Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seventh Character?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
I've purchased membership, mainly to get the free training point buy-back, and to make this post.

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to video games, especially my favorite video games, like Wizard101. I am getting very close to maxing out all my wizards, and with Mirage coming out, I'm looking forward to advance in the game even more.

However, there's something that really gives me OCD. Six characters slots, seven schools.

I mentioned this to Kingsisle a couple times on social media, but it seems that they gave me the cold shoulder. I would love to experience the game on a balance wizard, since I can't get a balance wizard (due to the max character limit). Heck, I'd spend money to unlock it, but no more than $10. (No more than $10, because I'd spend money for months of membership just to progress on the character.)

So, KI, I hope you're listening. I, as well as many other people who support this suggestion, would really look forward to seeing this addition to the game in action. Seven characters would work in the character selection screen, since one desk is always available when a wizard is chosen.

Maybe you're saving this for the future, maybe it was never a thought, but I'm begging you, please add this to the game. Looking forward to seeing what others say about this suggestion.

Thanks.
-Eric Nightshade Level 110
-Eric Dragonshard Level 110
-Eric Greenshard Level 110
-Eric Legenddreamer Level 110
-Eric Soulrider Level 90
-Eric Legendwalker Level 70

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
eric56379 on Nov 19, 2016 wrote:
I've purchased membership, mainly to get the free training point buy-back, and to make this post.

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to video games, especially my favorite video games, like Wizard101. I am getting very close to maxing out all my wizards, and with Mirage coming out, I'm looking forward to advance in the game even more.

However, there's something that really gives me OCD. Six characters slots, seven schools.

I mentioned this to Kingsisle a couple times on social media, but it seems that they gave me the cold shoulder. I would love to experience the game on a balance wizard, since I can't get a balance wizard (due to the max character limit). Heck, I'd spend money to unlock it, but no more than $10. (No more than $10, because I'd spend money for months of membership just to progress on the character.)

So, KI, I hope you're listening. I, as well as many other people who support this suggestion, would really look forward to seeing this addition to the game in action. Seven characters would work in the character selection screen, since one desk is always available when a wizard is chosen.

Maybe you're saving this for the future, maybe it was never a thought, but I'm begging you, please add this to the game. Looking forward to seeing what others say about this suggestion.

Thanks.
-Eric Soulrider Level 90
I don't think KI is ignoring it. I heard a few months ago KI is reconsidering the possibility after they said no a few times because more and more people are asking for it. I think a seventh wizard slot is a good idea.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I swear there's another post about exactly this every week. While KI hasn't outright gone 'It's not going to happen': it's not going to happen. As it is, if people want to experience all seven schools, they create two accounts, which means double the profits for KI. Adding this feature might make a group of players more happy, but it would lose quite a bit of money for KI.

Let's say there's 1,000 players currently using two accounts, I'm certain there's more but nonetheless, and all of them are using a 12-month membership on all accounts, at the advertised ~$80. In fact, with the sales, I'll call it $70 per membership. With this seventh character, there'd only be a need for 1,000 memberships: making $70,000 a year. Without it, they'd be making $140,000 a year. Just from 1,000 players that's $70,000 they'd lose. That's quite a bit of money.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
This has been discussed from the beginning. It will never change. To get the seventh wizard, you must either delete one or start a second account. The second account is their goal because it generates money and money keeps the game going. Sorry, this will not change no matter how much we ask.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Blaze and RavenLady don't be mad that this get's brought up. It is a highly requested feature and there are many people who would enjoy it. That being said, yes you are right that KI does seem a little hesitant to add this feature. Is it about the potential for lost sales? Maybe in part, but I don't think that's the main issue. You see you can very easily make this feature available for only if you have an active membership or a one time purchase this will off set some of the cost of adding another person. I also think that the main reason people make a second account is not only to try all schools, but really just to have a second account to help them progress, having their main wizard help them blast through on their other school. Also for example, I have more than one account and they really haven't made much off in terms of "double membership or anything" 95% of my purchases are for my main account. And if I don't pay membership for the second one it's not really making them money for "making me" have a second account. (Really Storm just isn't that great for me anyway, and I'm probably not going to activate the other account unless my little cousin will play again.) Anyway, I don't think it will cut in as much as you suggest and I do believe they can offset the costs. I think the real issue is the server space. Think about how much information your character has they have all of their spells, names, houses, quest completion logs, gear, banks, friends etc. You'd be adding more too it. I think that's probably the main concern. I know that I'd almost certainly purchase those "commonly requested features" 7th character and name change etc. Perhaps it will be included in some form? I know Factions were always a requested feature and in an attempt to qualm some people there are the new "faction vendors" in Mirage. Not quite, what some people meant, but I think a very good solution. I guess in conclusion, it may change, and I hope that it one day does, but we'll see.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 20, 2016 wrote:
I swear there's another post about exactly this every week. While KI hasn't outright gone 'It's not going to happen': it's not going to happen. As it is, if people want to experience all seven schools, they create two accounts, which means double the profits for KI. Adding this feature might make a group of players more happy, but it would lose quite a bit of money for KI.

