Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Few Ideas

AuthorMessage
Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Over the past few weeks, I've had a few possible ideas to make the game and PvP more interesting.
First, the matching system. I find it possible that it could be better if it was split into tiers, based more on rank, and rank affects matching less and less as more is gotten: for example, levels 1-19 (before reshuffle) could not battle anyone levels twenty or higher, and possibly another tier levels 20-49, so that low levels couldn't battle people with warlord gear. I think that this would apply mostly to 1v1, as teams could mess things up a bit with high levels teaming with low levels, but this solution could fix the issue of getting paired with high level opponents at low levels and warlords with privates at the same time, hopefully without increasing the time it takes to get a match too much because of rank mattering less as it gets higher.
Second, a few ideas for new spells. I think that schools should get spells that apply more to the niche of their school soon, as some schools are losing that. A few ideas I have: a myth shadow spell that summons 2 minions every turn for several turns. These minions' health would increase every time they were summoned, would probably have a bit of critical and block, would enchant attacks, and would start at about 500 health. The opponent would have to choose whether or not to leave the easier minions on the field and risk taking damage, or kill minions off every turn, possibly not be able to kill the higher health minions, and use a lot of pips. This might be kind of overpowered if done incorrectly, so these minions should only use low pip spells and possibly even die a few turns after the spell duration was over. Another idea: a spell that lasts for somewhere around 2-4 rounds and converts death's damage spells to steal health for 25% of the damage (Again, possibly less if that would be too overpowered). Fire's could increase duration of DoTs for a few turns. Ices could possibly increase resist for 10 rounds by 20%, and that resist would go down by 1% every turn (Ice is kind of underpowered in defense atm, it needs a bit of a boost).
Finally, power pips. As of Darkmoor, and even at lower levels, it is no longer particularly difficult to get 100% power pips. To make the power pip stat more relevant, I think that, for every power pip percent over 100%, there should be a chance to get a triple pip. These should not count into the damage of mana burn, as mana burn is overpowered enough as it is.
I personally think that adding unique spells with these with a matching system with tiers could make PvP more interesting at top level while not completely overpowering lower levels (Darkmoor).