Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the best pet in the crown shop?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2014
What's the best pet in the crown shop? I already got a flying squirrel, Jade oni, ianthe spectre and a death leprechaun. Would really like to know

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Wolf Shadow Horn on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
What's the best pet in the crown shop? I already got a flying squirrel, Jade oni, ianthe spectre and a death leprechaun. Would really like to know
Go check them out at the link below. No one can decide what is 'best' for you.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Pets

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
If you want maycasts, resist, and other good things like that the best one would be the sea dragon.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Well, it depends what you want out of a pet. My first really useful pet was a Dread Grimoire I bought with crowns. But that was for a balance wizard, there may be better options for you. Honestly though, no first generation pet, crown shop or not, is as good as a correctly bred pet an expert has created through the genetic engineering inherent in the hatching process. My current favorite pet has spell proof, fairy friend, spritely, and adds 2 bladestorm cards to my deck; I got him by hatching with a hatching genius from the Pet Central organization, which cost me some gold for the hatch but no crowns at all.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2012
I find that depending on what school you are then it's up to what pet you get for e.g I am a ice school so I have a golden ram because I like to heal but ice school Dosent have any healing spells except the main one but you can get life saytr if wanted no I highly high suggest a Pet with a Blade because it's universal also it's only 0 pips so it's option I really hope this helped sorry lol can't really respond fully my heads tired?

-Chris Boom Hunter

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Wolf Shadow Horn on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
I think it's safe to say no first generation pet has all the talents we want. You best bet is to decide what talents you want in a pet and start hatching with ones that have them. Even at first generation the Flying Squirrel is a popular pet to hatch with right now and you may get someone with talents you want to hatch with.

Once you get a pet with the talents you want you can start hatching for the look of the pet. I used to want Spritely, now it's better for me to try for Fairy Friend, Unicorn, spell proof and defy so I am working on that combo. Merging all the talents into one pet is a lot of hatching and training.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
No first generation pet is good in my opinion. Some have a few good talents, some have a few decent stats, some have a cool card. The way I choose a pet is #1 what pet card/s do I want? Once you answer that (for me that's always the Enchanted Armament pet, I haven't seen another pet that gives better cards yet) it's a matter of hatching the talents you want into the pet you want. This takes a lot of work and at least 10-15 generations of hatching, most likely a lot more. If you want a good pet, don't bother with first gen crown pets unles there's a specific talent you want that only that pet has. Hatching is the only way to get a decent pet.