Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are visionary wands not that good?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
Not to say they're bad, but I don't really understand what they aren't better. First off why do they have fishing luck and energy? Not everyone likes to fish (myself included) and 11 energy is just 1 above the Aphrodite wands, (which come with maycast blades and good block) and less than the snow drifters at level 120. It's just not that good unless your really into gardening or fishing. Another thing, how can it only have 3%-4% pierce? At level 125 6%-7% should be the mid to high bar. Furthermore, where did critical block go? You know people use that stuff right? At least give it to the tank classes like ice and life, no reason we shouldn't have defensive stats as a defensive class. You could always cut into the pip conversion, give ice say 25 pip conversion and 205 critical block?

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
piratical505 on Dec 11, 2017 wrote:
Not to say they're bad, but I don't really understand what they aren't better. First off why do they have fishing luck and energy? Not everyone likes to fish (myself included) and 11 energy is just 1 above the Aphrodite wands, (which come with maycast blades and good block) and less than the snow drifters at level 120. It's just not that good unless your really into gardening or fishing. Another thing, how can it only have 3%-4% pierce? At level 125 6%-7% should be the mid to high bar. Furthermore, where did critical block go? You know people use that stuff right? At least give it to the tank classes like ice and life, no reason we shouldn't have defensive stats as a defensive class. You could always cut into the pip conversion, give ice say 25 pip conversion and 205 critical block?
I think a good change to the weapons would be to replace 100 of the pip conversion stat with critical block. That would make them much more desirable, and people who can't afford packs to get the best wands would be able to finally have a really good alternative.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The wands don't have enough critical block to be viable dungeon or PVP weapons. However, if you look at the combination of stats they provide, other uses are apparent.

In between world releases, when we're not actively questing, there are other activities that we can do. Some players log in every day to tend their gardens (requires energy), go fishing for the Catch of the Day (requires energy & fishing luck), complete the Daily Assignment (may require a low-key mob battle), etc.

So, what I'm guessing is, this special wand is intended to be equipped for that kind of daily play. It's meant to be more of a utility wand than a fighting wand.

That's my guess, at any rate.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
OK, I think I've come up with new stats. Replace fishing luck with accuracy (up to 6% not 11%), raise all the pierce to 6, take energy and replace it with a maycast (will come up with those later and we had maycast at level 100 so 125 shouldn't be too much to ask for), raise critical to at least 100 for most schools, for ice give us 75 critical and 145 block. Keep the pip conversion the same or take it.

Give the wands 2 square Jewels and 1 tear Jewel each. I realize the wands are only 125 levels above darkmoor, so I can't expect the world of them, but I do expect something for all the work it takes to get them.