Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Phony Sidewalks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
hey guys,

Has anyone else noticed that the sidewalks in Wizard 101 have gotten less and less as the game continues to update? As Lydia Greyrose says in the beginning, "Stay on sidewalks to avoid monsters." Is that a myth? I do not see that as fair because I will be standing still on a sidewalk and I will run into an unwanted battle, where sometimes I will die due to low health or level of difficulty. Therefore I sometimes loose my place due to how invisible sidewalks seem to be sometimes. Any comments?

Survivor
Jul 14, 2016
Yeah, there aren't really sidewalks anymore. I think that message really only applied for Wizard City, even though Dragonspyre and Mooshu have sidewalks but you can still get caught.

As for getting around that, you can just quit the game and log back into your wizard and immediately run back so you don't get caught. If you do keep getting caught just keep logging back in and running back until enemies stop pulling you in. This saved me a lot of time from doing unnecessary battles or fleeing and having to walk all the way back to where I was and get mana.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
It really depends on where you are, if you were in sunken city that is meant to happen do it it being a challenging dungeon and also Marleybone and mooshu are glitches in a few areas in terms of the hit box for pulls

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I have not noticed this. Can you give some examples? In fact, over the years it seems to have gotten better, as places like sunken city have gotten better about not letting people get caught in fights from the sidewalk.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
I've noticed that before. I get on the edge as far as I can, and I still get pulled anyways. It's not as the game goes along though. I've noticed it in Krok, Grizzlehiem and Khrysalis and Etc. It's just spaces the need to move the mobs away from the sides