Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Perhaps Tone Down the Mobs?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Vanessa Mythdust on Dec 11, 2016 wrote:
I don't think it's been mentioned before because I don't think learning the strategies is the problem. Like I mentioned earlier, I run a helping group that assists with difficult areas. Most of the time our clients actually do know the strategies, but what is stopping them is ...
  1. They can't find a group.
  2. They fail in team-up because the randoms they go in with refuse to listen.
  3. They don't have the stats to survive long enough to kill the enemies.

Knowledge is power, yes - but it's hard to use that power when some people don't have the means to put it into action.

For those struggling with The Rat, Mirage, or difficult instances in general, here is a link to the helping group I'm talking about (Mercenaries101). We're not open for Mirage yet (most of us haven't completed it yet), but we'll post on the announcement thread when we are. We'd be happy to help you out. :)

And, I've posted these on the Message Boards in a different thread, but I'll put them here too. Guides to Baron Hairkonnen, the Sands of Time, and the final battle:

I hope those two resources help you guys out. In the meantime, if you're struggling with something in particular, don't be afraid to let me know and I'll see if I can do some testing and make a guide.

~Vanessa Mythdust
Thank you! You put into succinct words the heart of the problem for the average player. Lack of a friend group (due to time differences, work schedules, etc) makes a person have to try to use team up. However, that doesn't work if someone can only be on during non peak hours. It also doesn't work if the people you go in with won't listen, or flee. Many times they scope out your gear and find it wanting so they leave, fearing that they will have a long slog ahead. Because the person hasn't got a group and team up is failing them, they can't get their gear and thus they are failing.

Contrary to popular opinion among many of the hardcore, the average players are not being whiny. Being whiny is complaining without giving solutions to what is being complained about. Many of us have been giving possible solutions to this dilemma: different levels of difficulty, whether it be in certain realms or sigils, "doable for almost everyone" story line with TRULY OPTIONAL super hard dungeons, easily accessable gear that will take you thru storyline (crafted or even bazaar bought) etc.

Most of us at this level do look up the cheats on the various sites, but a lot of the time they don't always work because of the lack of good stats. KI needs to make more alternatives for getting decent gear. It doesn't have to be as good as gear from the hard OPTIONAL dungeons, but it needs to be definitely sufficient to get thru the story.

Like Dragonlady1818 said, if the average player can't get thru the story and progress, they aren't going to stay and pay. This is not an idle threat. The average player is not saying "if its not made easy I will take my toys and leave". The average player is not having fun and /or not able to progress. No one is going to continue paying for updates they can't use.

If the hardcore are as passionate about this game as they say they are, they will be happy to compromise. That's all the average player wants: a compromise, and we have offered solutions to this end.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
I don't think it's been mentioned before because I don't think learning the strategies is the problem. Like I mentioned earlier, I run a helping group that assists with difficult areas. Most of the time our clients actually do know the strategies, but what is stopping them is ...

Knowledge is power, yes - but it's hard to use that power when some people don't have the means to put it into action.

For those struggling with The Rat, Mirage, or difficult instances in general, here is a link to the helping group I'm talking about (Mercenaries101). We're not open for Mirage yet (most of us haven't completed it yet), but we'll post on the announcement thread when we are. We'd be happy to help you out. :)

And, I've posted these on the Message Boards in a different thread, but I'll put them here too. Guides to Baron Hairkonnen, the Sands of Time, and the final battle:

I hope those two resources help you guys out. In the meantime, if you're struggling with something in particular, don't be afraid to let me know and I'll see if I can do some testing and make a guide.

~Vanessa Mythdust
I love the idea of your group Vanessa. I'm not a member of any group or club, but I do help out whenever I can. If any of you ever see me, do feel free to ask. If I can help, I will. Meanwhile, see you on team up in Mirage. I will do my best to join the toughest battles.
Amber Raven Song

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What Im finding, is a trend of harder difficulty, with little reward. The gear that's available is complete junk. The gear in the bazaar isnt even an option anymore, because the gear you find has so few stats on it. The quantity of different stats on the gear is low. Let me explain what I mean. We have 11 stats. If my fire were to use the L112 Djinn set, he'd upgrade 4 stats. If he used various lower level gear, he'd upgrade 10 stats.

At L102, gone is the strategy to use an off school wand to get rid of weaknesses on yourself or shields off of your enemies. I don’t mind the damage Im losing out on, because I’ll take a 20 point wand hit to clear out weaknesses and shields for a 10,000 point fire from above (as an example). I don’t mind adapting, but I DON’T like having to bloat my deck because a valid strategy is no longer available.

