Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mutate Treasure Cards

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
In my treasure cards. I have a lot of cards that is called "Mutate" Like one says Mutate ice wyvern in fire wyvern. What does that mean and how do they work? Here are some other of the cards I have that are like that.

-Mutate Evil Snowman into Magma Man
-Mutate Kraken into Inferno Kraken
-Mutate Banshee into Forsaken Banshee
-Mutate Phoenix in Thunderbird

Explorer
Jan 23, 2014
PixiePrincess26 on Dec 13, 2014 wrote:
In my treasure cards. I have a lot of cards that is called "Mutate" Like one says Mutate ice wyvern in fire wyvern. What does that mean and how do they work? Here are some other of the cards I have that are like that.

If you own Evil Snowman, Kraken, Banshee , or Phoenix those treasure cards can mutate them into the other card it mentions... here's a few of them.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/TreasureCard:Magma_Man
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/TreasureCard:Inferno_Kraken
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/TreasureCard:Forsaken_Banshee
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/TreasureCard:Thunderbird

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Mutate spells only work on spells you know and have in your hand. They change the school damage of the original spell, but you must know the original spell to use it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

You have to have the original spell to transmute it to something else. In other words, without an ice wyvern, there is nothing to transmute to a fire wyvern.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
That is a great question! I will explain how they work. Mutate spells mutate spells into a different kind of spell. For example, the 'Mutate Evil Snowman into Magma Man' turns an Evil Snowman spellcard into a Magma Man spellcard. They are used similar to 'Tough', 'Strong', and those other spells that add damage to your attack spells. To use mutate spells, first get out the spellcard you want to mutate, next get out the mutate spellcard, lastly click on the mutate spellcard and then on the spellcard you want to mutate. BOOM! Your spell is now a completely different spell!

I hope this helps you!

Amy DeathWhisper, Initiate Necromancer

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Mutates work like the sun school spell enchantments. You click the mutate and then the appropriate learned spell during a battle to mutate the spell.

Example: You draw a Mutate Storm Elf treasure card. You click it and then a normal Fire Elf spell. You now have an enchanted fire elf card.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011

They work like other Sun school spells, you use them on a card and they enhance the card in some way. Mutate spells change a card to a different one. They usually change the school, sometimes adding bonus effects. They can only be used on spells specified in the card, for example Mutate Banshee can only be used on a Banshee card.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009

Mutate Cards act like most sun school cards in that they alter you spell in some way. Mutate changes both the animation and school of the card they are supposed to be applied to. It may also change how the spell works for example If you had a Mutate Ice Wyvern to Fire Wyvern it would have an alternate animation and become a Fire dot.

So Evil Snowman an ice spell would turn into Magma Man a fire spell and you would see a MagmaMan (think fire cat alley) instead of the usual snow man.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2014
I have used several sun enhancements and mutate ice wyvern. Usually if I left click after enhancing, the enhanced card is in my sideboard after the battle. Or if it fizzled or didn't get used. So I thought I would stock up on mutated wyverns. But none of them saved this time! Why not? Empty sideboard and none in my tc deck, but lots of room in my deck (over 100 empty spots) Any clue? I made at least a dozen, then went to look and they were not there

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Fallon SeaWalker on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:
I have used several sun enhancements and mutate ice wyvern. Usually if I left click after enhancing, the enhanced card is in my sideboard after the battle. Or if it fizzled or didn't get used. So I thought I would stock up on mutated wyverns. But none of them saved this time! Why not? Empty sideboard and none in my tc deck, but lots of room in my deck (over 100 empty spots) Any clue? I made at least a dozen, then went to look and they were not there
Check again. If you log out, then back in they will be there.