Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kingsisle, Please Fix Your Matchmaking System

AuthorMessage
Squire
May 10, 2013
One of the reasons that PvP in Wizard101 is slowly dying is because of the insanely bad matchmaking system.

Let's suppose I am a Level 50 Warlord, and I am insanely good, with 2.8k rank.

I hop into a match. What do I found? A max wizard.

Imagine you went into that match. How would you win? There is only one way you could win. And that is if you are really good and they are really bad.

Not only is this bad, the matchmaking system even effects lower levels.

I hopped on my Level 10 Fire Wizard who just reached Sergeant and found a guy the same level as me with a higher rank with full veteran gear, not to mention I was second.

Not only was I at a disadvantage going second, the Wizard I was up against had higher rank than me.

There was an update to the matchmaking system to patch puppeting, which than created the "Try All Opponents" option. If I wanted to get a max against my Grandmaster, I would click it. But it shouldn't be fair if I go against someone double my level, or someone who is higher stages in rank,

Does anyone have a proposed fix to this issue?

-PlayHard

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
PlayHard101 on Apr 3, 2017 wrote:
One of the reasons that PvP in Wizard101 is slowly dying is because of the insanely bad matchmaking system.

Let's suppose I am a Level 50 Warlord, and I am insanely good, with 2.8k rank.

I hop into a match. What do I found? A max wizard.

Imagine you went into that match. How would you win? There is only one way you could win. And that is if you are really good and they are really bad.

Not only is this bad, the matchmaking system even effects lower levels.

I hopped on my Level 10 Fire Wizard who just reached Sergeant and found a guy the same level as me with a higher rank with full veteran gear, not to mention I was second.

Not only was I at a disadvantage going second, the Wizard I was up against had higher rank than me.

There was an update to the matchmaking system to patch puppeting, which than created the "Try All Opponents" option. If I wanted to get a max against my Grandmaster, I would click it. But it shouldn't be fair if I go against someone double my level, or someone who is higher stages in rank,

Does anyone have a proposed fix to this issue?

-PlayHard
I doubt there is enough of a population to fix it. Having said that, stagnating wizards at a certain level for pvp is not good for the longevity of the game. Only you reach over a 2k level, perhaps it is time to level up and move on.

I would guess most of the uneven matches are do to people having too much rank for their level, would you actually expect to match up with a private at your same wizard level?