Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need to have the ability to trash gold

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
Is there a way to implement into the game a way we can trash gold? I have been at 400000 gold for days now on my balance. Other chars, even noob chars are dangerously close to maxing gold. Houses are becoming full. There is not enough stuff you can buy with it and even if there was, no place to store anything. I need to sell tc but I can't cause max gold. No time to friend a bunch of people to give them out. I would love to be able to trash at least half my gold. Some ideas-

Allow us to trash it of course is the best and fastest way.

Set up donation stations like in real life where we can "donate" it. Maybe poorer people can "take donations" from it.

Allow us to gift gold to the beggars in the commons or wherever.

Allow us to gift items from crown shop that can be bought for gold. This would help in so many ways.

Thanks for listening

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
I've found that a good way to trash max gold is buying the mounts at the bottom of the crown shop, some of them can be purchased with gold. Also hatching pets.

Though trashing gold would be cool too, I guess, except that most of my wizards are poor..

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
You do know you can simply trash treasure cards?

Otherwise, I suppose the simplest thing is to just buy expensive items from vendors or the bazaar and then feed them to your pet. The various shango's schoolblade amulets come to mind. Last I looked some of them were around 70K on the bazaar.

I agree the max gold mechanic is odd and a nuisance and might be mitigated slightly by allowing a character to simply trash excess gold. But its really not that hard to deal with.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Buy reagents. Also, you can now craft castle blocks.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Buy reagents. Also, you can craft castle blocks now, that oughta take up some cash.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
You are correct in that excess gold leads to problems clearing your inventory. I think you have some nice ideas. I like the idea of trashing gold (can we call it something different?), I like the idea of donations. Not sure about giving to beggars though, I am scared of encouraging annoying behavior.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
What I did with my gold is bought the Celestia house recipe. So all my money goes to working on crafting the house. It eats a lot of gold and you get a cool house out of it.

Recipes, hatching, crown items are a good way to spend the gold. I don't encourage the donating to beggars since that doesn't promote good behavior.

Maybe KI can implement something that exchanges x amount of gold for a pound of rice or something to people in need?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I "trash gold" whenever I visit the bazaar by buying a hat that costs around 200k and immediately selling it back. That gives me enough space to sell off my TC's from the gardens. If I'm feeling too lazy to do that, I'll just buy a mount from the crown shop for gold and then let them roam around one of my homes.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
seethe42 on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
I "trash gold" whenever I visit the bazaar by buying a hat that costs around 200k and immediately selling it back. That gives me enough space to sell off my TC's from the gardens. If I'm feeling too lazy to do that, I'll just buy a mount from the crown shop for gold and then let them roam around one of my homes.
I don't really understand why you are going to all the trouble of visiting the bazaar to sell treasure cards when you have more gold than you have any use for. Why don't you just trash the excess treasure cards? You can do that from anywhere. Just open up your deck, click the treasure card icon, and right click any treasure card you want to get rid of.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
DanTheTerrible2 on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
I don't really understand why you are going to all the trouble of visiting the bazaar to sell treasure cards when you have more gold than you have any use for. Why don't you just trash the excess treasure cards? You can do that from anywhere. Just open up your deck, click the treasure card icon, and right click any treasure card you want to get rid of.
Because I can sell 30 TC's in 2 clicks instead of trashing them in 60 clicks. If they added the ability to trash more than one, then I probably would choose to do that. It would be especially useful for all those annoying useless Polymorph Ninja cards from my EMP.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
Maybe just a way of storing gold? You may want to use it later, like if maybe some new attractive gear you liked was just released. Transferring and trading gold would be nice, that way you could transfer the gold into a bank because you don't need it. This comes from a person who spends her money quickly, so I am not fond of the idea of trashing it. Plus people could do it by accident! (Somehow)