Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New pip suggestion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2015
High rank monsters are getting too much pips when they are staring in the battle and if I can remember got you get +1 Power Pip staff in level 30, so what do you think from 80-90+ levels or less the players will be able to get +2 Power Pips in starting of the battle?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
With the level 100 deck we have 2 power pips and one white on the first round. That's not so bad.
It's all about the shadow pip now. I'd love to start with one of those.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Nikosntokos123 on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
High rank monsters are getting too much pips when they are staring in the battle and if I can remember got you get +1 Power Pip staff in level 30, so what do you think from 80-90+ levels or less the players will be able to get +2 Power Pips in starting of the battle?
I've only had pip problems before level 60 or so, but basically never after that. I don't see how this would be needed.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Nikosntokos123 on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
With the 100 level decks that would make us start with 7 pips (3 power 1 white) that's just overpowered at this point in the game.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2015
I didn't know this, once I am new to Wizard101
Anyway thanks for telling.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:
With the 100 level decks that would make us start with 7 pips (3 power 1 white) that's just overpowered at this point in the game.
I, and many others, would disagree. For too long now we've had 4 pips compared to monsters' 14. Recently, in K2, we got 5 pips, which again, is compared to their 14. I don't think starting off with half the pips would make it too easy. Easier sure, but too easy? Nah. Ignoring Darkmoor for a moment, the next world coming out will probably be starting off with 14 pips and 3 Shadow pips, plus all new shadow magic, and mobs probably hitting 12k with bosses over 50k in the early stages. The end of the world will probably have 2 100k bosses plus 2 40k minions that cheat like mad. Ramping up our power would be a good way to stay on par, plus, if we DID get the +2 PP wands, they wouldnt ever have to upgrade our starting pips again, until they started doing a "super pip", because then, bossess and mobs would start with 21 pips compared to our 5. how do I "know" this? Because KI's method to playing fair is overwhelming brute force attack against the players. Seven pips at start would only level the playing field somewhat. I think what people REALLY fear is the PvP aspect of the +2 power pip wand (which is why it was never introduced; too many PvPers complained about it), and to those people I say, make it PvE only; end of problem

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I dont' see an issue with the starting pips now...
Taking the time to blade, trap, prism, shield...etc, by the time I'm ready to cast my 7 pip spell, or 10 pip depending, I'm already maxed out on power pips...
It just seems to me like a useless add on. Even for pipX spells like tempest and Judgement, startign with 5 pips and no blades or traps, with my balance's 89 to damage, and my storm's 91, I'm doing enough to kill anything I'm facing on the first round until about Zafaria....
After that, 1 blade, maybe 2, and I'm hitting at 9 pips plus damage for WAY more than I need to...

I agree with Seethe, it's just OP fo rthe sake of OP...

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Sarg042 on Jan 15, 2015 wrote:
I dont' see an issue with the starting pips now...
Taking the time to blade, trap, prism, shield...etc, by the time I'm ready to cast my 7 pip spell, or 10 pip depending, I'm already maxed out on power pips...
It just seems to me like a useless add on. Even for pipX spells like tempest and Judgement, startign with 5 pips and no blades or traps, with my balance's 89 to damage, and my storm's 91, I'm doing enough to kill anything I'm facing on the first round until about Zafaria....
After that, 1 blade, maybe 2, and I'm hitting at 9 pips plus damage for WAY more than I need to...

I agree with Seethe, it's just OP fo rthe sake of OP...
many on these forums would disagree with you both, thinking that monsters are the overpowered ones. how do i know this? by the number of people asking for the +2 powerpip wands

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Monsters are indeed overpowered. Players with great teams or extremely powerful gear don't notice it though, because why would they? Everything dies anyway. The ones who suffer are those who have none of the above, and there are a lot of those out there. I think Dorms posters need to remember that they're speaking for potentially millions of people when they say something isn't needed.

Should there be an extra pip? Not sure. If some new piece of gear gives us another pip though, I think it has to come at the expense of something else, like critical rating, block, or damage. Wands are probably the best piece of gear on which to make that tradeoff.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Feel free to disagree, I"ll fight for your righht to do so...
Doesn't change the fact that I have the ability to solo with each of my characters, without the use of the extra pips...

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Lucas Rain on Jan 15, 2015 wrote:
Monsters are indeed overpowered. Players with great teams or extremely powerful gear don't notice it though, because why would they? Everything dies anyway. The ones who suffer are those who have none of the above, and there are a lot of those out there. I think Dorms posters need to remember that they're speaking for potentially millions of people when they say something isn't needed.

