Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strange Occurrences In The Commons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2017
So I recently just started playing Wizard101 after a long hiatus from when I used to play as a kid. I went to the common whilst in a quest when I went to the Commons to discover several people dawned in black garb and bird skull masks. They all seemed to be modded accounts with maxed stats. They were all in a circle and spinning at the same time. I took an hour to investigate and here's what happened.

It seems the main person who gives information to those who show curiosity tells you to "seek your mask, then the next test will begin".

One person found a mask. They were then told to "seek the oath of the dragon below the blue bird".

They were found in the Wraith server at around 9 pm eastern time. They left with the message "we always return".

Considering I'm so new, I have no knowledge of where that play under a blue bird would be nor do I think I could get there. Does anyone with experience know where they may be talking about? Also, I'm aware this could be an elaborate troll or something stupid. I'm just interested in finding the truth.

Alsei

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
AlseiTree on Oct 21, 2018 wrote:
So I recently just started playing Wizard101 after a long hiatus from when I used to play as a kid. I went to the common whilst in a quest when I went to the Commons to discover several people dawned in black garb and bird skull masks. They all seemed to be modded accounts with maxed stats. They were all in a circle and spinning at the same time. I took an hour to investigate and here's what happened.

It seems the main person who gives information to those who show curiosity tells you to "seek your mask, then the next test will begin".

One person found a mask. They were then told to "seek the oath of the dragon below the blue bird".

They were found in the Wraith server at around 9 pm eastern time. They left with the message "we always return".

Considering I'm so new, I have no knowledge of where that play under a blue bird would be nor do I think I could get there. Does anyone with experience know where they may be talking about? Also, I'm aware this could be an elaborate troll or something stupid. I'm just interested in finding the truth.

Alsei
Probably a hoax/prank of some kind. If they don't have an exclamation mark over their heads, they aren't NPCs with a quest; also they wouldn't need to spin to keep on line.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2018
When I emailed customer support asking about this strange incident, their response to me was

"No this is not part of the game. These are just players being silly. Please disregard them."

If you'll recall, there were a few people who said they come back every Saturday. I googled some of their names and found that they have help videos for the game on youtube. Maybe this is simply a group of players offering a fun and unique help (with creepiness mixed in for the season) for some difficult parts of the game?

I'm curious to see if anybody else will come forward and put in their two cents :)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014

Alsei
Oh wow this is hilarious!

It sounds like a bunch of mischievous wizards using the Shadow Weaver transformation (from the end of the Nosferabbit dungeon) to have a little fun!

I must confess, a couple of Halloweens ago I was outside Nosferabbit, having got my shadow weaver transformation and when a wizard ran up to do the quest I said a bunch of silly things eg. 'Turn back! This is too dangerous!'. Much to my surprise, instead of laughing or calling out my silliness, they turned around and ran away!

I was laughing so much and before I knew it a bunch of other wizards who saw it JOINED in! Now there was a whole row of shadow weaver wizards across the sigil warning wizards the dungeon was dangerous and to turn back lol. There was much confusion for newer wizards and much laughter from them when they realised we were just being daft...older wizard were amused...or joined us lol.

Basically, I think what you saw was just innocent Halloween mischief and intended to cause laughter

PS. The Nosferabbit dungeon is just at the end of the Haunted Cave - left and over the bridge to Nightshade, right to the Nosferabbit dungeon. It's a cool dungeon and only here for Halloween. There will be tons of people farming it for animus as well as gardening TC etc so jump on in and join the party! You'll get access to some special transformations at a low, low price (75 gold??) and also get a cool Halloween pet (frankenbunny!).

Nightshade will also have lots of people farming for the bunny mount and cool costumes etc...jump on in and join the fun!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

Alsei
It sounds like role playing. Definitely, it is not a quest that you'd ever have to worry about. Some folks gather together to role play some imaginative story that makes sense to them but it's confusing to the rest of us. If you join in, maybe they'll explain more to you.

The "bird skull masks" you describe might be ones that drop from a rough battle at level 110. This link shows what the mask I'm thinking of looks like:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Dragonhorn_Helm_of_Balance#axzz5UdJ6Q7KO

There are also bird-like hats available in Celestia (level 50-58) and Marleybone (level 20-30). You might see them in the Bazaar if you look for hats at those levels.

The "oath of the dragon under the blue bird...?" That I don't know. If I were to guess, I'd say it might refer to Grandmother Raven (she's kind of blue colored). There is a dragon NPC called Nithogg that we have to get a tooth from in Wintertusk, and it is located below the tree where Grandmother Raven is sitting. You'd have to be level 50 or higher and finish Wintertusk/Grizzleheim in order to get to that dragon.

This is Grandmother Raven:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Grandmother_Raven#axzz5UdJ6Q7KO

There are birds in Azteca as well, and some are blue, but there aren't any dragons there. (Unless you consider a dinosaur to be a dragon!) I can't think of any other "blue birds" in the game off-hand, but maybe someone else can come up with something.

Hope that helps a little.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Oct 21, 2018 wrote:
Oh wow this is hilarious!

It sounds like a bunch of mischievous wizards using the Shadow Weaver transformation (from the end of the Nosferabbit dungeon) to have a little fun!

I must confess, a couple of Halloweens ago I was outside Nosferabbit, having got my shadow weaver transformation and when a wizard ran up to do the quest I said a bunch of silly things eg. 'Turn back! This is too dangerous!'. Much to my surprise, instead of laughing or calling out my silliness, they turned around and ran away!

I was laughing so much and before I knew it a bunch of other wizards who saw it JOINED in! Now there was a whole row of shadow weaver wizards across the sigil warning wizards the dungeon was dangerous and to turn back lol. There was much confusion for newer wizards and much laughter from them when they realised we were just being daft...older wizard were amused...or joined us lol.

Basically, I think what you saw was just innocent Halloween mischief and intended to cause laughter

PS. The Nosferabbit dungeon is just at the end of the Haunted Cave - left and over the bridge to Nightshade, right to the Nosferabbit dungeon. It's a cool dungeon and only here for Halloween. There will be tons of people farming it for animus as well as gardening TC etc so jump on in and join the party! You'll get access to some special transformations at a low, low price (75 gold??) and also get a cool Halloween pet (frankenbunny!).

Nightshade will also have lots of people farming for the bunny mount and cool costumes etc...jump on in and join the fun!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Don't forget, the player has to get the quest from Dworgyn if doing this for the first time.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
There is a blue ice bird, in the icy part of Ravenscar, Grizzleheim. He was also out of the way, in his own area of the glacial wastes (no sigil required), and I don't think any quests led to him, a hidden boss. Nice thought, if it's a riddle and scavenger hunt kind of thing.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2018
The mask that Alia posted does look like what they were wearing, except that the one in the picture has yellow/gold stripes that I didn't notice on theirs. Whatever and whoever they are, it's quite interesting .. too bad they're not willing to share any info with curious bystanders.