We’re being made to farm the really hard areas in order to compensate for the new direction of the game. I already carry 2 sets of gear with me on all but my life wizard (who has 3 sets), and various pieces to boost, and have a questing buddy. I'm NOT asking for DM style gear at every turn. Gear has always been an issue in the game. The bazaar seems to be just that for gear, bazaar. It really only starts to make sense for gear later on in the game, until about mid 80's or so, then it all starts falling apart. There's some good items there, but it's more of a hodgepodge of useless items except for that one off fight like the Turn Up The Sun quest. I don’t have the money others do to have the biggest and baddest, nor do I have the time to farm DM to no end to get what is becoming a NEEDED gear combination. This was my fear with the DM spells, and guess what, the gear and spells have now become mandatory.

The challenge should ALWAYS be doable for all players in the game's rating (E10+). KI seems to have lost sight of that.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

~Vanessa Mythdust
a thousand times, this.

i) people who have a hard time finding groups suffer because they can't find groups and therefore get stuck. if you've made it past level 5, chances are strategy is a non-issue.

ii) the players who are struggling simply don't have the stats needed to survive because the best gear is in these "optional" dungeons and there is no viable crafted or purchasable alternative.

as i've said a zillion times before: if it is the best gear in-game and has no alternative, then the instance is not optional.

-von

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
They actually did tone down the mobs. Polaris was way too easy for the level which is making this world "appear" more difficult.

I have done several random team ups and mob battles just for kicks and my observation is that people are not lacking in gear they are just waiting too long to hit.

Deck setup seems to be the biggest issue here. If you stand in front of any enemy long enough you are going to die, pretty simple.

I have yet to get hit with this so-called 4k natural attack. Personally I am tired of them dumbing down the game constantly.

If you are truly a casual player than it really does not matter how long it takes to progress, I should know, been there done that.

If you want a mindless game play solitaire.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Gemma Luna on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
Boosting companion powers, and including them on more challenging sections is another way to help casual players get through content, but still allowing more ambitions players to repeat or farm at a higher level of difficulty.
I like this idea a lot. Ozzy and Istar just aren't noticeable, especially when compared to some of the incredible companions we got in Khrysalis.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
AmberRavenSong7 on Dec 11, 2016 wrote:
Those are some nice soap boxes you guys are standing on. However, I notice that no one says a word about the part where it takes very little effort to learn the strategies. Very very little.Personally, I like Duelist for my game tips, they break it down quite nicely. This is a family game after all, so the strategies are always pretty simple too. I am sure even a learning disabled child could, for instance, beat Yevgeny in under 5 rounds. As long as they can count to 5 and place some feints.For sure, my 6 year old could beat gold key Krampus, with the right strategy that is. It isn't really so much to ask, for a little challenge. Its easy to step up, and yes, I know you can.You had Polaris for your insanely too easy for a max world. Let Mirage be what it should be, a more difficult world than Khrysalis with more difficult bosses. It just makes sense.

Amber
Amber,

With all due respect, for someone who balks at having your condescension pointed out, you certainly keep going back to it. Your comment about a learning disabled child is monumentally offensive and privileged, and you most likely aren't even aware of the effect.

We all understand: You have the greatest gear, the greatest pet, and your friends are always on at the same time you are, and you never, ever use team up, because all your awesome friends are the only awesome team you need. And you have tons of free time to peruse multiple online guides, studying strategies and taking notes. Kudos to you, bravo, etc., but does it not occur to you that many others do not have all that *awesomeness* in their wizard lives?

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
The average player is not looking for a walk in the park game. We realize that things have to get harder as we get stronger. The problem here is that the difficulty takes leaps and bounds not the stair steps up that a FAMILY game should take. The reason the target audience is complaining is because somehow the hardcore found this game and migrated to it then complained and complained that it was too easy. They tried to change it into their image and have been succeeding since CL. If they didn't like the game as it was why did they come here? They should have stayed in more challenging games or accepted this game for the niche game it is, and enjoyed what it had to offer.

Almost every game out there is geared toward the hardcore. Why do they have to take one more game from us? There are very few family games out there. Games that the whole family, from younger children to grandmas, can enjoy.

