Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Barkingham Palace took Four Hours + we're not done

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
After spending several fruitless hours trying to beat the boss Chief Whip in Barkingham Palace, I succumbed and decided to team up, hoping to find someone to carry me.
However, as a level 41 Wiz, we ended up having a team composed of myself, Cole, a level 40 wiz and Gavin, a level 48 wiz.
Needless to say, we had a lot of trouble with the bosses as he kept using cheats which was quite infuriating. I think, in total, we spent roughly nearly 4 hours trying to beat that one dungeon.
All I'm saying is, the pricing of Barkingham Palace should probably be revised (for rental, it's 495 crowns for 6 hours). Or are most of you members?
Either way, looking for some tips and tricks to beating them because it took WAY too long, but the rewards are pretty good. What's the recommended level for this dungeon in general? (The "you are about to enter a dungeon" warning said it would take 45 minutes but it obviously took way longer...)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Hannah Summerheart on Jul 5, 2018 wrote:
After spending several fruitless hours trying to beat the boss Chief Whip in Barkingham Palace, I succumbed and decided to team up, hoping to find someone to carry me.
However, as a level 41 Wiz, we ended up having a team composed of myself, Cole, a level 40 wiz and Gavin, a level 48 wiz.
Needless to say, we had a lot of trouble with the bosses as he kept using cheats which was quite infuriating. I think, in total, we spent roughly nearly 4 hours trying to beat that one dungeon.
All I'm saying is, the pricing of Barkingham Palace should probably be revised (for rental, it's 495 crowns for 6 hours). Or are most of you members?
Either way, looking for some tips and tricks to beating them because it took WAY too long, but the rewards are pretty good. What's the recommended level for this dungeon in general? (The "you are about to enter a dungeon" warning said it would take 45 minutes but it obviously took way longer...)
Oh wow that's so frustrating! I did this the first time around with a life wiz and struggled big time too! It helps to look up the cheats online so you can work around them. Have a team ready before you hire the area and make sure you've checked up each of the dungeons so you're prepared before your hired time starts ticking down.

If you want me to help you I am happy to bring a high level wiz. I can either speed you through it so you can make the most of drops during your hire time or I can support you through it so you can beat the dungeons with the safety of knowing you can not die. It's your dungeon, quest and time so we can do it however you want.

I have membership so I'm able to help you whenever suits but we'll have to connect in game. If you want me to be your quick-kill or healer-minion let me know the name of your wizard, your availability (include time zone) and I'll let you know a few times/days that I can meet up (so if you miss the first one/s we just default to the next on the list instead of back to trying to arrange new times).

Sorry you've had this experience, let me know if I can be of assistance

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
PS. I should maybe add that usually when helping lower levels through dungeons etc I act as support for them to do it the first run (and wait while they listen to the story if they like to) then switch to quick kill for farming afterwards. I'm happy to do that if you prefer it that way but since you're hiring the zone I'm happy to help you make the most of the time in whatever way suits you best.

I'm also not sure how hiring works with the timer. Does it literally mean 6 hours regardless of whether you log off or does it pause when you log out (like elixirs do)? If it's 6 consecutive hours even if your wizard logs out we should definitely look for a time when we both have as long as possible rather than a few hours consecutive days.

I have membership so I can access it whenever we are both online. You might want to consider membership or buying the zone instead of hiring it, but it's your crowns/money so whatever you do I'll do my best to help you get the most out of it and achieve your goals

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
It's been a while since I went through that dungeon but I think I can recall using Strangle a lot on the Chief Whip, and taking him down as fast as possible. He will heal the others on his side if you kill them first, so this is one of those rare cases where it's best to kill a boss first.

You are Life, so you can train Entangle for free in Colossus Blvd. (Strangle is a Life dispel you can train at level 20, it takes 2 pips to cast it.) In the team that you had, one Life could spam Entangles and heals while the other heals and helps set up a hit. The Myth would take down the Whip with Orthrus.

Barkingham Palace is considered an elite dungeon for those who run it at your level - congrats on your success so far!

It's extreme difficulty is intended to prepare you for some of the most wicked dungeons / cheating bosses / amazing gear drops available later in the game. Cheating bosses become the norm as you level up, but in almost every case knowing what the cheats are and how to counter them (or at least avoid triggering them) is the key to victory.

To that end, here's a handy guide to Barkingham Palace and suggestions for each of the cheating bosses.

http://www.duelist101.com/news/updates/wizard101-barkingham-palace-dungeon/

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Thanks everyone for the replies
Since the timer was up already when my post had gone up, I have since decided to go back to it at a far more manageable level
I understand it is probably designed to be challenging for the level it is unlocked at, so as I've put off Mount Olympus until level 50, I may decide to strengthen up a bit before trying my hand at Barkingham once more.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
I'm not sure why you put off Mount Olympus, that gear will carry you through level 50 and is easier than Barkingham. Plus, I'm not sure the Palace gear is that much better - it certainly has a lower drop rate than Olympus gear.

In any case, both dungeons are considered extremely difficult for their minimum level requirements. You really need higher level wizards to help you in both dungeons. And both of them have cheating bosses, so you need to look up those cheats beforehand.