Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Five B.O.X.E.S - What are your thoughts?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
I loved playing through these. This is possibly my favorite event. Firstly I used to watch a lot of Doctor Who when I was young and to play through this was amazing. The music inside the telegraph box, or the tardis, was fantastic. I loved exploring through the new areas... especially that pirate one :D Also I love the new idea of craftable mounts. Hope to see more of them.

I hope to see more events like this. KI's doing a good job with these events. Hope this isn't just a one time event and that it's like the lost pages event.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
Same; I want to thank KI for this!! I'm a total Whovian (and a lot of things besides- not even going to go through the whole list, but it's long!) and I thought this was great!! Now we just need a Harry Potter themed event, or Lord of the Rings, or something like that.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Natsu Dragneel on Oct 3, 2014 wrote:
I loved playing through these. This is possibly my favorite event. Firstly I used to watch a lot of Doctor Who when I was young and to play through this was amazing. The music inside the telegraph box, or the tardis, was fantastic. I loved exploring through the new areas... especially that pirate one :D Also I love the new idea of craftable mounts. Hope to see more of them.

I hope to see more events like this. KI's doing a good job with these events. Hope this isn't just a one time event and that it's like the lost pages event.
I've done the first two so far and thought they were fun. I still watch Dr. Who so I really loved the look and feel of these quests. I hope KI doesn't forget about this and brings it back soon after it expires on the 13th.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Natsu Dragneel on Oct 3, 2014 wrote:

I love the five boxes! I watch doctor who a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it's my favorite show!

I love the Pogo stick mounts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I love how the quests give you quite a bit of exp. Doing the boxes up to Mooshu was just what I needed to boost me up to level 60 without having to do really hard Celestia and Wintertusk quests.

I think there should totally be more events like this!!!!!! The five boxes ROCK

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
I would agree. I loved playing through the Five B.O.X.E.S event! This is my favorite event because of the Doctor Who reference(s) of this event, like how Kingsisle added in the telegraph box. I really liked the 4th telegraph box because we could get to explore Skull Island in Pirate101 and meet Boochbeard( I almost fangirled XD). And yeah, I wish there were more craftable mounts. It was a really cool event to play this October. Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts, my thoughts exactly.

Survivor
May 07, 2013
I also am enjoying this event!
The amount of time to do these aren't, IMO, to long and the difficulty seems very reasonable as well ... THANK YOU KI and PLEASE do more of this type of event!!

Talon Drakecrafter

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
I am definitely extremely happy with this event. I am also a Whovian and am thrilled at the homage paid to such a fantastic show. I haven't yet crafted any of the pogo sticks, but that is a very exciting new addition. I really hope KI keeps this event around. :D

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have been enjoying this event tremendously. KI gave F2P players a chance to play through one of these events. The pogo sticks are great. The ravenwood pogo stick really isn't all that difficult to craft, giving a lot of people the opportunity to obtain it. The other one, will take a little more doing, but great for the serious crafters and fishers.

I would have to say the most enjoyable part of this event was seeing Cyrus Drake in an Afro.

KI, keep up the good work.

Defender
Aug 15, 2010
I love watching Doctor Who, so this is combining my two favorite things. The sad thing is, they don't have a Krokotopia one, which is sad.

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
I just wish it did not coincide with the Halloween event. Please consider bringing it back in November. Trying for everything from the special fish to the halloween quests and professor is a lot. Especially if time on line is pressed.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I thoroughly enjoy this event! This is one of the best additions to the game in a long time. It is fun, has good rewards, is level-appropriate and not overly long, and is a great tribute to a really fun show.

Great Job KI! Thanks!

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I wish it would stay as a regular quest. I am not high enough to do the one on Avalon and I really liked the other ones.
And I must say, I want an Ice Fireplace like the one seen in the old Ravenwood ice dorm room!

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Great job KI! Very fun and entertaining.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Loved the five boxes but sad they are around for such a short time. Wish they could stay all month.
I would love more chances to get some of the cool drops. At this point I am not having much luck. lol
mattie1010

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
One of the things I noticed after reading other comments is several wizards mentioned the length of the five boxes quest. I agree I enjoy that they are not too long! Please take note Kingsisle.
Mattie114

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
Hello! I loved the Five B.O.X.E.S, because I am a Whovian, and I heard the reference, "Its bigger on the inside!" Which I loved that. When I first say it I was freaking out about it. Amy2020

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Alas I haven't tried it yet but I do hope nothing gets terribly timey wimey as I do this new quest

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Also wouldn't it be nice to have an event like this for harry potter fans seeing as this was clearly done for whovians....just an idea