PS. By difficulty I'm not just talking about the strength and cunning of the enemies. I'm also referring to lack of decent gear options that do not involve farming with tediously bad RNG. We want crafting back. Also, we are tired of the nerfing of our stats when we do manage to get our hands on something decent. There are a lot of things that make a game unfun for the average player. I enjoy strategy. I hate having my hands tied in artificial ways to make a game "difficult".

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Black Pearl on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
The average player is not looking for a walk in the park game. We realize that things have to get harder as we get stronger. The problem here is that the difficulty takes leaps and bounds not the stair steps up that a FAMILY game should take. The reason the target audience is complaining is because somehow the hardcore found this game and migrated to it then complained and complained that it was too easy. They tried to change it into their image and have been succeeding since CL. If they didn't like the game as it was why did they come here? They should have stayed in more challenging games or accepted this game for the niche game it is, and enjoyed what it had to offer.

Almost every game out there is geared toward the hardcore. Why do they have to take one more game from us? There are very few family games out there. Games that the whole family, from younger children to grandmas, can enjoy.

PS. By difficulty I'm not just talking about the strength and cunning of the enemies. I'm also referring to lack of decent gear options that do not involve farming with tediously bad RNG. We want crafting back. Also, we are tired of the nerfing of our stats when we do manage to get our hands on something decent. There are a lot of things that make a game unfun for the average player. I enjoy strategy. I hate having my hands tied in artificial ways to make a game "difficult".
Very well stated.

I don't understand why those who want extremely hard content want to take something that casual players and families with kids have enjoyed and turn it into something that is driving the target audience away.

I and many others in the same target audience have been paying for years to play but it is getting to the point the game is losing it's appeal. As other have already mentioned, the main story line should be kept intact for EVERYONE and then add those optional dungeons. Also the gear regardless of difficulty should be available to all, not just a few.

I have tried some of the other games and don't care for the extremes they go to. This one used to be fun and enjoyable to come to after a day in the real world. We have enough challenge daily so why does it have to be more grind here?

Several suggestions have been made that makes this game continue to be what many of us pay to play. The fun and enjoyment is all but gone now and many are leaving or have already left.

Community Leader
My goodness, there are a lot of assumptions about me as a person and player going on here. So, I feel the need to speak up. I always team up to help others. I always hatch with friends and strangers. I am friendly and resist the urge to "coach" unless asked. On average, I have maybe an hour to play per day, if Im lucky. My friends are not always on when I am, but I always make new friends in crowded realms and in team up. When speaking of strategy I said, If the child can count to 5 and place a few feints, they can do it. I know this for sure because I have been there, done that. Learning disabilities are all as unique and different as we all are, I acknowledge that. I do very much apologize if my words offended, guess I should have been more clear there, but things got heated. I stand by my statement that this world should be harder than Khrysalis, with more difficult bosses. I agree that crafting should be an option. Hope that clears things up. See you on team up.
Amber

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Black Pearl on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:

Had they not nerfed Aztea and then made Khyrsalis and Polaris was too easy, this would not have been a great step up. Hold on a bit they nerf everything eventually.

As for the bosses here they are way more tame than Khyrsalis as far as cheats go.

But seriously take a look at your deck and see what you can do to be able to hit sooner, even the mobs with 8k health (which are only the ice ones btw) should not need more than 3 blades to kill.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Jasmine3429 on Dec 13, 2016 wrote:
They actually did tone down the mobs. Polaris was way too easy for the level which is making this world "appear" more difficult.

I have done several random team ups and mob battles just for kicks and my observation is that people are not lacking in gear they are just waiting too long to hit.

Deck setup seems to be the biggest issue here. If you stand in front of any enemy long enough you are going to die, pretty simple.

I have yet to get hit with this so-called 4k natural attack. Personally I am tired of them dumbing down the game constantly.

If you are truly a casual player than it really does not matter how long it takes to progress, I should know, been there done that.

If you want a mindless game play solitaire.
I have to disagree with you on this world appearing difficult. All I can say is that it actually is a very difficult world for the level. Many people have the same problems in Celestia.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
dayerider on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
What Im finding, is a trend of harder difficulty, with little reward. The gear that's available is complete junk. The gear in the bazaar isnt even an option anymore, because the gear you find has so few stats on it. The quantity of different stats on the gear is low. Let me explain what I mean. We have 11 stats. If my fire were to use the L112 Djinn set, he'd upgrade 4 stats. If he used various lower level gear, he'd upgrade 10 stats.

