Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

secondary school

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Is there a way to find out what my secondary school is for my wizards? When the accounts were created a couple of years ago, I didn't pay attention to secondary school. Now that I love KI, I'd like to know. And would a mastery amulet of the secondary school help? Thanks.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
You can choose your secondary school at any time. You can get that school's spells up to Rank 6 spells. You use training points to train up in the second school you choose, but the thing is that power pips will not work with your secondary school's spells. You need the actual number of pips. For instance, being a myth and having 3 power pips would let you use earthquake, but you would need 6 pips to cast Triton, a storm spell. That's where mastery amulets come in. Mastery Amulets allow power pips with the second school you train up in. You can train in any other school. I usually stop learning spells from other schools at Celestia so I can get astral spells.

Sort of related: good secondary schools are Ice (until you learn Tower Shield), Life (until you learn Satyr), and Death (until you learn Feint).

Hope I helped explain, and happy questing!

-Kane TitanBreaker (Level 93)

Survivor
Oct 14, 2012
Very simple my friend. A secondary school is really any school that you spend the most training points in. Say you are a fire. I assume that from the logo you used. Say you want to be a myth as a secondary school. If you use your training points to get Minotaur and you haven't got any other spells from any other schools yet, then myth is your secondary school. Thats just an example. Whatever school you have the most training points put into is your secondary school.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2010
You can choose your secondary school. It can be any of the other 6 schools that you decided not to train in. The secondary school is where you use training points you earn throughout the game to train in other spells from another school.
For example, if you're a Life wizard, you can choose one of these as secondary schools: Ice, Fire, Storm, Myth, Death, or Balance.

Hope this helps!
Fiona IceDust
Level 77 Thaumaturge

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Thank you all for your answers. It helped. Unfortunately in the beginning I used the training points for a variety of other schools not just one. So I'll have to check each wizard and see which they have the most of to make that the secondary. Again many thanks.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
Davidfire school on May 17, 2017 wrote:
Thank you all for your answers. It helped. Unfortunately in the beginning I used the training points for a variety of other schools not just one. So I'll have to check each wizard and see which they have the most of to make that the secondary. Again many thanks.
A word of advice. Do not try to train a secondary school as such.

By level 50 any so called secondary school will be worthless even if you have a mastery amulet. Instead use your training points to attain various specific spells. Tower Shield in Ice, Feint in Death, Reshuffle, Satyr in life (some people go for this...though honestly I did not), elemental (or spirit trap) and blade spells from balance school...you can also any of the various school specific shield spells from Sabrina Greenstar in the commons assuming you don't have an equivalent from the spells you have trained.

Also, save some training points for star and sun magic when you hit Celestia...you will definitely want to get enchants and auras at some point in the future.

Another thing to note is that if you wasted any TPs you can retrain during membership free retraining events which seem to happen ever other month or so. Just watch the news and when the option comes up you can unlearn all trained spells in Golem Court.

The reason for this advice is simple. As you advance in levels it becomes more and more difficult for secondary schools to have the same damage potential as your main school. In order to get even a fraction of the power compared to your main school you will be sacrificing either power in your true school or resistance capabilities for your defense. Its easier and more effective to use prisms with your core school than try to build up some secondary school for combat. Also, you can never learn the really good spells in a secondary school so again its better to get the specific spells that will benefit you than to try to train a second school to maximum level.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Wonderful advice from Goldenoak1. Since I am level 53 and 2/3 through Dragonsphere(although I do have 2 areas in Grizzleheim to complete), I will save any future training points for Celestia. I will also look for the retraining days.
Thanks so much for your advice.