Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Auto Pass function.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Hello fellow wizards! I have thought of something that could solve a problem that's been in this game since the beginning. Being AFK in a fight with friends causes the battle to linger on and on becauses it makes the other players wait the whole 30 seconds of a turn through. So why doesn't KI add an auto pass feature. So then when players must go afk they click the button that says "auto-pass" and it makes their character automatically pass on instead of making their teammates wait the thirty seconds. When auto pass is on, a button will appear in the middle of the screen that say's "auto-pass off" when the afk player returns, they can click that and return to battle! Please consider this KI!

Matthew Wyrmblade

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
Personally, I don't like when people join a fight and then go AFK. I don't want to fight with players that are going to keep leaving their computers in the middle of a battle and I think adding this feature will only encourage players to do this more. I know it happens at times and it can't be helped and I can overlook it if it happens once in a while, but when players do this over and over again, I no longer want to battle with them. If you know you can't give your full attention to the battle at that time, don't join the battle.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
matthew wyrmblade on Jul 22, 2015 wrote:
Hello fellow wizards! I have thought of something that could solve a problem that's been in this game since the beginning. Being AFK in a fight with friends causes the battle to linger on and on becauses it makes the other players wait the whole 30 seconds of a turn through. So why doesn't KI add an auto pass feature. So then when players must go afk they click the button that says "auto-pass" and it makes their character automatically pass on instead of making their teammates wait the thirty seconds. When auto pass is on, a button will appear in the middle of the screen that say's "auto-pass off" when the afk player returns, they can click that and return to battle! Please consider this KI!

Matthew Wyrmblade
Haven't they already done something similar? I believe if you leave for more than two rounds, so the timer counts down completely, it automatically passes you and gives you the option to return or flee.

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
wraithcaster on Jul 23, 2015 wrote:
Haven't they already done something similar? I believe if you leave for more than two rounds, so the timer counts down completely, it automatically passes you and gives you the option to return or flee.
No I don't think so

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Linsilee Moonwillo... on Jul 23, 2015 wrote:
Personally, I don't like when people join a fight and then go AFK. I don't want to fight with players that are going to keep leaving their computers in the middle of a battle and I think adding this feature will only encourage players to do this more. I know it happens at times and it can't be helped and I can overlook it if it happens once in a while, but when players do this over and over again, I no longer want to battle with them. If you know you can't give your full attention to the battle at that time, don't join the battle.
Yes but this function would be for instance if you are in darkmoor and all the sudden you have to go eat dinner real quick. Then this could help.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
matthew wyrmblade on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
Yes but this function would be for instance if you are in darkmoor and all the sudden you have to go eat dinner real quick. Then this could help.
No offence but, how about not committing to a fight that's going to take over an hour when you know you're going to have to leave in 1/2 hour. Especially in an instance like Darkmoor. That's only common courtesy. To me it's amazing that so many people do this and evidently think it's just fine with everyone else in the group if they just disappear for ten minutes.

Administrator
wraithcaster on Jul 23, 2015 wrote:
This is true!

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
TucsonWizard on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
No offence but, how about not committing to a fight that's going to take over an hour when you know you're going to have to leave in 1/2 hour. Especially in an instance like Darkmoor. That's only common courtesy. To me it's amazing that so many people do this and evidently think it's just fine with everyone else in the group if they just disappear for ten minutes.
Amen.

And this is why I will only do Darkmoor with a specific few. I've had my gear for ages, I ran it with friends for their gear (counted by the hitter) 83 times until they all had all of their gear. I'm obviously willing to help.

But so help me goodness, if you're rude enough to take my help for granted and leave in the middle of the dungeon, I'm gone. Phone rings, someone comes to the door, have to let dogs in/out, fine. Something you should have known you needed to plan around (shower, dinner, chores) it ain't happening. I'm not wasting my time being more dedicated to your gear than you are.