Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Changing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Maybe a way to change from a school of magic to another (for example school to school) without having to make a new wizard would be cool.

The only cons to this would be: You can't keep your original school's quest or exclusive spells; The spells from that school (excluding ones that were crafted, dropped, received from packs, or obtained through quests) will be turned into training points to either re-learn those spells or use them on something else; You have to give up any school exclusive pets and items (but will receive gold or crowns from them OR you can sell them if they're No Auction items); You lose the ability to cast that school's spell using power pips without the use of a mastery amulet.

The pros would be: You get a mastery amulet when you enter the new school; You keep any spells learned from trainers (like Sabrina Greenstar), but not the school's teacher; You get a No Auction housing furniture (like maybe a diploma of the school you transferred from); and you can still access areas only wizards of the school you changed from, but can't engage in NPC dialogue in that area.

If it was in a potion form, it would probably be around the price of the level 50 elixir, or 50,000 crowns. But maybe it could be offered in bundles as a choice between crowns, membership, or the elixir.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I think it would be easier and better just to make a new character. I don't think you should be rewarded for changing schools.

Defender
May 16, 2009
If there was a school change elixir, it shouldn't give you training points for school exclusive spells. This would mean a max level wizard that changed would have more training points available to them than a max level wizard who didn't change schools.

For example, a normal max level wizard only has, currently, 50 training points possible. A balance wizard who switches to ice would have 23 extra training points to spend because of school exclusive spells. This means a wizard who has changed has a total of 73 training points. That is an absurd amount of training points, and as a reward for switching schools? I do not agree with this. You can't even relearn those 23 spells because there is no way to permanently obtain them without being in that school.

If there is a school change elixir, it should remove all spells of your old school from your deck, and add the new school spells to your deck up to the appropriate level. No training point rewards, only a normal training point refund. This also means spells learned from trainers are removed because you got your old school's spells for free from there. If you don't remove them, depending on how many spells you've learned from trainers, those are spells you didn't spend points on that you got for free.

Spells from drops, packs, and crafting would be unaffected. Spells from quests would be removed because all school exclusive spells come from quests, both story and side quests.

Other than that, I'm totally fine with receiving a mastery amulet of my old school and housing items.

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
I agree when it comes to changing schools it would be easier to make a new wizard, I mean think of how that would effect the spell quests system, training points, your gear, pets, etc... It's just really complicated, the idea is cool though but I don't see it happening.

I wish Kings Isle would come out with an elixir that would give us an extra character slot because there are seven school and only six character slots, I still haven't been able to try storm because there's only so much room and some of my wizards have made so much progress I feel it would be a waste to delete them.