Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bad Gaming Habits

AuthorMessage
Delver
May 12, 2012
Hello all fellow wizards,
I admit -- I have some bad habits when gaming in W101. Some of us just get too addicted and can't leave the computer. Some of us turn tail after a fight loss. Some of us start doing something and can never finish. What are your habits? Here's mine.

Whenever my backpack is full, I always realize the minute before I enter a dungeon, and because my team is waiting on me, I quickly go to my house and dump any item I have there or in my bank. I am also a furniture hoarder; any cool furniture in the Bazaar I snatch up. I plan to clear out my messed up houses thanks to these habits, but I never have enough time to really get going and make progress. But hey, the year is still fairly new, maybe I can finally take the couches and tables out of the middle of the way in my myth house. :P

So what are your habits? I'm interested to here! :D

~Allison D

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Mythali126 on Feb 26, 2017 wrote:
Hello all fellow wizards,
I admit -- I have some bad habits when gaming in W101. Some of us just get too addicted and can't leave the computer. Some of us turn tail after a fight loss. Some of us start doing something and can never finish. What are your habits? Here's mine.

Whenever my backpack is full, I always realize the minute before I enter a dungeon, and because my team is waiting on me, I quickly go to my house and dump any item I have there or in my bank. I am also a furniture hoarder; any cool furniture in the Bazaar I snatch up. I plan to clear out my messed up houses thanks to these habits, but I never have enough time to really get going and make progress. But hey, the year is still fairly new, maybe I can finally take the couches and tables out of the middle of the way in my myth house. :P

So what are your habits? I'm interested to here! :D

~Allison D
I like this topic!

I definitely have a bad habit of putting spells in my deck that I probably won't use in a battle, or over preparing. If I'm on my life wizard, and I'm setting up to heal, I'll put in some of the less used heals like regenerate and minor blessing. I almost always find myself discarding them too.

(I use minor blessing because with a "radical" heal enchant and out. heal boost it can heal a good 500 for 0 pips. But if I can't find an enchant, it's useless.)

On my fire, I'll keep at least one detonate in my boss fighting deck. No one ever uses that lol. It is my first time playing fire, so I like the concept of detonate, but I guess it isn't really an efficient spell for 4 pips.

Ah well, maybe I'll take them out one day, but I don't want it to be at that single point in time playing wiz where it would be the perfect spell to use.

Ah well. A wizard can dream.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 85+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
I haven't done this in quite some time, but when I find myself in a difficult area of the game where I have to defeat a certain enemy or complete a long dungeon, I tend to leave the game for a few months or so to try again later. And, much like you, I have a tendency to pick up unneeded items at the Bazaar.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
I am a total hoarder!
I save items that I know I will never ever use but keep them as memories or reminders that I did something to acquire them.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
I love houses. So I am constantly buying and selling houses and decorations. I also sometimes get angry for stupid reasons during pet derby. I've gotten better about that one....

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
1) Hoarding. I have a character just for storage. I have 50+ wands that I don't use, robes in my vault for no apparent reason, hairstyles dropped from bosses, pets I will never train, and 200+ EMP seeds. And so much more. So much. I have two houses that are just big sheds for all my stuff.

2) Soloing. My first wizard was ice, and I got used to soloing everything. Now I have a level 98 death, and have had to stop myself from doing horrible things alone. Like the Metamorphosis Chamber. I need to complete that, but I am resisting the urge to just go in alone. Because I will die. A lot.

3) Deck set up. I have more than one deck, and constantly forget to switch. So I will keep my PvP deck equipped, head off into battle, and realize I have a bunch of cloaks and dispels, which I absolutely do not need. Meh.

4) Hatching. It's fair to say I am currently obsessed with getting a Superstitious Scorpion. This hybrid's parents are the cunning seal pup and a scorpion. TWENTY FIVE hatches later, and no Superstitious Scorpion. I can't stop. And this happens too often: I see some amazing pet, I ask the player how they got it, they tell me the parents, and 2 weeks later, I'm still trying.

If anyone has a Superstitious Scorpion, and feels like taking pity on me, let me know. It'll take me a few days to farm the gold, but seriously, let me know.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
I'm a procrastinator, I'll help others with their quests before doing my own, partly too because I hate questing alone. If there are things I want to keep, I also just dump it somewhere random in one of my 10 houses. If I reach max gold, I but a new home to get rid of a good chunk, usually a home from crown shop, but pay in gold. I'll also just sit in commons and watch conversations. I also do all quests in a world before moving onto the next world (also do every dungeon twice to get all the experience I can, since you get dungeon experience up to two times of doing it). And because of this, I was level 66 in Mooshu (i'm now level 103, this was years ago). No one seems to believe me when I say I only had up to Mooshu unlocked at 66. Back then, home dungeons were just coming out, so it was harder to do that, but I'd say it's easier to be higher levels and questing in low level worlds nowadays than it was back then. I'll also randomly go to other worlds and walk around aimlessly, any and all worlds. Or I'll port to people online on my friend's list and randomly help in battles and chat. I just recently made someone mad by doing this because I ported to Mirage and I had not yet had it unlocked, and she hates people going to worlds they don't have unlocked (which I didn't know). I can understand that, but it isn't like I'm a low level who wouldn't have been able to offer help. Plus, she could always just turn off her port. Okay, so I don't have Mirage, but at level 103, pretty sure I can still handle myself and be of use.