Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No lights of floor hatchery

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2018
Im kinda a new player to wizard 101 btw. I was going to hatch a pet with my friend. Im not sure what ive done wrong but when i go into the hatcher all lights on the floor(where a player would be able to press x and hatch) isnt lit up so im unable to press x. Im new so im probably making a noob mistake. Would anyone know why this is. Thanks to exeryone

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Midgitpoison28 on Jul 10, 2018 wrote:
Im kinda a new player to wizard 101 btw. I was going to hatch a pet with my friend. Im not sure what ive done wrong but when i go into the hatcher all lights on the floor(where a player would be able to press x and hatch) isnt lit up so im unable to press x. Im new so im probably making a noob mistake. Would anyone know why this is. Thanks to exeryone
The lights go out while our cool down timer is running. When we hatch the timer starts and we can't hatch again for 24 hours (12 if you have an active membership) unless we buy a Purreau Potion from the crown shop (do not mistake this for the 'Hatching Elixir'...that just hatches the eggs in your backpack so you don't have to wait for them to hatch naturally).

I expect your timer was running. It should have popped up on screen, showing how much longer the timer had to go before you could hatch. You can also check your timer by going into your book and selecting 'Character' then checking the tab that shows your Timers.

There is the possibility of a visual glitch that happens to me frequently. When I am in the hatchery waiting for the timer to end the sigils don't light up when it ends, they remain unlit unless I leave the area and reload it by coming back in...but if the timer has ended and I click X to go into a hatcher that is unlit it still lets me even though it hadn't lit up!

I bet you just had a timer running...you certainly didn't do anything wrong (there is nothing you could have done to cause them to be unlit when they should have been)

I hope this helps

Survivor
Jul 05, 2018
Doesnt matter i just needed to get my pet to adult

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Some possible reasons why the hatching sigils aren't working for you:

1) You're below level 8 in questing? (You need to be level 8 to access the pet pavilion.)

2) You don't have any adult pets? (Only pets trained to adult level or higher can be hatched.)

3) You've already hatched and the hatching timer is still counting down? (We can only hatch one time every 12 hours or so, unless we spend crowns to buy a hatching elixir.)

4) There's a bug that's causing this problem? (In other words, I don't know why it's not working for you. You might need to open up a ticket with KingsIsle support.)

That's all I can think of. Hopefully the issue is one of the first three, because you can do something about those.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Midgitpoison28 on Jul 11, 2018 wrote:
Doesnt matter i just needed to get my pet to adult
Yep that would do it too!

I hope you still got your hatch and it went well!

You might like to check out the hatching kiosk just outside the hatchery too, there are loads of pets available no matter when you visit it! It's especially good when we're just starting out because there are so many options!

Good luck and happy hatching!