Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how to key bind/ map /use controller

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2016
Hello fello wizards...

intro
after some time browsing and researching i ran into a post about the idea of king isle implementing the use of keybinds however its been 10yrs in the making.. we have yet see this come to mobile/ cross platforms / being able to use a controller... theirs tons of amazing ideas ... im a social gamer as well a bit nerdy i have been able to use programs to allow the use of keybinds / use a controller inplace of my mouse and keyboard thus playing games like world of warcraft / diablo/ hearthstone/ perfect world internationals / basic mouse functions to replace my mouse /facebook games etc anything well almost anything thats utalises keyboard and mouse you can opt to use controller or keybinds to make things easier

(note) i will not list the links to any programs being used as we use google to reaserch and i prefer once reading this guide it will inspire you to do some research as these programs are offerd as free and is common knowledge to advant gamers

for controller support/use

Xpadder
the best program ive ever used was called Xpadder pretty much any usb controller plugged into your pc will now be able to access your mouse / keyboard to bind to your controller with the advanced funcon you can allow the use of multi key map on one button pretty nifty

for remapping keys/disabling them (keyboard only)

keytweak (advancedusers)

the best program that ive used when playing games that dont offer the ability to change what your key commands are .. is getting the software called keytweak this nifty program allows you to change the specific purpose of that key and swap it to another button or disable that key.. example say your a minecraft player and got used to opening your inventory with the key E and in wizard101 your having difficulties changing ...since the command to open inventory is b you can use this to change the functon of b to e however it is wise to change function back for when you chat (b) is (e) and (e) is (b) lol

what program should i get?

id suggest xpadder its easier to use easier to get and you wont mistake or forget that you remapped keys by use of keytweak this should be for advanced people with xpadder you tell your controller what in game function that button will use ..you have a 360 usb controller you know that the key b is for inventory and you have all these buttons on the controller you can set the (dpad, x,y,b,a, keys) triggers, and analogs to use the key b to open ur inventory simple less of hassle :3

my layout for 360/ps2+ controller

it changes time to time due to comfortablity and whats going on

escape key - use opens settings --- key bind on controller (start button)
wasd keys - use moveing around- key binds on controller (left analog stick
mouse pointer - right analog stick
mouse right and left click - the R2 L2 trigger buttons / x or a or b
arrow keys left-right ..in battle i use these on dpad to fast select my cards
(just a basic map example)

hope this sheds some lighting thanks :3