Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strawman Blocking my plants

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2013
Hello!
I love gardening and have tons of them, but specifically I have a high section of seeds that I use Strawman to protect from bugs. The strawman are so tall they block the view of the plots within the middle of the rows. This makes harvesting hard as sometimes I have to click on the plant to harvest as the X option does not always pop up. Also it is very hard to plant new seeds in the middle with the strawman in the way.

Is there a way to disable their graphic or something that could help? Thanks!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I find that those bug prevention spells (that are 48+ hours) are detrimental to gardening. I never use them anymore. The graphics are great, but yes, they take up the entire garden, making it impossible to take care of your plants or harvest them.

KI need to change these spells quite a bit, otherwise they are useless.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
You can override the animation of the Strawman by using a spell such as Growzone Layer (48 hour prevent need for Magic), Solar Flares (prevents need for sun for 48 hours, BUT, can be very bright), Bee Hive (prevents the need for pollination for 48 hours)(didn't care for the animation on this one but you should be able to see what you want in order to harvest or replant.

In order to override the animation, you would cast Strawman first then your choice of another 48 hour prevention spell. I would not recommend Wind Chimes. Those Chimes are almost as bad as Strawman so you would not be able to see your plants with those either.

If you have access to Barley in Khrysalis, you might try Monsoon as an override. I have no idea what kind of animation this spell has.

However, I would help if I knew what seeds you are using Strawman on as it would be easier to help you with this animation.

Brynnerof Reign is correct about the graphics of the 48 hour prevention spells. Some of the graphics are way overbearing. Pest Zapper is an example of one that is overbearing with the brilliance of want appears to be lightning. Very hard on the eyes and for some can trigger seizures. Wind Chimes as I said, is just as bad as Strawman. You can't see your garden.