Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fish chests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 20, 2013
Ok, so I've fished for chests in since I started fishing for fish but I still have questions.
Because I am starting to fish for chests because of the battle narwhal mount and evil magma pea seeds, I would really like to know everyone's opinions on chests.

I currently know that chests can be any school ,and are every rank, but I want to know if anyone has a strategy? Like are they significantly smaller? Or are they not affected by lure fish or charm fish? Any and every way you guys use to identify them would be a huge help, thanks!

Thank you again, Connor

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
The only thing I've noticed is they're usually faster than a Dekoi, but slower than the fast Rare/Epic fish that swim fast.

The differences are so subtle though, it's difficult to be absolutely certain most of the time. Size will vary; I've caught chests that looked like small fries and Whoppers. The trick with speed though is that you have to have a general idea of how fast the fish of each school in the pond you're fishing in swim. If you don't, there's little comparison to be made, because speed also slightly varies based on the size of the fish as well.

So far that's the only characteristic I've identified. It's not super helpful, but it's at least something to look for.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
My last bit of advice wasn't entirely accurate, in that I made it seem like the fast "fish" are the only ones that are chests. I just caught a chest in the Commons while looking for an Owl-Eyed Pike. I know they swim slower than Icecudas, and I found a fish that was swimming slower than the others. When I pulled it up, it was a chest.

So it's no just fish swimming faster than Dekois. You have to keep a close eye on all fish and all speed variations. I thought that was the case, but I couldn't specifically remember any examples like the one I just provided until I replicated it.

So with that, I wish you good luck.

Survivor
May 20, 2013
High Five Ghost on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:
My last bit of advice wasn't entirely accurate, in that I made it seem like the fast "fish" are the only ones that are chests. I just caught a chest in the Commons while looking for an Owl-Eyed Pike. I know they swim slower than Icecudas, and I found a fish that was swimming slower than the others. When I pulled it up, it was a chest.

So it's no just fish swimming faster than Dekois. You have to keep a close eye on all fish and all speed variations. I thought that was the case, but I couldn't specifically remember any examples like the one I just provided until I replicated it.

Thanks man! This is surely to help! ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ttttyyyy

Survivor
May 20, 2013
High Five Ghost on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:

Oops I read your comment wrong, if it sounded like sarcasm i'm sorry if not, goody, I really did mean it. Thanks for the help.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Connor ghost on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
Oops I read your comment wrong, if it sounded like sarcasm i'm sorry if not, goody, I really did mean it. Thanks for the help.
Yeah, I got it.

I understand the information is both helpful and not at the same time. It takes some pretty serious dedication and patience picking out those very subtle differences.