Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pest Control

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Where and when do I get the spells for higher ranked pest control. I've got some seeds that I'd love to plant but the largest pest control I have is Fly Swatter. Doesn't do me a lot of good against Fire Ants.

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
If you are rank 15 or higher in gardening AND you have access to Khrysalis, there are rank 6 & 7 pest spells you can train in the Silent Market.

The Itsy Bitsy Spider spell is rank 6, $50,000 gold, 30 energy.
The Ant Lion spell is rank 7, $75,000 gold, 35 energy.

Prevention spells are a better bet, especially if you can't train those spells.

Summon Pixie will kill any pest on one single plant and prevent any and all pests from respawning for 48 hours. To train her, you must be rank 10 or higher in gardening experience, and pay $175,000 gold to Charley in the Oasis of Krokotopia.

If you don't have enough gold or xp to train her, sometimes there are treasure cards available in the Bazaar. You might also get them as drops from Farley's Gardening Pack (Crowns shop), or from the Botanical Gardens house as a daily reward.

If your plant is a Sugar Khrystal, I would suggest you weigh the benefit of saving that plant against the cost of saving it. Its drops are pretty much worthless; saving ONE plant is going to cost you a minimum of $50,000 gold. In return all you're going to get are some crystal housing items and prism treasure cards. The treasure cards are junk.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Sugar_Khrystal#axzz4okFLVYs5

Queen Crape Myrtle, on the other hand, might be worth saving. She drops very rare treasure cards, pet snacks worth a fair bit of gold if you sell them, and the amber reagent ... rarely.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Queen_Crape_Myrtle#axzz4okFLVYs5

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Once you're rank 15, you get a sidequest to unlock the Khrysalis Garderner, who has spells to deal with Rank 6 and 7 pests. Watch out though, all of his spells are quite expensive! Totally worth getting those need prevention spells though.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Area51Alien on Aug 4, 2017 wrote:
Where and when do I get the spells for higher ranked pest control. I've got some seeds that I'd love to plant but the largest pest control I have is Fly Swatter. Doesn't do me a lot of good against Fire Ants.

Steven Ghoststalker
The only place you could possibly acquire higher rank spells until you have unlocked Barley in Khrysalis is through the Bazaar. There are TC's of Ant Lion, Itsy Bitsy Spider and Strawman that you might be able to get. The actual spells require you to be at least a rank 15 gardener but be prepared with plenty of gold when you unlock Barley.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
A side quest in Khrysalis unlocks these spells; but if you are not at that level, you can purchase Pixie in Krok - if you put a pixie on any level plant, it keeps all pests away for 48 hours (even the high ranked pests). It's a costly spell to purchase but it keeps those bugs away and helps speed the growing process.

You can find tc in the bazaar of higher level pest spells, but the energy cost is not that much lower than just using the pixie for 25 energy per cast.

Happy Gardening

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Thank you for the help everyone. I appreciate it.

Any idea where to get the Queen Cape Myrtle seed?

Steven Ghoststalker

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
You get one for the completion of the quest "Wild Hornet Chase" in Sardonyx, Khrysalis. In addition to that, the Queen Crape Myrtle's dropped-by table is littered with mobs and bosses from Khrysalis, Polaris, and Mirage. The previously posted link to her page on the Wiki will tell you which ones do specifically.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Area51Alien on Aug 6, 2017 wrote:
Thank you for the help everyone. I appreciate it.

Any idea where to get the Queen Cape Myrtle seed?

Steven Ghoststalker
I am not sure if you can buy that seed in the Crowns shop but I do know it drops from Ultra King Parsley which drops from King Parsley.