Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ability to delete Side Quests

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I'm sure this has been requested before but I generally am very careful on what side quests I choose to receive because I know that if I decide I don't want to do them or need them later, I can't delete them. I learned my lesson from my first ever wizard back in 2009, my quest book was about 12 pages long full of quests that were no longer beneficial to the level of my wizard. It's not a needed feature but as the previous update was a quality of life update, I figured this could be a feature to be considered.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
Oh my gosh yes! I had over 15 pages of sidequests and I've been slowly getting it down (I think I'm at 9 or 10 after some months, I just can't get myself to do it.) and I don't want to do sidequests all the way back in Wizard City that will give me only a hundred XP. And if you delete them, they should just simply re appear with the person you last spoke to.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Ruthless Anthony on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
I'm sure this has been requested before but I generally am very careful on what side quests I choose to receive because I know that if I decide I don't want to do them or need them later, I can't delete them. I learned my lesson from my first ever wizard back in 2009, my quest book was about 12 pages long full of quests that were no longer beneficial to the level of my wizard. It's not a needed feature but as the previous update was a quality of life update, I figured this could be a feature to be considered.
You can "delete" side quests by doing them.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
1. Listen to the Quest dialogue.
2. Look at the quest rewards.
3. REFUSE if you don't like the quest.
Or
Accept the quest and do it right then. ( Tower of The Helephant; how I wish I refused! Oh well, when I'm level 200, I'll solo it. )

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
BrahmShadow on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
You can "delete" side quests by doing them.
That's actually the opposite of the idea to delete them but thanks man

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
*sitting at max level, with only fishing quests, 4 quests in khrysalis, 10 quests in polaris, and 13 quests in mirage, and has at least 85% of all the badges*

i dont know why y'all want this? just do it....

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
It's hard to tell between a side quests and storyline by many players Some players might have thought some side quests were cool to do until he/she got to the destination. I feel people should have the option to delete side quests without doing them. That's what threads like this one is about

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
KI has stated that being able to "Delete" any quest will not happen.

There is a way to know if a quest is main or side and that is by following the quest guides that have been created in the forums on Wizard101 Central.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Is there a reason the feature won't be implemented? I assume there is, just curious. Anyways, the main quest and side quest thing has been solved with the recent update so that's no longer a problem. And I only have two pages of quests on my level 103 Storm so I am cautious with the quests I accept, I just figured it'd be a nice feature. Oh well, if it isn't added then it isn't added, just a suggestion

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
KI has stated that they won't add that option in but they never said never. KI is known to change their mind as the years go by as more and more players coming forward with same ideas as long as it doesn't violate laws or hurt the game

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Ruthless Anthony on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
Is there a reason the feature won't be implemented? I assume there is, just curious. Anyways, the main quest and side quest thing has been solved with the recent update so that's no longer a problem. And I only have two pages of quests on my level 103 Storm so I am cautious with the quests I accept, I just figured it'd be a nice feature. Oh well, if it isn't added then it isn't added, just a suggestion
Yes, there is a reason. Per KI when this first came up, players would end up deleting main story quests and support would be spending more time trying to track where each wizard has to go back and pick those up.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Ruthless Anthony on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
There is reason. Too many people can accidentally delete the storyline causing KI to spend lots of time helping players find the deleted quest. But as technology grew since the game launched, KI is finding ways to take down the barriers that kept them from adding options to the game . Quest finder was added some years back. Now KI made it easier for wizards to tell the difference between storyline and side quests. So who knows, maybe they can now add an option to delete side quests without deleting storyline and spell quests by putting a lock on them. always think and stay positive, Things happen when we least expect them

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Why not just make it not optional to delete main quests? Seems like such a simple solution to me.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
Honesty agree. Maybe have a pop-up message that says, "Do you really want to delete this quest?"

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
I think this is a great idea I accidently accepted one of those annoying book finding quests and I really don't want to do it. If there was a delete button I wouldn't have to. With our new update starring the main quest we wouldn't have an issue with players deleting the main quest because they will know which quest is the main one.

~Natalie lvl 80
~Natalie lvl 35