Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

May cast blade talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2011
A few days ago during the double xp for pets that ended sunday, I decided to get my Ominous Scarecrow to ancient and I received a may cast deathblade talent. I went to Unicorn way and decided to test it, I went through 25-35 rounds not casting anything just waiting for my pet to cast, and it didn't. It's been about 3 days since I've gotten the talent and I play everyday and it still hasn't casted. Is anyone else having an issue with your pet casting a blade or trap? Or am I just very unlucky?

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
May cast talents tend to have a trigger. Like Sprite after you are hit.
Or may cast pierce might be when an opponent shields.
May cast blades might be after you hit the opponent.
Even when a trigger is tripped, they are still only a percentage cast.
So, it could be that your pet will cast a blade 10% of the time after you hit, or whatever the trigger is.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
if you are just passing there aren't any triggers so it won't cast. I usually get blades when I attack.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
May cast blade/trap talents tend to trigger on wand/attack, blade & trap casting.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
With my first Death Character, this was my favorite talent.
My pet cast it usually during my frenzy of putting blades on myself

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
You must test using battles that last lots of rounds. And you must do things that help trigger the may casts. As mentioned earlier, just passing doesn't do much.

If you want to test the triggers then simply do specific activities for each test. For example, place traps on the enemy over and over and over again. Next test... Wand attack your enemy over and over again. Testing the triggers takes a long time.

My death wizard had a reaper with maycast trap and maycast blade. Completely useless. Mostly triggered after attacks, which is useless for those of us that try to oneshot our enemies. My reaper got retired pretty quick.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Another note...

If you have a pet with a bunch of non-health may cast talents... Nobody will want to hatch with you. Nobody wants them. (unless they feel sorry for you and want to help you out).

Solid predictable talents are prefered (resistance, damage, critical) and the health maycasts.