Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Issue With Tartarus

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
The issue with Tartarus is that people farming Cronus use Team Up to find a team for it. Team Up is for Hades, not Cronus. I had to farm a side boss the other day for Amber. I found like-minded individuals and farmed Gladiator for 4 hours. We never once touched Team Up. They insist on being a burden. The system punishes those doing the correct thing and rewards those being toxic. Promising to do Hades after Cronus, just to leave after and lie to another group to get their way. If I don't feel like farming Cronus, I leave, and get punished with a 10 minute wait timer. A simple fix is to remove Cronus and any side boss from their dungeon and have a side sigil for them.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Reed Raven on Jun 15, 2018 wrote:
The issue with Tartarus is that people farming Cronus use Team Up to find a team for it. Team Up is for Hades, not Cronus. I had to farm a side boss the other day for Amber. I found like-minded individuals and farmed Gladiator for 4 hours. We never once touched Team Up. They insist on being a burden. The system punishes those doing the correct thing and rewards those being toxic. Promising to do Hades after Cronus, just to leave after and lie to another group to get their way. If I don't feel like farming Cronus, I leave, and get punished with a 10 minute wait timer. A simple fix is to remove Cronus and any side boss from their dungeon and have a side sigil for them.
We really neeeeeeed two sigils for dungeons like this!

The full dungeon is so long I can see why those needing help to farm Cronus would be tempted to make promises they won't keep. I'm not justifying it, nor would I ever do that but they're probably feeling the same frustration as you are over the one sigil for all situation.

I know it's tricky to arrange meet ups on here but until the sigil thing is changed it's an option you could consider. I don't need anything there but I'm happy to help. Maybe we could make up a full team here?

If you are going to continue using team up for this dungeon (or any others that have a similar set up) the best you can do is communicate and decide whether to stay or not. Friend with those wanting Hades so you can make up a team together. If you (and the others going in) get hit with the 10 minute cool down you can do a quick kill of Foulgaze (just down from the kiosk/bazaar) to end it earlier.

I really hope KI add separate sigils for these dungeons. Let me know if you want to get a team together. Good luck!

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Jun 15, 2018 wrote:

The full dungeon is so long I can see why those needing help to farm Cronus would be tempted to make promises they won't keep. I'm not justifying it, nor would I ever do that but they're probably feeling the same frustration as you are over the one sigil for all situation.

I know it's tricky to arrange meet ups on here but until the sigil thing is changed it's an option you could consider. I don't need anything there but I'm happy to help. Maybe we could make up a full team here?

If you are going to continue using team up for this dungeon (or any others that have a similar set up) the best you can do is communicate and decide whether to stay or not. Friend with those wanting Hades so you can make up a team together. If you (and the others going in) get hit with the 10 minute cool down you can do a quick kill of Foulgaze (just down from the kiosk/bazaar) to end it earlier.

I really hope KI add separate sigils for these dungeons. Let me know if you want to get a team together. Good luck!
It never occurred to me doing a short boss fight would end the cooldown. That's genius. I get a few runs in a day but really need to farm it effectively and quickly for my boots. Hades won't drop them. . Level 94 if you're still interested. Can provide traps if you're storm or something. Thank you for the input.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Victoria FireHeart on Jun 15, 2018 wrote:

3 runs after writing my reply (that hasn't shown up yet) I finally got my boots. Don't think I'll ever touch it again for farming. 30 runs of it was enough for me.