At L102, gone is the strategy to use an off school wand to get rid of weaknesses on yourself or shields off of your enemies. I don’t mind the damage Im losing out on, because I’ll take a 20 point wand hit to clear out weaknesses and shields for a 10,000 point fire from above (as an example). I don’t mind adapting, but I DON’T like having to bloat my deck because a valid strategy is no longer available.

We’re being made to farm the really hard areas in order to compensate for the new direction of the game. I already carry 2 sets of gear with me on all but my life wizard (who has 3 sets), and various pieces to boost, and have a questing buddy. I'm NOT asking for DM style gear at every turn. Gear has always been an issue in the game. The bazaar seems to be just that for gear, bazaar. It really only starts to make sense for gear later on in the game, until about mid 80's or so, then it all starts falling apart. There's some good items there, but it's more of a hodgepodge of useless items except for that one off fight like the Turn Up The Sun quest. I don’t have the money others do to have the biggest and baddest, nor do I have the time to farm DM to no end to get what is becoming a NEEDED gear combination. This was my fear with the DM spells, and guess what, the gear and spells have now become mandatory.

The challenge should ALWAYS be doable for all players in the game's rating (E10+). KI seems to have lost sight of that.
What Im finding, is a trend of harder difficulty, with little reward.

I agree. The story just isn't enough to carry me through anymore. The how has become irrelevant because the why steadily fades. When I ask myself why I continue to play, I don't have an answer. Strategy guides at this point are really meaningless because I really don't care what I have to do to succeed in a game that I don't want to play anymore.

KI has a different vision now than they had when I first started, and it's not one I share. I don't expect them to make any changes to Mirage or anything else for my sake. I am ok with rejoining the over 7 billion people in this world who don't play this game, most of whom are doing just fine. For those who are happy with the direction game play is going, KI can continue to craft the game to appeal to them. At this point I don't care what they do because this is their game, not mine.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
Jasmine3429 on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
Had they not nerfed Aztea and then made Khyrsalis and Polaris was too easy, this would not have been a great step up. Hold on a bit they nerf everything eventually.

As for the bosses here they are way more tame than Khyrsalis as far as cheats go.

But seriously take a look at your deck and see what you can do to be able to hit sooner, even the mobs with 8k health (which are only the ice ones btw) should not need more than 3 blades to kill.
they had to tone down on the cheats here as some of the hits can be 1k-3k

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
frostednutella on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
I have to disagree with you on this world appearing difficult. All I can say is that it actually is a very difficult world for the level. Many people have the same problems in Celestia.
What I am finding as I am questing various wizards through mirage is that most people are failing for the simple fact that they are standing in front of the mobs too long.

Again I am going to say that deck setup is a crucial part of success. Make a mob deck and a boss deck if you have to. Mob decks should be a few blades; trained, sharp, pet, tc for example and a couple of hits with enchants. Being able to cast a buff every hand until you can hit will greatly increase the chance you can kill the mob before they kill you.

Again, I have to say I have yet to be hit for 3k by anyone in Mirage, I would love to see some evidence of this, which mobs in which area are doing this exactly?

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
High Five Ghost on Dec 15, 2016 wrote:

I agree. The story just isn't enough to carry me through anymore. The how has become irrelevant because the why steadily fades. When I ask myself why I continue to play, I don't have an answer. Strategy guides at this point are really meaningless because I really don't care what I have to do to succeed in a game that I don't want to play anymore.

KI has a different vision now than they had when I first started, and it's not one I share. I don't expect them to make any changes to Mirage or anything else for my sake. I am ok with rejoining the over 7 billion people in this world who don't play this game, most of whom are doing just fine. For those who are happy with the direction game play is going, KI can continue to craft the game to appeal to them. At this point I don't care what they do because this is their game, not mine.
"What Im finding, is a trend of harder difficulty, with little reward."

This exactly! I just don't get it. Why do people (myself included atm) still play? I know right now I am playing because I am a needed life wizard for the few friends that are still left. I am almost level 118 and have not gotten any drops that are decent. Just useless seeds, low level pet snacks, and a few gems here and there. I did get a very few gear pieces but they were so bad they were sold right away.

I don't get why some people actually LIKE this and defend it! OK, maybe some like challenging things, but come on, you really like to work hard for nothing? Isn't your time and effort worth more than that? I know mine is. I really don't know how much longer KI can keep this up. There are so many games out there with MUCH better rewards for the effort. Come on, its just pixels people.

