Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Albion A World Or Not?

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I was requested by someone on Twitter to ask this question with the hope that he may get an answer from Zander, Thundersnake, Fitzhume or even Blind Mew.

His question is: In the recent Test Realm I saw dialogue from the new Monstrologist Professor Gillda Burke who claimed that she and her practices originate from her homeworld of Albion. However, last I checked Albion was thoroughly stated once if not several times to be a region or skyway of Marleybone along with Kent and Rover. In addition to this there's even concept art depicting it as apart of Marleybone and I believe I recall Blind Mew having once stated that there was an intention to explore some of Albion back during the Marleybone and Aquila expansion but it was cut due to the budget.

So my question is, why does she claim Albion to be a world? Has something changed? Was this is a mistake? Is she ignorant to Albion being a place and not a world like the Faerie in Wysteria claiming Weirwood was a world? Or was she just being forgetful that Albion is apart of Marleybone?

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on Mar 30, 2017 wrote:
I was requested by someone on Twitter to ask this question with the hope that he may get an answer from Zander, Thundersnake, Fitzhume or even Blind Mew.

His question is: In the recent Test Realm I saw dialogue from the new Monstrologist Professor Gillda Burke who claimed that she and her practices originate from her homeworld of Albion. However, last I checked Albion was thoroughly stated once if not several times to be a region or skyway of Marleybone along with Kent and Rover. In addition to this there's even concept art depicting it as apart of Marleybone and I believe I recall Blind Mew having once stated that there was an intention to explore some of Albion back during the Marleybone and Aquila expansion but it was cut due to the budget.

So my question is, why does she claim Albion to be a world? Has something changed? Was this is a mistake? Is she ignorant to Albion being a place and not a world like the Faerie in Wysteria claiming Weirwood was a world? Or was she just being forgetful that Albion is apart of Marleybone?
I think someone didn't check the proper lore and prime continuity check for it, 'cause, Albion's one of Marleybone's Skyways, home to the foxes, that Bonnie Anne, from P101, says they were brought under the dogs' rule long ago, and they've not treated them well, leading to giving them only the poorest jobs.

I completely remember this, being that I've played P101 before. Properly knowing the proper continuity history from all sides of the Spiral is important to maintaining it, Wizard, Pirate, and even otherwise.

I previously thought Weirwood was a world of it's own, too, from Beatrice Wildwind's perspective in Wysteria, but since Avalon got out, I now know that Weirwood's a part of Avalon instead. I think KI should correct that misconception.

Yeah. I think Gilda should've said she's from Albion in Marleybone instead. If KI can correct that misunderstanding in the text and VO from Gilda & Beatrice, that'd be fine.

Plus, I was eager to see Albion in P101, but due to the layoff in 2016 & the very long hiatus for P101's story update, they've had to abruptly end the 1st arc & cut out the rest of the original outline and pacing, obviously 'cause Blind Mew thought he wanted to do a clean slate without the momentum dragging on the P101 story & other things that could delay them more. Kinda unnecessary to do that, in my perspective.

I was very hyped with the excitement, but now, I feel a bit unsatisfied with the result & the state, 'cause it throws everything off... the hype, the anticipation, the whole enchilada. I wished they could've done a reboot of Book 15 to restore the like, but, he said it's somewhat impossible, for what reason I don't know. I'd like to know that someday.

Well, anyway, KI should really look into correcting the misunderstanding with Gilda's origins.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
This is just a theory, but aren't the foxes supposed to be Scottish. So maybe Albion likes to say they are a seperate world despite the fact they are still within the world Marleybone.... Since Scotland wants to be its own country but is part of the UK. So maybe that was not a mistake but a hint at something to come in Pirate101 or Wizard101.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Personally I like the idea of Albion being a separate world. Maybe it's Pirate101 that should change it's dialogue.