Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People Wasting Spots

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2014
For a couple of days i have been fighting a lot of bosses for gold, A couple of times at the Kraken boss fight people are there not attacking (maybe they forgot to log out) but it gets really annoying because sometimes you might be the only one attacking and the rest aren't even playing the game, or you are trying to get in a battle but they are taking up the space. I don't want to report them because its not the right thing to do. Is there anything to do? I had a few ideas: a button where if 5+ people pressed the button they would be sent back to the Dorm/Castle or would be reported and kicked(not banned) Thanks for reading this

Adam RedFlame

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
A lot of people just pass during that battle because you get more drops if it lasts more rounds. You can always just change realms if you want to fight it alone.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
  1. The Kraken isn't even a good farming boss
  2. It's where all low levels go to farm for a 1 day rental mount
  3. Gangs of 5 wizards would go around kicking people for no reason, just to troll.
  4. How can you think it's okay to report someone for being AFK? Your idea says it.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Adam RedFlame on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
For a couple of days i have been fighting a lot of bosses for gold, A couple of times at the Kraken boss fight people are there not attacking (maybe they forgot to log out) but it gets really annoying because sometimes you might be the only one attacking and the rest aren't even playing the game, or you are trying to get in a battle but they are taking up the space. I don't want to report them because its not the right thing to do. Is there anything to do? I had a few ideas: a button where if 5+ people pressed the button they would be sent back to the Dorm/Castle or would be reported and kicked(not banned) Thanks for reading this

Adam RedFlame
Change realms.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

Adam RedFlame
First off it's not a reportable offense to enter and fight and walk away from your wizard.

Clearly they are just in it for the drops and if their wizard stays they get loot too. I have fled to avoid chronic issues with this. Long fights in upper worlds can drag on for ever is some one makes the clock count down every round.

Mary

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
At one time there was a rumor (may be true, I don't know) that if you entered the Kraken duel and did not attack you had a better chance of receiving a temporary mount as a drop. Perhaps the people are trying to take advantage of that. On my lower level wizards I've done it on occasion but I always try to buff or shield others in lieu of attacking so as not to "waste" the spot as you put it. If I can't heal, buff or shield I will at the very least pass quickly. Nothing maddens me more than those that let the timer tick down to zero without taking any action. Make a decision people, it ain't rocket surgery.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Change realm. Problem solved.

Length of a fight does not affect drops.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Gemma Luna on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
Change realm. Problem solved.

Length of a fight does not affect drops.
In that instance it appears to. I know it's not supposed to, but battles that last over 5 rounds with Kraken do tend to drop more items, including temp mounts, as opposed to just killing first round. I ran 50 battles @ 1 round and 50 battles @ 5 rounds by myself and got about 60% more drops in the latter.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Adam RedFlame
You can't report them - not casting a spell is hardly reportable and you will get in trouble for it. So your button for that is also not going to happen, nor should it.

Nothing here needs to change in the game. You need to change realms or stop farming (the drops are not worth it anyway) one of the busiest most accessible bosses in the game.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
*gets four friends*
*runs around banishing people to their castles*

Survivor
Aug 06, 2014
Sorry guys I'm new i didn't know how to change realms thanks for your help

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
lol reminded of the time I was in a low level PVP battle and no one had reshuffle trained or with TC. We both were out of cards and no one was willing to flee, so the battle lasted for over two hours, both unwilling to flee and both cardless lol

Survivor
Jun 28, 2014
People are doing this in loremaster as well, it's a common tactic used by farmers. They place themselves near a boss and just afk to get loot. One guy even bragged that he just watched TV while he kept his character in loremaster and basically let everyone else do the work. It is so annoying to have that timer count down to zero everytime or have them just hit pass each time and not even try to help out.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
LordArgus on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
People are doing this in loremaster as well, it's a common tactic used by farmers. They place themselves near a boss and just afk to get loot. One guy even bragged that he just watched TV while he kept his character in loremaster and basically let everyone else do the work. It is so annoying to have that timer count down to zero everytime or have them just hit pass each time and not even try to help out.
I've seen this behavior in low level wizards at loremaster too. They don't want XP that might eventually level them up, but want the drops chances.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2014
LordArgus on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
The Worst part is that they don't even get attacked for a few rounds in a row while everyone else does lose health, if only they would get attacked and lose all there health

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
I know, this was annoying for me too when I just wanted to finish the quest, but all spots were taken. Go to options and find the realms part. Go to a realm that says perfect. Low lvls don't know how to switch realms, so there should be nobody.

Malorn Ravenfriend and and just a little

Survivor
Aug 06, 2014
lol, one night i was doing the kraken and there 2 lvl 100s i didn't even attack they took him out in one turn