I had to lol at the comments about the problem is in our card decks and not our gear. I guess implying that if we weren't able to get the best gear for whatever reason (tedious RNG and lots of junk bloating the loot tables maybe?), that we should be just fine. They seem to think its not a gear thing at all lol. Well, I hear by challenge all those people to put on ZF gear, equip their perfectly prepared decks, and then see how far they get in Mirage. Oh and yeah, do it like I do, just me and one other person. Oh and another thing, no storms allowed. Let's do ice and life, or something like that. Use schools that don't hit as hard. Now see how long it takes to knock those enemies down when you don't have the stats. It IS about gear and how many friends you have available when you are able to play. And team up doesn't work on mobs. What will happen to players who get to Mirage after all the crowds leave? Even crowded realms will be a desert (pun intended lol). Who will help them fight those mobs then?

We need decent rewards for our efforts. It makes for happy players.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
High Five Ghost on Dec 15, 2016 wrote:

yes, i agree that this is part of the problem.

we slog for hours, and for what? the drops are awful, and there's virtually nothing worth keeping. i remember when leveling up was something we looked forward to (better gear, new spells, etc), rather than a punishment (nerfed stats via decay with no way to compensate for it, bosses that can kill you in 2 hits if you're questing alone).

i am taking one wizard through mirage, and that is it. by the time i'm able to take the others, everyone i know wll have already completed the world and i will have to solo it. and, since soloing is effectively dead under the new system, my other wizards don't stand a chance.

i agree that this new vision for the game is not one that i share, and i have no good answer as to why i keep coming back. perhaps it's nostalgia, or maybe i still have hope that the game will be fun again someday. i don't know. but, now that i can only play during school breaks, perhaps it won't be such a drain.

-von

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
Jewels, reagents, and seeds... maybe a theme here and there. I agree that the drops are not very inspiring in Mirage. Perhaps the drops could be crowns to purchase a life henchman, which I have had to purchase quite frequently when I have had to solo bosses and dungeons.

I'd like to respond to an earlier comment about setting up your deck for mobs. I think most of us at this level are setting up our mob decks with the big hit, enchants, and several blades. Unfortunately, some schools don't have a variety of AoEs that are as powerful as Storm. And when I do finally get a shadow pip to use my strongest AoE spell, I've been standing there for awhile in my attack gear so I've sacrificed more resistance. If I forego the shadow spell and don't critical, my hit, with a variety of blades, may not be the 6k or 7k needed to kill the mob. Maybe when I get my Storm character through, I'll have a different experience.

I just got one character through. Dr. Von, I'll be trying to get my others through over the holiday break - I'd be happy to team up with you (and anyone else).

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
EmmalineWillowsong on Dec 16, 2016 wrote:
Jewels, reagents, and seeds... maybe a theme here and there. I agree that the drops are not very inspiring in Mirage. Perhaps the drops could be crowns to purchase a life henchman, which I have had to purchase quite frequently when I have had to solo bosses and dungeons.

I'd like to respond to an earlier comment about setting up your deck for mobs. I think most of us at this level are setting up our mob decks with the big hit, enchants, and several blades. Unfortunately, some schools don't have a variety of AoEs that are as powerful as Storm. And when I do finally get a shadow pip to use my strongest AoE spell, I've been standing there for awhile in my attack gear so I've sacrificed more resistance. If I forego the shadow spell and don't critical, my hit, with a variety of blades, may not be the 6k or 7k needed to kill the mob. Maybe when I get my Storm character through, I'll have a different experience.

I just got one character through. Dr. Von, I'll be trying to get my others through over the holiday break - I'd be happy to team up with you (and anyone else).
I have been in mob battles in mirage where people pulled out the following cards:

single school trap
non damage bubbles
odd set shields
sprites?
or just plain passed, I am assuming they had nothing useful to use that turn.

I actually had one guy cast windstorm and then his mass prism over it, he never used any kind of blade. Had another cast a single prism on each mob creature in turn (4 of them).

So I am going to disagree with your here, there are tons of wizards out there with totally full "dumpster fire" decks trying to finish off a mob and dying due to not pulling what they actually need.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
EmmalineWillowsong on Dec 16, 2016 wrote:

I agree with this. As a myth wizard, my only two decent AOE spells are Mystic Colossus (Shadow Spell) and Humongofrog. If I don't get a shadow pip, I'll have to place a lot more buffs because of how much weaker Humongofrog is. Some things just can't be fixed with a deck - experiences will change based on what school people are playing.

