Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop Complaining About Storm And Pvp!!!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2013
Storm ISN'T Ruined
Ever since the last update for Wizard101, people have been going on and on about storm and pvp. "You've killed storms pvp." "Its so unfair because we are now the worst school." Storm isn't ruined, you just need to adjust. I know plenty of storms that kill pvp even after the update. All you gotta do is get very high storm damage, and start spamming Wild Bolt, and every once and a while, throw in lightning bats or storm shark or something like that. Then go in for the kill with a doom and gloom and infection, and wallah, you've won.

Gear Set Recommendations
For gear, I have it set up in Tiers. The gear is mostly farmed from bosses, but there are a few that you might have to spend some crowns on. Either way, these gear sets will help you on the way to Warlord.

(5-10)Tier 1: Midsummer's Cowl, Jacket of Withstanding, Foot-Gear of Malediction, Nightshades Choker, Heartsteel, Ring of Refreshment, Ascendant Staff

(60-89) Tier 2: Skyscream Hood, Skyscream Cape, Skyscream Boots, Life Mastery Amulet, Amethyst Ring of Battle, Rapture Riders Skull

(90-99) Tier 3: Black Thunder Helm, Black Thunder Armor, Black Thunder Walkers, Life Mastery Amulet, Alpha and Omega Ring, Lexicon Blade

(100-MAX) Tier 4: DARKMOOR GEAR

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The boards show the truth. Storm is the lowest tier school in PvP. Spamming Wild Bolt isn't a strategy, it's dumb luck.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
The Weather Man on Sep 18, 2016 wrote:
Storm ISN'T Ruined
Ever since the last update for Wizard101, people have been going on and on about storm and pvp. "You've killed storms pvp." "Its so unfair because we are now the worst school." Storm isn't ruined, you just need to adjust. I know plenty of storms that kill pvp even after the update. All you gotta do is get very high storm damage, and start spamming Wild Bolt, and every once and a while, throw in lightning bats or storm shark or something like that. Then go in for the kill with a doom and gloom and infection, and wallah, you've won.

Gear Set Recommendations
For gear, I have it set up in Tiers. The gear is mostly farmed from bosses, but there are a few that you might have to spend some crowns on. Either way, these gear sets will help you on the way to Warlord.

(5-10)Tier 1: Midsummer's Cowl, Jacket of Withstanding, Foot-Gear of Malediction, Nightshades Choker, Heartsteel, Ring of Refreshment, Ascendant Staff

(60-89) Tier 2: Skyscream Hood, Skyscream Cape, Skyscream Boots, Life Mastery Amulet, Amethyst Ring of Battle, Rapture Riders Skull

(90-99) Tier 3: Black Thunder Helm, Black Thunder Armor, Black Thunder Walkers, Life Mastery Amulet, Alpha and Omega Ring, Lexicon Blade

(100-MAX) Tier 4: DARKMOOR GEAR
Darkmoor Not Useful anymore "critical are nerf" pointless to farm more critical!

about death wizard with bad juju "at max level 110" can't cleanse of bad juju if are a storm because of indemnity enchanted spell

try beat death wizard "but it fail" he had storm dispel "i was annoying" it also annoying he stalling waiting for me to use insane bolt "so, he use bad juju" make me to waste mine pips" dispel of death and dispel of balance "wouldn't reshuffle mine spell!

least I know insane bolt can't kill you "trying get rid of -90% weakness without wasting storm spells!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Rofl, this is hilarious. When it comes to Ranked 1v1 PvP Storm is the worst school at any level range. Check out the leaderboards-school with the lowest volume there: Storm. Ask anyone who actually partakes in Ranked PvP with any regularity and you will know that Storm is a low Tier School along with Death and Myth at Max LvL. I don't think you know what you are talking about. Doom and Gloom and Infection? In this meta? Wild Bolt Spamming and Sharks? An unreliable strategy that you will be lucky if it takes you past Corporal.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Could Mount Olympus gear be added in there?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
"or something"??

I'm wondering what your primary school and level are. It's easy to say "there's no problem" if you haven't personally experienced the difficulty of playing Storm in high level PvP. It's certainly not that easy to win in the current metagame. Storm still has lowest health and accuracy, fewest counters for shields, and now has lost damage from critical, which was one of our few advantages.

Can some storm wizards win some matches sometimes? sure, but it is currently the bottom tier in the arena.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I wonder if the OP means, "The most recent change to Critical & Block did not actually break Storm further than it already was."

I'd still disagree a little, as Lucky Crits were the one main advantage Storm still had, but I absolutely agree with the change. Critical was breaking PVP all-around, and the change is overwhelmingly beneficial.

Storm should never have had to depend on lucky Criticals - and no school should be depending purely on 2 and 4 pip spam as its only viable win solution. (Yes, Lore spam is real. It's not the only way a Balance can win, by far.) Especially because one of the spells is a "chance of damage."