Let's say there's 1,000 players currently using two accounts, I'm certain there's more but nonetheless, and all of them are using a 12-month membership on all accounts, at the advertised ~$80. In fact, with the sales, I'll call it $70 per membership. With this seventh character, there'd only be a need for 1,000 memberships: making $70,000 a year. Without it, they'd be making $140,000 a year. Just from 1,000 players that's $70,000 they'd lose. That's quite a bit of money.
I'm going to be honest, they're not going to lose money.

If Kingsisle let us get a seventh character on the same account, that means I'd still spend $80 per year, while spending $50 on the level 50 elixir, spending money on energy elixirs for training, and yet again, even more money on crowns. I mentioned the idea of making the extra character slot cost money to unlock, like 5,000 crowns. I'm requesting such a low amount because I'd easily spend over $100 on the game.

Then again, many people don't want to buy the elixir, many people do. That's why I threw the crown option to unlock the character slot. Or Kingsisle could be generous enough, and make it free, since they understand that we will spend more money on membership.

-Eric Soulrider Level 93

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
It's interesting how people are speaking for KI and be their Financial Adviser as if they run the place. Only KI knows what they will and will never do. Only KI knows what they can and can not afford. Just because something isn't add in yet doesn't mean it will never happen. The last time I heard over the summer, KI is reconsidering the possibility to add a 7th wizard because more and more player are coming forward with this idea

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
It's interesting how people are speaking for KI and be their Financial Adviser as if they run the place. Only KI knows what they will and will never do. Only KI knows what they can and can not afford. Just because something isn't add in yet doesn't mean it will never happen. The last time I heard over the summer, KI is reconsidering the possibility to add a 7th wizard because more and more player are coming forward with this idea
I apologise if I gave off such an air of authority. I thought my calculations at the end were a bit too much like that, but everything I said in that paragraph is true. And I'm sorry if you thought I meant that was the sole reason it's unlikely to happen. Money is important, and is likely a large factor in such a decision, but it's not the only one. There's also, as exp613 mentioned, the programming and memory requirements to consider. I think a Crowns Cost/Membership Requirement would be necessary for such a feature, because while KI may not be making much from second accounts; they're definitely making something. I think the membership idea works best, but would be the most difficult to manage. For instance, what if the membership runs out right before you do something important? Or while you're doing such a thing? Where would the character be stored? Could it be edited/managed while a non-member?

How KI would manage such a feature aside, I was definitely too dismissive in my first post. While I stay adamant that a feature like this is extremely unlikely to happen, I don't know anything more about KI than anyone else on this forum. IMO, the 3rd arc at least will be over before this is added, if it's ever added at all.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
Yes, I agree with everything you just said. :D

I did recall KI mentioning it on KI Live, so I'm looking forward to what they think about the seventh character addition.

-Eric Soulrider Level 93

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
I apologise if I gave off such an air of authority. I thought my calculations at the end were a bit too much like that, but everything I said in that paragraph is true. And I'm sorry if you thought I meant that was the sole reason it's unlikely to happen. Money is important, and is likely a large factor in such a decision, but it's not the only one. There's also, as exp613 mentioned, the programming and memory requirements to consider. I think a Crowns Cost/Membership Requirement would be necessary for such a feature, because while KI may not be making much from second accounts; they're definitely making something. I think the membership idea works best, but would be the most difficult to manage. For instance, what if the membership runs out right before you do something important? Or while you're doing such a thing? Where would the character be stored? Could it be edited/managed while a non-member?