My deck had:
  • 3 Mythblades
  • 1 Sharp
  • 1 Item Sharp
  • 1 Item Blade
  • 1 TC Blade
  • 1 Mystic Colossus
  • 1 Humongofrog
  • 2 Epic

It's a pretty small deck, but that doesn't mean I won't be standing around if a shadow pip doesn't show.

That said, I finished Mirage a few days ago and it felt much easier and faster than it was on test realm. It's not a piece of cake by far, but it's a big difference from what test realm was. I personally got through it just fine, but I can see and understand why people are having trouble.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Jasmine3429 on Dec 15, 2016 wrote:
What I am finding as I am questing various wizards through mirage is that most people are failing for the simple fact that they are standing in front of the mobs too long.

Again I am going to say that deck setup is a crucial part of success. Make a mob deck and a boss deck if you have to. Mob decks should be a few blades; trained, sharp, pet, tc for example and a couple of hits with enchants. Being able to cast a buff every hand until you can hit will greatly increase the chance you can kill the mob before they kill you.

Again, I have to say I have yet to be hit for 3k by anyone in Mirage, I would love to see some evidence of this, which mobs in which area are doing this exactly?
People are complaining about mobs having too much health, they can't kill them in time to not die from the mob. Also, not everyone is as familiar with the game as others and can't set up their deck as well as others. I am speaking for the people who I have witnessed having problems with the mobs. At the moment, I have not had any difficulty but I have seen people having the difficulty and can feel for them. I wasn't the one who mentioned being hit 3k but I can imagine it happening.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
So are you all saying the game should be at a level that there is never a chance to be defeated regardless of how you play?

I was once a so-called "casual" player. Back when the last world was dragonspyre and no one had universal resist but ice, pets did nothing but look cute, and you could not buy whatever treasure card you happened to need at the time.

Guess what, I died, sometimes quite a bit. I remember having to do one boss in DS 5 times before I defeated them over the course of a few days even. Did I care, no not really, I was playing to relax not in some great race to finish the game. I kept going and figured it out. As a "Casual" player, what is the hurry to finish everything in a week really?

I played with my then 10 year old son, and yes kids get upset when their character is defeated, but it is a good lesson in losing gracefully in my opinion. Getting every win is not realistic nor does it teach children anything but to feel entitled.

Best thing about wiz, is you die, you come back to life.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
frostednutella on Dec 16, 2016 wrote:
People are complaining about mobs having too much health, they can't kill them in time to not die from the mob. Also, not everyone is as familiar with the game as others and can't set up their deck as well as others. I am speaking for the people who I have witnessed having problems with the mobs. At the moment, I have not had any difficulty but I have seen people having the difficulty and can feel for them. I wasn't the one who mentioned being hit 3k but I can imagine it happening.
i've been hit for 3-4k quite a few times since starting mirage.

just this morning, a storm critter (not even a boss) hit me for 1877 damage~ that's not counting the critical that i miraculously blocked for once; otherwise, he would have hit me for almost 4k damage and i would have been close enough to dead that healing wouldn't have made a difference (balance's heal over time isn't worth using if you have less than 75% health, since the initial heal is so small that it won't help you if you're near defeat).

i'm tempted to start taking screenshots of some of these hits, because you can't make this stuff up.

-von

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
Hey, I sadly disagree with you. I am a casual player and I find the challenges quite fun actually. Kingslsle only made mirage harder because people complained about how easy Polaris was. I personally do not think they should change the mobs. I hope this doesn't make anyone mad I am just saying that I thought the challenges were really fun. Besides you don't have to quest alone.

Morgan Darkrider 120

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Some people think that casual players are afraid of dying. This is not the case. The sad thing is that they die too much. In fact they die so much that in a lot of cases they get hopelessly stuck at a boss, or in the case of Mirage, a mob. I just helped a friend last night who had been stuck at Morganthe for over six months! Admittedly, her gear could have been a lot better so no one wanted to team up with her.

In the case of the Mirage mobs, once the speedy, hardcore wave goes thru, we all know its going to be a ghost town, and we all know that team up won't work for open world mobs. Yeah people aren't supposed to quest alone yada, yada, yada, but I don't think a lot of people are listening. Many of these players have to play at odd hours due to work and school obligations. One of my friends has a heavy college load that makes it very hard for her to play with others. For her to play with me she has to be on at one and two in the morning due to the time difference.

The casual players are not trying to finish Mirage in a week. Many are happy just to finish at all. If there are any that seem to be in a rush its because they know they need help and have no friends on when they need them, so they are hoping to get help before the world becomes a ghost town.