Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good Storm Combos?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
Currently I'm doing the Storm/Ice Combo because I prefer damage + defence but I'm hearing a lot about Storm/Death and Storm/Life... any idea as to why?

Is Storm/Ice even viable?

Please help!

- Molly

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Pegasusa on Aug 2, 2015 wrote:
Currently I'm doing the Storm/Ice Combo because I prefer damage + defence but I'm hearing a lot about Storm/Death and Storm/Life... any idea as to why?

Please help!

- Molly
The most viable way is to train schools for a specific school

The normal way to use your training points is the following
Ice to tower (If you pvp)
Life to satyr
Death to feint
Learn the tri blade and trap from Niles of your school
Sun Colossal line all the way
Learn the azteca star spell for your school
Get azteca sun enchants (Potent and Sharpen for all schools, and the healing one if you're life)
and also pick up reshuffle in colossus boulevard

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
First things first: you shouldn't train every spell from a secondary school's professor. The only reason of training Death spells is usually getting Feint, which is a significant boost to your damage. The reason people train Life is heals, and they usually go no further than Satyr, but Sanctuary can be good to have later when you have a surplus of training points if you play as a healer sometimes. Storm/Ice can work, but don't train further than Tower Shield, because anything beyond that is useless to a Storm wizard.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
Alright, thank you both!

So I should be using them on a good majority of schools and then not going past certain points?

- Molly

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Pegasusa on Aug 3, 2015 wrote:
Alright, thank you both!

So I should be using them on a good majority of schools and then not going past certain points?

- Molly
Yes. An exception could be Death, because you don't really need Life's heals, so there isn't much you can spend your training points on before Celestia other than Tower Shield.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2012
Pegasusa on Aug 2, 2015 wrote:

Please help!

- Molly
actually if you craft and hit level 55 storm/ice combo celestian gear gives the highest possible amount of ice damage in game at that level and even higher levels...also its decent for storm as well, and veru viable if you love it, use tc mutates at all, or have an epic ice pet spell you'd like to use..less fizzling with ice in regards to storm as well..do what you like, but creating your own personal wizard playstyle can be fun and rewarding too :3 good luck!
stormy jen silver

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
I am a Storm and train Death.
Reasons why that's the best one out there:

Storm can do magnificent amount of damage.
With Feint, double that.
For me, if I forgot my prisms, Skeletal Pirate saved me like 10 times and counting.
Don't forget drains.
Higher accuracy.
If you want, then train Doom and Gloom so you can be a problem for both attackers and healers in PvP.
A boost to Life. (Literally)

Alexandria Dreamcatcher,

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
My Storm is Storm/Life. The Life aspect has saved me countless times in battle, since I soloed most of the worlds and then teamed up with a friend in K2 at the end of Crescent Beach to finish the current content.

I did not train the regular Feint spell, since Storm doesn't have much health. I didn't want the extra 30% trap on me. I do carry an abundance of TC Feints, which have a 20% trap on me when I use it.

When questing with my Life friend, I take off the Life mastery and put on another good Storm amulet. But, if I need to, I can always put the Life mastery back on and change my pet to a Life one that has all universal talents, but the pet cards are Life-oriented.