pet that looks like ours, theirs or ocassionally a completely different appearance known as a hybrid. If you want the appearance (body-type) of their pet be prepared to hatch several times before you get it. It's possible to get it first try, but not unusual to have to try a few times...please don't be disappointed or feel 'unlucky' if you don't get it straight away.

There are a few key areas of each pet:
Body type - what it looks like
Stats - the numbers next to strength, intellect, agility, will and power
Talents - the list of 10 potential talents shown as common, uncommon, rare, ultra-rare and epic.

The body might look the same as your pet but the stats and talents will have changed...it is very rare to get an identical pet to the one you used, especially when the pets have a lot of differences.

The mythical basilisk is available for gold only, it will not cost you crowns. It is a level 78 pet quest reward for myth school wizards and I think it can only be equipped by myth wizards. The hybrids from it can be equipped by anyone.

Gold is the in game currency and is easy to obtain. IDK what your sentence about crowns and gold meant but please don't buy gold for crowns - it's like trading a luxoury yacht for a pedal boat!

If you want more info on hatching, pets, getting gold, snacks, gardening, fishing, pet training etc just let us know...ask any questions you have because we're happy to help! Welcome to the forum and happy hatching!