Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Before Azteca...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Today (6/18/15) I finished Avalon at level 82. I was wondering if anyone knows the best set-up before
taking up Azteca. I just wanna know how to maximize my potential stats w/o buying crowns in the game. I'm level 82 as a Balance Wizard. Also what is the best pet to have at such level?

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Are you willing to craft gear? If not, the basic answer is the same as it was at level 60, go grind out Waterworks gear. If so, you want to look at Avalon crafted gear. If you don't like either of these options, go to the bazaar and buy the best stuff you can find. That covers robe, hat and shoes. If you are soloing and not using a mastery amulet, you want a witch's star amulet. The extra trap is occasionally useful, the extra blade is almost required, keep in mind the item card blade and trap stack with regular learned versions. There are quite a few decent ring and athame options, I am not really familiar with all of them, but you can probably do pretty well just picking up a ring and athame at the bazaar. For wand, if you have waterworks gear you probably want a Sidhe Staff, it gives 13% accuracy which is a great with waterworks balance gear that gives no accuracy bonus. Without an accuracy bonus from somewhere fizzling is always going to be painful. Sidhe Staff can be farmed at mirror lake. If you don't need accuracy I don't really have a good wand recommendation, one of the level 80 wands from the bazaar is not a terrible choice.