Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing Luck question

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I just trained a Dapper Corgi pet, and it manifested both Fishing Luck and Epic Fishing Luck. How come both fishing luck traits have the same value? I looked on Central and their page lists unconfirmed formulas at best. My pet's stats are:

232/232 Strength
222/222 Intelligence

236/236 Agility
251/251 Will
227/227 Power

Unless they're titled like that so they can stack abilities, it would seem that the Epic one, by it's name, should yield a higher result than the same 3% that the regular fishing luck ability yields. Obviously the ability scores could be better, but that shouldnt matter for the purpose of this questions.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
dayerider on Oct 26, 2018 wrote:
I just trained a Dapper Corgi pet, and it manifested both Fishing Luck and Epic Fishing Luck. How come both fishing luck traits have the same value? I looked on Central and their page lists unconfirmed formulas at best. My pet's stats are:

232/232 Strength
222/222 Intelligence

236/236 Agility
251/251 Will
227/227 Power

Unless they're titled like that so they can stack abilities, it would seem that the Epic one, by it's name, should yield a higher result than the same 3% that the regular fishing luck ability yields. Obviously the ability scores could be better, but that shouldnt matter for the purpose of this questions.
Percentages are rounded up or down. Your Fishing Luck ability shows as 3% because it is 2.9325% and has been rounded up. Your Epic Fishing Luck could actually be giving you as much as 4.9999% but as it is below 3.5 it will show as 3%.

Fishing Luck is calculated 2*Intellect + 2*Will + Power / 400

We don't have a formula for Epic Fishing Luck yet so it could be affected by different bars - if it is not affected by Will, but instead affected by Strength or Agility the stats are not comparable as your Will bar is significantly higher (251 as opposed to 232 for strength or 236 for agility).

I'm sorry I don't have exact calculations to explain it but I hope this helps show how it is possible for both talents to be showing at 3% even though one has the capacity to provide a higher percentage with different stats. Also with rounding you get the exact percentage when using the talent even though we see the rounded amount.

I hope this helps!