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
The gear he mentioned is actually good gear though.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
frostednutella on Sep 19, 2016 wrote:
The gear he mentioned is actually good gear though.
Whether the gear he mentioned is good or bad is not related to his assertions. The Storm school is still a low tier school even with Top Tier gear.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Eric Stormbringer on Sep 18, 2016 wrote:
Rofl, this is hilarious. When it comes to Ranked 1v1 PvP Storm is the worst school at any level range. Check out the leaderboards-school with the lowest volume there: Storm. Ask anyone who actually partakes in Ranked PvP with any regularity and you will know that Storm is a low Tier School along with Death and Myth at Max LvL. I don't think you know what you are talking about. Doom and Gloom and Infection? In this meta? Wild Bolt Spamming and Sharks? An unreliable strategy that you will be lucky if it takes you past Corporal.
ignore leaderboard (not real winner) there cheater because rank booster!

rank booster means: when player use a wizard make 2 wizard and use one of there account as a noob closer to puppet team but choice rank pvp "nobody use in rank pvp" example of: 4v4 they use all there noob wizard and main wizard "have all there noob wizard pass with "NO CARD" to get a win instantly

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
I don't have a Storm wizard, but I can definitely understand how the new 1.25x critical hit damage affects the Storm school. Storm highly depends on critical hits to make up for their lack of health and defense. I honestly think that the OP lacks experience and knowledge regarding Storm PvP. I am not even Storm, yet I understand how difficult it can be for Storm to win in PvP. Spamming is not even an option anymore. Spamming was only useful when Storm could crit..

I think it would be fair if Storm critical hits did more damage (only storm hits). Something like 1.50x would be okay--or perhaps a little bit more. I haven't thought of this thoroughly so I'm not sure how much crit. would be fair.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
It's pretty easy to tell who is boosting, by his record.

The highest ranked non booster, currently, is ICE. Many of the others up there with that player are also ICE, then some LIFE and some BALANCE. Storm isn't close.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Angel of Solitude on Sep 20, 2016 wrote:
I don't have a Storm wizard, but I can definitely understand how the new 1.25x critical hit damage affects the Storm school. Storm highly depends on critical hits to make up for their lack of health and defense. I honestly think that the OP lacks experience and knowledge regarding Storm PvP. I am not even Storm, yet I understand how difficult it can be for Storm to win in PvP. Spamming is not even an option anymore. Spamming was only useful when Storm could crit..

I think it would be fair if Storm critical hits did more damage (only storm hits). Something like 1.50x would be okay--or perhaps a little bit more. I haven't thought of this thoroughly so I'm not sure how much crit. would be fair.
doesn't matter about critical "reason why ice so, harder to defeat" hate offense wizard "ice reason why have more heath so, take long to defeat them so, do more damage then just critical a spell "critical not everything of winning pvp" life wizard seem more smarter "more block to use jade" sometime death but mostly death wizard stink at pvp reason why have bad juju as there strategy! not every school use jade gear "life wizard also good attack do good damage with there luminous weaver!

ice just same as life "ice mostly win over life because ice steal absorbs" life win over ice "spam life dispel and spam healing" ice school only life spell to own "that why mine ice train death for secondary healing spell so, can't use life "ice will use death"

I agree storm "pvp not same it was for storm" but can't have school "whatever think stat is best for every school" not going win that easy in pvp"

mostly sick of seeing warlord in pvp "so, annoying practice in pvp by rubbing rank pvp back and pvp gear in our faces!

so, level up mine wizard so, much went get closers to winter reason "glad it fall"

I just can't wait for October to Start!

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
Don't tell me that Storm isn't ruined, you might see storms dominate in PVP, but that would only be luck. Storm IS a ruined school, especially with the critical update. Our damage is the same compared to other schools, our health is way worse, our spells aren't unique, unless you think relying on chance, by wild bolt spamming is unique and a good trait of our school, then this game is broken. Our school needs to be fixed, critical needs to be increased, maybe even just for us, I agree with the life girl/guy who commented, Angel of Solitude I think? But it IS broken, why don't you people who say Storm isn't ruined go make a storm and try pvp out yourself? You won't even be able to get pvp gear, trust me.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
garrett9939 on Oct 16, 2016 wrote:
Don't tell me that Storm isn't ruined, you might see storms dominate in PVP, but that would only be luck. Storm IS a ruined school, especially with the critical update. Our damage is the same compared to other schools, our health is way worse, our spells aren't unique, unless you think relying on chance, by wild bolt spamming is unique and a good trait of our school, then this game is broken. Our school needs to be fixed, critical needs to be increased, maybe even just for us, I agree with the life girl/guy who commented, Angel of Solitude I think? But it IS broken, why don't you people who say Storm isn't ruined go make a storm and try pvp out yourself? You won't even be able to get pvp gear, trust me.
wouldn't be fair to immunity wizard (be waste of pet snack & pet and enemy and farming gold (most don't not as rich as others force on snack on plant (don't have allot time do pet snack) reason why complain about wizard101 maintenance (don't show maintenance there fixing when add a maintenance (say no UPDATE REPLY)

offense doesn't work for me (like use tank better) allot more easy to kill, even use shadow magic (why dark nova such a good spell back the days (people able make good damage with shadow shrike) shielding didn't matter and useful for balance vs a balance dispel spammer (not helping anymore because armor pierce and shadow enchanted spell mostly for storm been remove shadow blade with enfeeble

(Now balance use MC enfeeble on there pet because figure out the trigger of mc enfeeble on pet (like weakness) make pet go crazy with that maycast when balance use a weakness or loremaster clued for others school

(back the day) didn't add tournament in wizard101 (been doing puppets)

puppet more worst in games (beside don't think storm isn't the worst school) seem strong enough at max level even don't disagree because of low level wouldn't matter!