Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Losing Connection?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Whenever I play Wizard101, I can play for about 45 minutes and then my computer restarts (it says that my computer ran into a problem and needs to restart). It gets really annoying when I am in the middle of a dungeon when this happens. The odd part is, the game lets me resume the dungeon if I get back on fast enough but it is still annoying when you lose connection right before the final boss and the others go ahead and defeat her/him. Is there any fix to this problem?
Sarai Thunderstrider
Magus

Squire
May 10, 2013
glowstorm13 on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
Whenever I play Wizard101, I can play for about 45 minutes and then my computer restarts (it says that my computer ran into a problem and needs to restart). It gets really annoying when I am in the middle of a dungeon when this happens. The odd part is, the game lets me resume the dungeon if I get back on fast enough but it is still annoying when you lose connection right before the final boss and the others go ahead and defeat her/him. Is there any fix to this problem?
Sarai Thunderstrider
Magus
We can't fix this because this is a problem with the computer, not the game.
The computer needs to be fixed, not the game.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Personally i lose connection once in a while because of my internet connection but never i have had my computer restart on me personally i think its your computer because it doesnt do this for mine mine is a windows 8 So i would invest in a new computer in this case hope this helped.
May the fire always shine bright
Austin Firecaster Exalted Pyromancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Sarai Thunderstrider
Magus
The game is fine. How do, however have a computer problem. I doubt you need a new computer (very few of us can just run out a buy a new one) but you may want to run your anti-virus software and a malware program to see if there's anything hidden causing this.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Sarai Thunderstrider
Magus
Several things could cause this to happen so will be hard to nail down.

Are the all the fans running ok on your computer so that is not heating up, there is one inside on the CPU very important and tends to clog up with dust and usually 1 or 2 attached going to the outside on the case. Are the video drivers and the operating system on your computer up to date so they can process the game content with out crashing.

Altho not at it's best Wizards can run on an older computer - usually with out issue so if you played before with out the problem you should still be able to play with out having to buy newer.

Last if the above it ok dokay, is uninstall and reinstall the game - this is time consuming as it will mean loading in all the areas of the game again. Some times when software crashes at the wrong time(s) it gets buggy and needs a reinstall to restore the missing pcs that may have become damaged.

Mary