Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Immortals and Deities of the Spiral

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
So something I was wondering today is, who are the true deities of the spiral. Are the Immortals of Aquila the true "Gods" of the Spiral. What about Grandmother Raven, or Ra, or Helios (who technically is a Greek Titan/God which is what the Aquilans are based off of) or Ymir and the Titans.

Another thing is, how powerful are they? Clearly, after a while it was kind of noticeable that the 2 most powerful Death Wizards, Malistaire and Morganthe, were more powerful than even Hades, who is the "God/Immortal" of Death.

What about Cronus? He's a Titan, but he doesn't seem anything like Ymir or the Dragon Titan. Or is he just considered an Immortal?

What are your thoughts on the true Immortals/Deities/Supreme Beings of the Spiral?

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Garret AshFlame on Oct 14, 2016 wrote:
So something I was wondering today is, who are the true deities of the spiral. Are the Immortals of Aquila the true "Gods" of the Spiral. What about Grandmother Raven, or Ra, or Helios (who technically is a Greek Titan/God which is what the Aquilans are based off of) or Ymir and the Titans.

Another thing is, how powerful are they? Clearly, after a while it was kind of noticeable that the 2 most powerful Death Wizards, Malistaire and Morganthe, were more powerful than even Hades, who is the "God/Immortal" of Death.

What about Cronus? He's a Titan, but he doesn't seem anything like Ymir or the Dragon Titan. Or is he just considered an Immortal?

What are your thoughts on the true Immortals/Deities/Supreme Beings of the Spiral?
I read somewhere that Kingsisle said they purposely made the Aquilan creatures "Immortals" and not "Gods". Gods are apparently more powerful than Immortals, and Kingsisle didn't want to make level 90 bosses "Gods" when there are beings much stronger out there... Aquila is also loosely based on Greek mythology, so the term "god" was dropped when transitioning the lore into the Spiral.

I think a person is determined how powerful they are based on how much magical knowledge they have. Malistaire and Morganthe both dabbled in Shadow magic, something which Hades didn't do in Tartarus (but later does in the Exalted duel).

Cronus is a Titan in Greek mythology, but he is turned into an Immortal in the Spiral. There is a big difference between a Greek Titan and a Spiral Titan.

I think the true Deities in the Spiral are the beings that were formed from the elusive Creator and lived before the Firstworld, basically Grandmother Raven, Bartleby, Grandfather Spider, and maybe the Auroracle.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
So I don't think we'll see the title "god or God" in Wizard101 and I'm fine with that, this is all a family friendly game and opening that can of worms might cause problems. (Hence the Immortals) I would agree with FusionSun in that there is The Creator and from him came the beings of the FirstWorld aka "The Grandparents" I would imagine that Immortals are on a Similar plain to Titans perhaps a degree lower or something. Cronus is introduced as a Titan so perhaps he is Grandmother Raven's youngest Titan Child or Something and from him spring the Immortals of Aquila. I would also say that Ra is also an Immortal in the sense the Aquilians are, perhaps he's like a cousin or brother that moved to Krok or something. It's also interesting to note that he's a Bird-being too. I also don't necessarily think that there are Aquilian Immortals for example, Snow Angel/Lord of Winter appear to be almost Immortal Entities that are chosen to safeguard Winter in some way, I would speculate that they too are also Immortals (like you summon the Lord of Winter when you cast the spell not a Lord of Winter) Which also brings up a question of if you summon a Sprite is it the same Sprite Each time? Like is each Wizard Assigned a Sprite or do they take turns and it's just a generic sprite each time?