How KI would manage such a feature aside, I was definitely too dismissive in my first post. While I stay adamant that a feature like this is extremely unlikely to happen, I don't know anything more about KI than anyone else on this forum. IMO, the 3rd arc at least will be over before this is added, if it's ever added at all.
I don't know how KI set up their computer system but I do know that all the data is stored in their computer memory bank. So everything you buy, do and add to your wizard, house etc regardless if you have a membership or not goes directly to KI's main (Mother) computer. When and if KI does add a feature to the game's program like a 7th wizard, all they have to do is add it in where the other 6 are and their computer does the rest if the system is set up for a character add on with out ruining the game. Not to worry, I'm sure KI"s Mother computer has a few backup systems. They may even have their games on discs for save keeping.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 20, 2016 wrote:

This discussion is really repetitive. The seventh wizard can cost mon-..zzz...zzz.z.zzz.z..

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
exp613 on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
Blaze and RavenLady don't be mad that this get's brought up. It is a highly requested feature and there are many people who would enjoy it. That being said, yes you are right that KI does seem a little hesitant to add this feature. Is it about the potential for lost sales? Maybe in part, but I don't think that's the main issue. You see you can very easily make this feature available for only if you have an active membership or a one time purchase this will off set some of the cost of adding another person. I also think that the main reason people make a second account is not only to try all schools, but really just to have a second account to help them progress, having their main wizard help them blast through on their other school. Also for example, I have more than one account and they really haven't made much off in terms of "double membership or anything" 95% of my purchases are for my main account. And if I don't pay membership for the second one it's not really making them money for "making me" have a second account. (Really Storm just isn't that great for me anyway, and I'm probably not going to activate the other account unless my little cousin will play again.) Anyway, I don't think it will cut in as much as you suggest and I do believe they can offset the costs. I think the real issue is the server space. Think about how much information your character has they have all of their spells, names, houses, quest completion logs, gear, banks, friends etc. You'd be adding more too it. I think that's probably the main concern. I know that I'd almost certainly purchase those "commonly requested features" 7th character and name change etc. Perhaps it will be included in some form? I know Factions were always a requested feature and in an attempt to qualm some people there are the new "faction vendors" in Mirage. Not quite, what some people meant, but I think a very good solution. I guess in conclusion, it may change, and I hope that it one day does, but we'll see.
If they make more profits by adding a seventh wizard, they could buy more server space. Plus, creating a second account is probably even worse. If you buy a second account, you could create 6 wizards. If you buy a seventh wizard, you can create 1 wizard.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 22, 2016 wrote:
I don't know how KI set up their computer system but I do know that all the data is stored in their computer memory bank. So everything you buy, do and add to your wizard, house etc regardless if you have a membership or not goes directly to KI's main (Mother) computer. When and if KI does add a feature to the game's program like a 7th wizard, all they have to do is add it in where the other 6 are and their computer does the rest if the system is set up for a character add on with out ruining the game. Not to worry, I'm sure KI"s Mother computer has a few backup systems. They may even have their games on discs for save keeping.
By stored I primarily meant on the character selection screen. If unused: where would it go?

Also, Fable Finder, don't yawn at a key point just because you think it's repetitive. And I'm not sure what you mean by making more profits on a 7th wizard, or how 1 wizard is better than 6. But, to be fair, it is midnight for me right now so I could just be tired and misunderstanding.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2015
RavenLady777 on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
This has been discussed from the beginning. It will never change. To get the seventh wizard, you must either delete one or start a second account. The second account is their goal because it generates money and money keeps the game going. Sorry, this will not change no matter how much we ask.
I agree, and I've seen about 30 topics about this... I don't think its ever going to change, sadly.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 22, 2016 wrote:
By stored I primarily meant on the character selection screen. If unused: where would it go?

Also, Fable Finder, don't yawn at a key point just because you think it's repetitive. And I'm not sure what you mean by making more profits on a 7th wizard, or how 1 wizard is better than 6. But, to be fair, it is midnight for me right now so I could just be tired and misunderstanding.
There are more decks on the character selection screen. The 7th wizard will be in one of them. KI would have to make it so those desks will be more visible.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Nov 23, 2016 wrote:
There are more decks on the character selection screen. The 7th wizard will be in one of them. KI would have to make it so those desks will be more visible.
Yeah it seems like there are a few empty desks on each side of the screen.

I am still keeping a few things in the 7th school's gear just in case. I want to level it up fast if it gets added. Good gear will help.