Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Who sent the Wind?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Warning: Here there be spoilers.

As I'm sure you all know, during your graduation ceremony a chill wind of unknown origin sickens Bartleby. The purplish coloration of the wind suggests that it was borne of Shadow Magic, and this wind ultimately leads you to Polaris to stop the Rat's evil plot. But who sent this wind? Surely a wind gust, no matter how cold, could not travel between worlds on its own, which makes me suspect someone sent it. But who? Certainly the Rat would not have done such a thing; without our interference it would have been easy for his Titan to smash the Sky Anchor and bring doom to the Spiral. Grandfather Spider is also a proficient Shadow user, but he likely would not have done so for the same reason. His children can be ruled out as the wind clearly seems to come from Polaris, and they are busy making chaos elsewhere. So who?

Here's a wild guess: perhaps it was Malistaire from beyond the grave, summoning up the cold touch of death to sicken Bartleby in hopes that we would go to Polaris and stop The Rat.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
***spoilers for both Darkmoor and Polaris***

In Darkmoor we put Mali down for the very last time, so it's most likely Old Cob from KH, or one of his children. we're not entirely sure if it came from PL, we just went there because Cyrus suggested talking to Baba Yaga, and we ended up getting mixed up in a lot of other stuff, including coincidentally stumbling upon The Rat and his plot to destroy the Sky Anchor. Even after we finish, Bartleby is still sick, so we must wait until the next world to get more information...

Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
I believe it's Grandfather Spider (Old Cob) because, if you have completed Khrysalis, you will know that he sends out his children to cause chaos in certain worlds, one being Polaris. I f you have completed Polaris you'll know he has FOUR children....on being "The Rat" and when Rasputin is named "The Rat" in final Polaris battle and Grandfather Spider says he is his child, it gives reason that his three other children will be in next three worlds of third arc leaving one world for him to be 3rd arc main boss.

James DragonCrafter 110
James StormBreeze 62

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
James DragonCrafte... on Jan 6, 2016 wrote:
I believe it's Grandfather Spider (Old Cob) because, if you have completed Khrysalis, you will know that he sends out his children to cause chaos in certain worlds, one being Polaris. I f you have completed Polaris you'll know he has FOUR children....on being "The Rat" and when Rasputin is named "The Rat" in final Polaris battle and Grandfather Spider says he is his child, it gives reason that his three other children will be in next three worlds of third arc leaving one world for him to be 3rd arc main boss.

James DragonCrafter 110
James StormBreeze 62
In Zafaria, we learned that Grandfather Spider instead has 3 children. There's Rat, Scorpion, and Bat.

If I'm not mistaken, where did you get there being 4 children? I don't remember in the storyline there being another, but it does make sense that there would be 4 children, considering there will be 4 worlds before we get to the final one with the Grandfather Spider battle.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Robobot1747 on Dec 13, 2015 wrote:

As I'm sure you all know, during your graduation ceremony a chill wind of unknown origin sickens Bartleby. The purplish coloration of the wind suggests that it was borne of Shadow Magic, and this wind ultimately leads you to Polaris to stop the Rat's evil plot. But who sent this wind? Surely a wind gust, no matter how cold, could not travel between worlds on its own, which makes me suspect someone sent it. But who? Certainly the Rat would not have done such a thing; without our interference it would have been easy for his Titan to smash the Sky Anchor and bring doom to the Spiral. Grandfather Spider is also a proficient Shadow user, but he likely would not have done so for the same reason. His children can be ruled out as the wind clearly seems to come from Polaris, and they are busy making chaos elsewhere. So who?

Here's a wild guess: perhaps it was Malistaire from beyond the grave, summoning up the cold touch of death to sicken Bartleby in hopes that we would go to Polaris and stop The Rat.
Considering Malistaire told us to spread good and mercy throughout the Spiral before he passed on, I doubt he would do anything to hurt Bartleby.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
Robobot1747 on Dec 13, 2015 wrote:

Shadow magic is currently the closest thing in the Spiral to reality warping, so it should indeed be possible to send that gust of "wind". However, there's nothing that really guarantees that it actually WAS wind to begin with. Perhaps they used the word for lack of a better term.

Besides, science isn't exactly the Spiral's strongest point. If it was, then the Great War between the titans would have ended up destroying all (or at the very least, most) life. There are a lot of things that happens in the Spiral that can't be explained by applying them to the laws of science. At least, not with what little we truly know about all of it.