Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WARNING: A notice about account passwords!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2017
It's not every day you wake up in the morning, go onto one of your favorite forums for a game that's set to go into Open Access on August 29th... and find out that it had just suffered a MASSIVE cyber attack!

Sure enough, that's what happened to Legends of Equestria earlier today, about 6 hours ago as of the time I am writing this. For those of you who don't know, it's an MMORPG that's current set to go into Open Access on August 29th this year, set in the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic universe, which I plan to play and do a full review of after it's released.

From what I can tell by looking at the urgent warning they posted on their Twitter page, they had just suffered a massive cyber attack that may have compromised users account information, including their passwords. A warning was sent out to all their users to change their passwords if they use the same password on any other website. Unfortunately, this includes Wizard101.

Ladies and gentlemen, THIS is why you don't use the same password for every website you go to. Because if one of them gets hit by a cyberattack like this, and they get your password, they have access to EVERYTHING you do on the web! E-mail, social media, and yes, your Wizard101 account!

Needless to say, I'm going to be changing my e-mails password pretty soon. And if any of you fine Wizards just so happen to be registered users over at Legends of Equestria, I strongly recommend you do the same! You have to take every precaution you can to protect your account, after all!

And always remember: Use different passwords for different website! You'll regret it later if you don't!