Should there be an extra pip? Not sure. If some new piece of gear gives us another pip though, I think it has to come at the expense of something else, like critical rating, block, or damage. Wands are probably the best piece of gear on which to make that tradeoff.
Let's look at the new Pip Decks. All of those decks are improvements on the previous ones, at least to the best of my recollection. So, it would seem that it doesnt follow the "trade off" rule. I just looked on Deulist's website, compared the L95 decks with the darkmoor ones, and EVERYTHING about the new decks is better. The 2PP wands should DEFINITELY be level controlled. Some would argue it to be a drop, others would argue crafted. We already know the world balance doesnt matter to KI when it comes to doing things. Look at the Amber Transmute spell, PvP, starting pips on upper worlds, Life and Death not getting AoE spells till 58 (almost 30 levels after most other schools), Life and Death not having school taught 4 pip AoEs, etc. Before anybody start shooting hole in that last statement, keep in mind these are things people have stated, on the forum, in their own words, that they feel to be unfair or skewed.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dayerider on Jan 15, 2015 wrote:
I, and many others, would disagree. For too long now we've had 4 pips compared to monsters' 14. Recently, in K2, we got 5 pips, which again, is compared to their 14. I don't think starting off with half the pips would make it too easy. Easier sure, but too easy? Nah. Ignoring Darkmoor for a moment, the next world coming out will probably be starting off with 14 pips and 3 Shadow pips, plus all new shadow magic, and mobs probably hitting 12k with bosses over 50k in the early stages. The end of the world will probably have 2 100k bosses plus 2 40k minions that cheat like mad. Ramping up our power would be a good way to stay on par, plus, if we DID get the +2 PP wands, they wouldnt ever have to upgrade our starting pips again, until they started doing a "super pip", because then, bossess and mobs would start with 21 pips compared to our 5. how do I "know" this? Because KI's method to playing fair is overwhelming brute force attack against the players. Seven pips at start would only level the playing field somewhat. I think what people REALLY fear is the PvP aspect of the +2 power pip wand (which is why it was never introduced; too many PvPers complained about it), and to those people I say, make it PvE only; end of problem
Very few start with 14 but also they have no boosts. Players easily have double damage to all their spells plus the multiple blades and traps that creatures don't have. As it stands right now, my 100 lvl wizards do more damage with 5 pip spells than most bosses can do with 14. I do agree the cheats have gone wild with Darkmoor, but that's not a standard storyline battle either.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
Very few start with 14 but also they have no boosts. Players easily have double damage to all their spells plus the multiple blades and traps that creatures don't have. As it stands right now, my 100 lvl wizards do more damage with 5 pip spells than most bosses can do with 14. I do agree the cheats have gone wild with Darkmoor, but that's not a standard storyline battle either.
in the future, they most likely will ALL start with 14. This idea doesnt cater to the NOW, it caters to the FUTURE. Agreed, Darkmoor is NOT the standard, and I have run it a few times and was able to navigate it with little trouble (notice I didnt say it was easy). As for boosts, there's many that do have boosts, they just do use them efficiently, and believe me, the game would be MUCH more challenging if they did.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Wizard101 already tried this, but they removed it soon before it hit the live realm. Right now level 95+ Wizards start off with 5 pips, if they have the right deck and wand of course. I see no reason to have level 100 Wizards start off with 7 pips. I'm pretty sure KI will most likely bring the two power pip wands back in newer worlds, and have power pip decks.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
dayerider on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
Let's look at the new Pip Decks. All of those decks are improvements on the previous ones, at least to the best of my recollection. So, it would seem that it doesnt follow the "trade off" rule. I just looked on Deulist's website, compared the L95 decks with the darkmoor ones, and EVERYTHING about the new decks is better. The 2PP wands should DEFINITELY be level controlled. Some would argue it to be a drop, others would argue crafted. We already know the world balance doesnt matter to KI when it comes to doing things. Look at the Amber Transmute spell, PvP, starting pips on upper worlds, Life and Death not getting AoE spells till 58 (almost 30 levels after most other schools), Life and Death not having school taught 4 pip AoEs, etc. Before anybody start shooting hole in that last statement, keep in mind these are things people have stated, on the forum, in their own words, that they feel to be unfair or skewed.
Just a correction: Death gets their AoE at level 48.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
lewski on Jan 17, 2015 wrote:
Just a correction: Death gets their AoE at level 48.
yes thanks for the correction. It's still MANY levels after the other schools, save for life, get theirs

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
dayerider on Jan 19, 2015 wrote:
yes thanks for the correction. It's still MANY levels after the other schools, save for life, get theirs
It really is, nowadays people have the option to get Deer Knight though, but that takes either money or patience. A friend of mine got the spell, and that made me think about how the game gets easier for the "younger" wizard generations I feel old now xD

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
lewski on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
It really is, nowadays people have the option to get Deer Knight though, but that takes either money or patience. A friend of mine got the spell, and that made me think about how the game gets easier for the "younger" wizard generations I feel old now xD
there are a number of ways to get Deer Knight, and as I have stated many times before, since it is NOT a guaranteed spell, it is NOT a suitable substitute for a guaranteed, school taught, spell. I crafted it, after not getting it fighting loremaster a ton of times. The problem is, DK isnt craftable till it's ALMOST outlived its usefulness. When you think of a 5 pip spell, you DONT think of it being useful after we get our rank 8 or rank 9 spell, you DONT think of it as useful in avalon, azteca, or khrysalis. Sure, it CAN be, but that is NOT the popular opinion.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
dayerider on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
there are a number of ways to get Deer Knight, and as I have stated many times before, since it is NOT a guaranteed spell, it is NOT a suitable substitute for a guaranteed, school taught, spell. I crafted it, after not getting it fighting loremaster a ton of times. The problem is, DK isnt craftable till it's ALMOST outlived its usefulness. When you think of a 5 pip spell, you DONT think of it being useful after we get our rank 8 or rank 9 spell, you DONT think of it as useful in avalon, azteca, or khrysalis. Sure, it CAN be, but that is NOT the popular opinion.
I know, but if you have the money to spend (which my friend did), you can get Deer Knight very early and it's a tremendous help to have an AoE spell early. As for usefulness, I still found it useful in Khrysalis before getting Khrulhu, when it became a bit obsolete, but not completely.