Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't get on Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 25, 2011
Whenever I try to play on W101 or P101 I get a connection lost error. The issue is for some reason when I launch either game there's data that is missing. I contacted KI support but they said they couldn't fix the issue since it's an issue on my end. Does anyone know how to fix this or will I be unable to play?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Alexandra PearlBlo... on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
Whenever I try to play on W101 or P101 I get a connection lost error. The issue is for some reason when I launch either game there's data that is missing. I contacted KI support but they said they couldn't fix the issue since it's an issue on my end. Does anyone know how to fix this or will I be unable to play?
Tried resetting your Modems or net connection settings?

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
Star Edward on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
Tried resetting your Modems or net connection settings?

Yes, I have tried doing that as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the games and restarting my computer.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2015
Alexandra PearlBlo... on Dec 13, 2016 wrote:
Yes, I have tried doing that as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the games and restarting my computer.
Try updating the game maybe. If the game says that there is data missing like you said then you need to update the game. Wizard101 is a MMO. Wizard101 is a multiplayer with continuously added features in the game. An update will most likely solve the problem.

Hope this answered your question!

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
lizzermaybay on Dec 13, 2016 wrote:
Try updating the game maybe. If the game says that there is data missing like you said then you need to update the game. Wizard101 is a MMO. Wizard101 is a multiplayer with continuously added features in the game. An update will most likely solve the problem.

Thanks for the advice and how do I update the game? I don't see anything on how to do it.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
lizzermaybay on Dec 13, 2016 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the game will automatically update on its own. Also, if you have not done this already, try restarting your computer and if that doesn't work then it means that your connection is not strong enough for the game and that would be the problem with your router.

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
frostednutella on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the game will automatically update on its own. Also, if you have not done this already, try restarting your computer and if that doesn't work then it means that your connection is not strong enough for the game and that would be the problem with your router.
I don't think that's the issue since my router is considerably new since I got a new one about a year ago and the game worked fine then but this issue started happening about a month ago.