Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Steam Future

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2016
I recently got back into Wizard101 after a couple of years and I read that they (finally) put the game on Steam. I have a couple of ideas that could boost Wiz on that platform and get more players.

1. This is probably in the works, but let existing wizards convert to the Steam Platform.

2. Create a Steam Starter Pack consisting of a permanent mount (not one that you can get for gold in the crown shop), 1250 or 2500 crowns, 10,000-15,000 gold, a full gear set (could be Elven Attire w/heartsteel).

3. Make Wizard City (including Firecat Alley & Cyclops Lane) free for play. Let players determine if they like Wizard101 and the gamestyle by playing the first 15-20 levels.

Reply with any recommendations and I'll keep adding, or deducting, if necessary.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2018
Tyler the Dreamer on Nov 14, 2018 wrote:
I recently got back into Wizard101 after a couple of years and I read that they (finally) put the game on Steam. I have a couple of ideas that could boost Wiz on that platform and get more players.

1. This is probably in the works, but let existing wizards convert to the Steam Platform.

2. Create a Steam Starter Pack consisting of a permanent mount (not one that you can get for gold in the crown shop), 1250 or 2500 crowns, 10,000-15,000 gold, a full gear set (could be Elven Attire w/heartsteel).

3. Make Wizard City (including Firecat Alley & Cyclops Lane) free for play. Let players determine if they like Wizard101 and the gamestyle by playing the first 15-20 levels.

Reply with any recommendations and I'll keep adding, or deducting, if necessary.
Is actually not in the works, because apparently it's impossible. Also I believe the starter pack should contain A permanent mount, 2500 crowns and a month membership instead of gear for $15

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Tyler the Dreamer on Nov 14, 2018 wrote:

I might be missing something, so please educate me if I am misunderstanding the systems

I believe Steam takes a commission from every purchase, but paying directly gives KI 100% of the payment. So what is the benefit for KI having people paying through Steam instead of paying them directly? Why would they move players from direct payment to a system that takes a commission?

As I understand it, the value in adding it to Steam is advertising and allowing those players who use Steam for other games to avoid having Wiz as a separate account and download etc...getting a percentage of a purchase is better than getting no purchase. The more people playing and more ways to access the game is good for everyone.

I'm not sure why KI would encourage players who pay them directly to go through a middle-man.

Correct me on any pros/cons I'm not seeing and anything I'm misunderstanding please!

Survivor
Jul 29, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on Nov 15, 2018 wrote:
I might be missing something, so please educate me if I am misunderstanding the systems

I believe Steam takes a commission from every purchase, but paying directly gives KI 100% of the payment. So what is the benefit for KI having people paying through Steam instead of paying them directly? Why would they move players from direct payment to a system that takes a commission?

As I understand it, the value in adding it to Steam is advertising and allowing those players who use Steam for other games to avoid having Wiz as a separate account and download etc...getting a percentage of a purchase is better than getting no purchase. The more people playing and more ways to access the game is good for everyone.

I'm not sure why KI would encourage players who pay them directly to go through a middle-man.

Correct me on any pros/cons I'm not seeing and anything I'm misunderstanding please!
Using steam accounts allows players to use their steam wallet for in game purchases, so it's more of a win for the players instead of KI.