Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Worst Battle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2017
Okay, so I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on which battle (probably Boss Battle) in the game is the worst.

My vote goes to the battle in Barkingham Palace when you're fighting the Chief Whip and the stupid Gas Machine thing. I have never yelled so many profanities in my entire life. When the Chief Whip keeps applying multiple Absorb barriers to EVERYONE and keeps healing everyone... I just...

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
My least favorite is the one in that tower in Marleybone with the two rats, the fat cat and the other guy. Not only is that fight insanely difficult (especially if you don't know how to beat all the cheats), but by the time you get there half your team has deserted almost every time. I never once made it to the top without at least one team member dropping out at some point in the pre-boss battles.

Forgot to add that I am fire as is the main boss, and he eats prisms...that is what really makes that fight annoying.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
Prestissimo on May 4, 2017 wrote:
Okay, so I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on which battle (probably Boss Battle) in the game is the worst.

My vote goes to the battle in Barkingham Palace when you're fighting the Chief Whip and the stupid Gas Machine thing. I have never yelled so many profanities in my entire life. When the Chief Whip keeps applying multiple Absorb barriers to EVERYONE and keeps healing everyone... I just...

Anyway, what are your thoughts?
Any battle is doable with the right strategy, but I'd say the two more challenging ones are Baba Yaga (if you can't kill her before all her minions show up) and Shadowwock. Ironically, these are also the quickest battles if you have the right strategy and a good team (2-3 turns).

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Chief Whip was really frustrating. There should be a level past which cheats become redundant.

I don't like to spend hours in one battle. It's just too much.

For the record I don't mind a cheating boss TOO much but there's a point at which it becomes torment.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Clearly the worst one is Belloq because you have to hit every round or you get a huge AoE hit, but the thing is you don't hit every round because your blade or trap stacking forcing solo players to desperately find teams. Not to mention you encounter this guy 3 times in the main story. That's as bad as malistaire!

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
the awesome pyroma... on May 5, 2017 wrote:
Clearly the worst one is Belloq because you have to hit every round or you get a huge AoE hit, but the thing is you don't hit every round because your blade or trap stacking forcing solo players to desperately find teams. Not to mention you encounter this guy 3 times in the main story. That's as bad as malistaire!
Maybe its just because I am fire, but Belloq was easy to solo. Fire elves are awesome as are links. Also, I don't think he cheats in all of his encounters...but I could be wrong. The trick for him is to load your deck with lots of enchants and 2 pip spells and just whittle him down. No blades or traps, just low powered spells boosted with enchants.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I didn't find Belloq or his brother (wasn't there a brother just like him?) too bad.

Just have a wand hit ready. If you have henchmen or battle buddies, have them hit once a round.

In a fight in which the boss removes his -90 shield if you heal yourself, have a lot of one pip pixie heal spell cards ready. Ignore the -90 shield during rounds in which you are blading and trapping.

JMO

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
the awesome pyroma... on May 5, 2017 wrote:
He wasn't that hard. The first encounter all you have to is use cheap dots. The second encounter he doesn't cheat. The third encounter is worse since he removes dots, but you just have to find a team.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Worst battles that stand out in my memory are the ones below, mainly because I faced them before they were nerfed and they were HARD!!

Jabberwock (both versions)
Babba Yaga (Now she's harder after she was 'nerfed' because we can't dispel her minions. If she is able to summon all 3 if her minions, it's a guaranteed disaster!)
The Rat
Darkmoore (pretty much all of it)

Oh, and the optional Save the Manders! quest in Krokotopia, Tomb of Storms. OMG! My first ever wizard was a Myth and she went in there solo at level 20 before we even had mounts, or henchmen, and long before dungeon recall. All the battles were four against one. Her strategy was kill one, die with three still standing, run ALLLL the way back; kill another, die with two still standing, run ALLLL the way back..... Over and over again.

I started the dungeon around 8pm and didn't finish until 5am! (Yes, I was determined to finish. In hindsight I think being killed so much caused brain damage. )

Alia Misthaven

Miranda Willowglen
Retired in 2009 at level 50, Grandmaster
(when that actually meant something)
May she rest in peace

Survivor
Jan 09, 2016
I'm not that far into the game, so this will probably change, but I was finishing Crab Alley when I fought Doctor Zigmund, I lost it. First of all, he's Storm, so my main moves don't work as well, so I either use death moves, which are weak or cost a lot of pips (Looking at you Vampire) or be weak. Not to mention I kept FIZZLING (which is common for Storm actually) and I couldn't find anyone to heLP ME
I still haven't beat him.

k rant over

Cheers,
Scarlet Emeraldheart
Level 24 Storm/Monstrology Nerd
Likes Skeletal Pirates

P.S. See you where the don't shine! Or this sun

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Scarlet Emeraldhea... on May 9, 2017 wrote:
I'm not that far into the game, so this will probably change, but I was finishing Crab Alley when I fought Doctor Zigmund, I lost it. First of all, he's Storm, so my main moves don't work as well, so I either use death moves, which are weak or cost a lot of pips (Looking at you Vampire) or be weak. Not to mention I kept FIZZLING (which is common for Storm actually) and I couldn't find anyone to heLP ME
I still haven't beat him.

k rant over

Cheers,
Scarlet Emeraldheart
Level 24 Storm/Monstrology Nerd
Likes Skeletal Pirates

P.S. See you where the don't shine! Or this sun
Try a team up. Just press the team up button. Then wait 2 minutes to see if anyone jumps in to help. I remember when that battle seemed really hard. It has 2 eels also and those eels were brutal in lower level.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2013
I actually got quite a few battles that gave me much aggravation and/or difficulty

Baba Yaga

Darkmoor in general

The Rat

Belloq (Twin Giants)

Wanadi Black Sky

Final Boss of Waterworks

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
Defender
Dec 07, 2012