Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet talents and Cards given

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I came into the forums to ask a question, but then saw that other question about doubling up talents/jewels and got me thinking:
For pets that give cards, can that pet also manifest that talent, may-cast or otherwise? I can't find this stated anywhere in the information dispersal about pets. I know many people's first answer is, well of course it can, they won't be the same thing. But from a programming point of view, does the algorithm governing the prevention of a hatched offspring having a doubling of two identical traits from the parents recognize the traits as different in other situations? For example, if both parents have spell-proof, the offspring will never have two spell-proofs in its slate of ten talents. Some kind of programming algorithm prevents this.
So then I am wondering if a pet gives cards, will the same type of programming algorithm prevent the talent from showing up? Here is my specific situation: the Maple Moose gives mythic fuel cards - can that pet also obtain a talent in its slate of ten that is may cast mythic fuel? Again, before a random wizard answers with of course it can, I am really asking if the programming that governs this recognizes the card talent and may cast talent as separate entities in the programming?
If you have a pet which has this specific occurrence, I would be interested in hearing!